Do you know Holocaust deniers?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

There's a particular gaming forum I frequent that is very right wing and conservative. I wasn't surprised to find deniers there, but it makes me wonder how common it is. I think I need to cut off some of the forums I frequent.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58371 Posts

No, because Holocaust Deniers are fake news, a lie perpetuated by the alt left. I deny that Deniers exist. What is really going on is....aliens.

In all seriousness, I really can't comprehend the ignorance it takes to be a holocaust denier. If I were ever to encounter one in person, I just might actually lose my shit on them. Either that or my head would explode from not being able to accept that such ahuman an animal exists in this world.

I can stomach Trump and Pelosi supporters, racists and bigots, chauvinists and sexists....but I just can't tolerate a Holocaust denier. That's like willingly stupid bigotry. Take your agenda, or the alleged agenda "teh Jews" allegedly have (fun fact: they don't) and just accept that it is historical fact that the Holocaust occurred.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#3  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I knew one but he now accepts it as truth. He's just an odd dude that will go out of his way to make comments telling a Muslim to "go fvck a goat" but considers himself not a racist. To be honest I like him but am pretty sure something is terribly wrong in his head.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

My father doesn't agree with the numbers of Jews that were executed, he maintains that number is exaugurated. He's not racist though married a black women and thinks that they (Jews) worked had to get where they were.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17669 Posts

No, I won’t waste time with people like those. They shouldn’t even be dignified with attention, just ignored. The same with Flat Earthers and Moon landing nuts.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

I do not or at least they haven't revealed to myself, thankfully.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

I don't know any in real life, have seen them on forums and comment sections of vidoes supporting that kind of thing.

pook99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 pook99
Member since 2014 • 915 Posts

I don't know that holocaust deniers and right wingers have anything in common at all, don't know they have anything to do with the left either, they are typically just crazy people and trying to connect them to one side of the political aisle is just foolish.

I met a holocause denier once when I was working at an overnight deli, he was completely out of his mind and said that the gas chambers were actually just lice showers. These people are nuts, they are worth engaging in conversation though because they say such totally insane things and you will get a laugh from them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#9 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

@pook99: I saw one on TV saying that they even had a swimming pool at Auschwitz and that it was a luxury resort.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

Nope. But during University I did meet a Japanese guy who claimed that Japan did not invade China and all the atrocities were fake. I guess it’s an equivalent.

In many ways I felt so sorry for this guy. In his heart he knew it was true but he has to (enthusiastically) deny the fact. Gosh I hope he is well.

I think if anyone ever meets a denier, we should not be too harsh on him or her. Imagine the pain that this person goes through when he/she denies it.

I can only imagine the battle in his/her brain to cancel facts and speak fiction as if it were true. It’s like waking up in broad daylight only to keep telling yourself it’s night time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@pook99 said:

I don't know that holocaust deniers and right wingers have anything in common at all, don't know they have anything to do with the left either, they are typically just crazy people and trying to connect them to one side of the political aisle is just foolish.

I'm not trying to connect them. But that's how those users are. Maybe better descriptions would be edgelords and the total polar opposites of SJWs. People just keep disappointing me.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17669 Posts
@kadin_kai said:

I think if anyone ever meets a denier, we should not be too harsh on him or her. Imagine the pain that this person goes through when he/she denies it.

I can only imagine the battle in his/her brain to cancel facts and speak fiction as if it were true. It’s like waking up in broad daylight only to keep telling yourself it’s night time.

I think the pain we should pay more attention to is that which comes from those who've lost their family in the past to these atrocities who are being incredibly disrespected and their sufferings dismissed by these willful ignoramuses who outright deny they ever took place.

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1854 Posts

@ezekiel43: I knew two in my life total. Both conspiracy nuts, and have come to be the template I have in my head for conspiracy theorists since they were both so unbelievably alike.

Both worked mundane low-paying service jobs, both never completed college, both had trouble keeping long term friendships and relationships with the opposite sex together, both had abrasive and pessimistic personalities, and both, despite all of their obvious short-comings and failings in life, had MASSIVE egos.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I met someone who didn't believe most of American history taught in schools. He didn't believe that colonization of America was as bad towards native americans as it was, or that the settlers were at all in the wrong. Granted, maybe some of the groups of Indians were warring and savage, I have no clue, but there's no denying that the colonists came along and basically took the land from the natives and destroyed their tribes and ways of life. The fact that we're still trying to make up for that injustice to this day should say something about that.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Nope, don't know any.

I thought it was just a meme.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@MirkoS77: Your are right, attention should be paid to the survivors and their families.

However, the topic of discussion is Holocaust deniers here, which I view as more of a mental health issue.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

If I did, they wouldn't want to know me.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@ezekiel43 said:
@pook99 said:

I'm not trying to connect them. But that's how those users are. Maybe better descriptions would be edgelords and the total polar opposites of SJWs. People just keep disappointing me.

I never realized how many stupid people are out there until I got into politics.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44265 Posts

No I do not know anyone like that, thankfully.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9822 Posts

I met an old German lady who lived through the war, and she angrily denied the holocaust happened. She said there was no food, people starved and they burned the dead in the crematoriums.

I didn't want to argue with her....just walked away, kind of sickened.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@sealionact said:

I met an old German lady who lived through the war, and she angrily denied the holocaust happened. She said there was no food, people starved and they burned the dead in the crematoriums.

That's the BS this forum scum told me.

No intelligent German officer would have blurted out, "Burning the bodies means no one will ever know!" That belief is baldly drooling moronic of people who think it's a motivation to spend a huge amount of war resources "hiding" a genocide. The Jews were interned to work on war-time production and increase the resources for the war, not to decrease those resources. Some died during that term of forced labour and needed to be cremated. Many did not die and "survived" the Holocaust. If all the Jews had vanished, no one would have said, "No bodies were found! Guess they never existed in the first place!" but then... all the Jews did not vanish, and in fact they turned around and had enough manpower to conquer and ethnically cleanse a foreign country just a few years later. Strange.

I laughed out loud at the bold part. It was after I said this about the documentary Shoah, among more gruesome stories:

One account is of how the piled bodies looked after being gassed in the chambers. The stronger, more able-bodied victims on top of the others because they tried to climb above them for air. Bodies being trampled, children's skulls crushed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d693385560c3
deactivated-5d693385560c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5d693385560c3
Member since 2012 • 666 Posts

No one in my life is a Holocaust denier....that I know of anyway.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#23 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59062 Posts

Never came across one, he it in real life or the Internet.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

No. But, I've seen climate-change deniers and biology deniers. Right-leaning, left-leaning. They're both science deniers.