DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8780 Posts

I think there is something. But I don't think self-consciousness and self-awareness will be part of the equation. I think it will be something totally different. What do you think?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59070 Posts

We could be NPCs in a galactic Ubisoft game that's not very good.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

We could be NPCs in a galactic Ubisoft game that's not very good.

A simulation hmmm well that describes the downgrade from the 90's we live in today. As for the question it's really hard to say but this GOD people talk about sounds like a real narcissist. It's his way or the highway it sounds like if I don't worship him enough I get sent to Hell for eternity wow talk about a ego.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

@warmblur: You might be on to something, maybe we're part of a cosmic franchise that got really lazy.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2144 Posts

@warmblur said:

A simulation hmmm well that describes the downgrade from the 90's we live in today.

Must be getting closer to release date.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#6 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

No. I'd be glad if there is one, but at the same time, feel pretty indifferent about it also.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984

All I know is I can't wait to see!!! life is boring and doesn't live up to the hype very overrated the worst open world game of all time and the NPCs are almost all insane.

AhReQueNoMori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8 AhReQueNoMori
Member since 2020 • 937 Posts

No, why would there be?

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17863 Posts

No.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1404 Posts

I guess all you can do, is to lay out infront of you what is known. You relatively experience reality purely through the senses of your baryonic matter body, you're ankered in space-time. When death comes for you and consciousness recedes, hypothetically the universe will do a big crunch within no-time and (this) Reality is no more in the eyes of the dead.

Avatar image for deactivated-6085a0bd46474
deactivated-6085a0bd46474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 deactivated-6085a0bd46474
Member since 2009 • 1166 Posts

I sure hope there is no afterlife. I've seen enough.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#13 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16017 Posts

Yes, I do. I'm looking forward to it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

@dracula_16 said:

Same here!

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

There is for sure other worlds. For most, I doubt our world is not the best.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@davillain- said:
@dracula_16 said:

Same here!

Imagine if it's all a simulation. I would be fine with that as long as I can create my own and be able to do anything I want and anyone. 😉

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17673 Posts

Don’t know.

I didn’t used to, I was a heavy skeptic, then one morning I was witness to an apparition (though it was of an animal, which apparently is far more common than people). What’s known as a “residual haunting”, and I didn’t even realize what I was looking at until it evaporated into thin air not ten feet away from me when I flipped a light on in the room.

Scared me to death. I’m more inclined to the belief of an afterlife, if it exists, as being some form of residual energy, unconscious and inert, rather than another plane of existence or stage of life. But my beliefs have certainly opened to the possibility after my encounter.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4236 Posts

Yes. If we’re alive in this reality, then what makes anyone believe we won’t be in another??

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38683 Posts

i don't believe there is but maybe i'll be surprised.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1679 Posts

Nope. This is all you get. Make the best of it, or don't. Doesn't really matter as we're all just worm food in the end.

-Vulpix-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 -Vulpix-
Member since 2008 • 2564 Posts

Got a few things in mind of an afterlife

first one

It Being an endless dream, with the possibility of viewing past dreams or going to them.

or when you die your mind creates a dream and whatever dream that is becomes your new reality.

2nd one reborn in a parallel universe with either some memories or no memories of the previous one.

3rd one while this world may continue after your death your life may reset to when you were born and were just repeating the same things over again.

Would prefer the 1st or 2nd options than the third one though.

Kind of been thinking the endless dream one as a possibility mainly due to some dreams I have had with some dreams I have had getting pretty crazy had a couple of dragons, and a pokemon trying to cross over from my dreams into this reality, or had one trying to destroy every reality I've been in just to keep me in that one, and that pokemon even though they knew about this reality they seemed convinced that my original form is a dragon from another reality since they tried destroying it as well and I have been a dragon and a pokemon quite bit in dreams before as well. The dragon I ended up as remained the but it does change a bit on which Pokemon I seem to be not sure what determines that since I have been some like Yveltal, Articuno, Dialga, Ninetales and others.

LoobPlayer11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By LoobPlayer11
Member since 2021 • 22 Posts

yes there is afterlife

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

No. Everything about the idea of it seems pretty silly to me. Besides, negating all of our primal needs for survival now that you're dead and have become some immortal being, what would we do for 24/7 for all eternity? If you believe the afterlife is reserved for humans, then what about all of the other species of humans that once existed? Do you think the Neanderthal's are still sitting around a campfire hunting animals in the afterlife for past several thousand years? If you believe your dog can go into the afterlife then so can a T-Rex.

Nearly every aspect of us, how we think, how we feel and what we do are all based on our needs for our species survival. Everything we created, everyone we socialize with, and everything we enjoy experiencing, etc are all rooted in our instincts for how our species has adapted to survival. Without that, there is nothing left. Furthermore, everything we continue to learn about the nature of the universe from entropy to quantum physics seems to suggest more and more that it can be ruled out.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#24 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

What if we're in the afterlife now, and our lives are in accordance to how well or poorly we lived our previous lives?

Peasly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#25  Edited By Peasly
Member since 2004 • 554 Posts

Really good question. If there is one I hope there's no pain and suffering like there is in life.

Reading a book trilogy called the Chasing Graves Series by Ben Galley. It's about a world where ghosts are bound as slaves for the rich. This explains it better: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chasing-Graves-Trilogy-Box-Set-ebook/dp/B07RLWJ5TT

Gives a different perspective on said afterlife..!!

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44591 Posts

Hope for one, but I am not going to think modern religion has the answer to that. There is something though to admire about the religious, like the introspection, desire to strive for higher ideals, to check ourselves against our personal flaws. But that just makes a better world, or we hope it does.

As for what lies beyond, who knows. Maybe we aren't judged on an eternal basis, maybe there lies a real society that also speculates what exists beyond. Maybe this life is a dry run for a real one. Maybe we are just NPCs in someone else simulated world and they have a real covenant with a real creative diety. Maybe we just die and that is it. Maybe we don't have souls with free will but are products of our environment in a deterministic universe where the real variable that make us ourselves are just the environmental influences. What if at our core we are all the same, exactly the same, if the same soul was born in another body we would behave the same way the other soul would. In one life we are Martin Luther King Jr and in another we are Hitler, we are essentially the same program where our environmental influences are like the seed to the program that yield different results.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@Peasly said:

Really good question. If there is one I hope there's no pain and suffering like there is in life.

Reading a book trilogy called the Chasing Graves Series by Ben Galley. It's about a world where ghosts are bound as slaves for the rich. This explains it better: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chasing-Graves-Trilogy-Box-Set-ebook/dp/B07RLWJ5TT

Tell me about it people say life is to short I disagree I think it's way to long if it was up to me everybody would die at 40. Life is exhausting people also say life is what you make it. That is only half way true there's alot of shit we can't control that can go wrong and ruin are lives permanently like going blind or being paralyzed etc... that is basically living in hell anyways I hope death can give us all peace.

Peasly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#28 Peasly
Member since 2004 • 554 Posts

@warmblur said:
@Peasly said:

Tell me about it people say life is to short I disagree I think it's way to long if it was up to me everybody would die at 40. Life is exhausting people also say life is what you make it. That is only half way true there's alot of shit we can't control that can go wrong and ruin are lives permanently like going blind or being paralyzed etc... that is basically living in hell anyways I hope death can give us all peace.

I see where your coming from. Struggling through life is just not the way it should be, it is exhausting and maybe at the end there is peace for us. Just not sure what it looks like or if there is anything at all...!!

Avatar image for deactivated-607bf9fb0a0d3
deactivated-607bf9fb0a0d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-607bf9fb0a0d3
Member since 2015 • 11 Posts

No.

MiaBright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MiaBright
Member since 2021 • 4 Posts

I don't believe in the afterlife, but I believe in karma.

jboycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jboycat
Member since 2021 • 27 Posts

Why would anyone believe in the afterlife when no one liked you in his life before that? Some guy I know got slandered beyond heck so much that everyone would think of him as this second guessed guy so everyone would think of him wound to death that as a result - everything he won was won by stupidity and the guy that slandered reaped all the success.

I like what one of you guys said about the dynamic of people being created is that when life is discussed by people that know shit - people that are pragmatic don't question what that guy said because he understood the ingenuity that there's a reason for everything and that God knows it up to where - which is how great He is. Maybe I'll never get the answer to the aforementioned but did he love being alive. That's always an answer up to God so everything's gravy.

jboycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jboycat

I'd like it if one of God's friends - assuming that He has friends - would offer something like that to me. I'd like it if everyone was offered the power forger. What begets power is what I don't know unless you are receptive and are worth your salt in life. What if you could place whatever you want and everyone wins something without having to deal with the pragmatism of socialites ruining things by running it and saying stupid slogans all the time. I'd like his - and ask him if I could be a transformer :)

Or maybe he cares about people that don't care about power. I like people that hate power. Cool.

jboycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jboycat

Or maybe he has a courageous friend that loves His kids so He keeps giving them credit and they act like sweet weenies that love everything and love everything and are magnetic and fearless. But not boundless. But fun. Maybe, in that friendship circle, all of His friends worlds are fun. Let's go *winkywink*

jboycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jboycat

Or let's stay in this one. All the winners are badass. Only problem is that they're mean. Shame *wonder*

spynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 spynx
Member since 2006 • 39 Posts

Sometime i ask myself that before i was born where was I? I believe there is an afterlife and i'm not going to live i this world forever.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

@jboycat said:

I'd like it if one of God's friends - assuming that He has friends -

Sure, why not?

Estrowin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Estrowin
Member since 2018 • 66 Posts

Yes, I will ascend to heaven and meet Jesus for the good I do and the sins I repented.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#39 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

No and I can't really imagine anything worse than existing forever