Do you own something(s) you would almost never sell?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8777 Posts

What part of a favored collection could never part with? Or is it something you treasure above all else? Or something you can't replace? What might that be?

Mine is an original animation cel from the anime Vampire Hunter D. I also have another one from the sequel Bloodlust. I'm proud I was able purchase them in a less expensive time. I will almost never part with them.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34625 Posts

Yeah, quite a lot of retro videogames. Could sell for a bunch of cash, but I'd rather have them. But I mean, would people pay insane amounts of money, I'd sell. Couple hundreds here and there, who cares. Couple thousands? Now we talkin.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1350 Posts

I have a chainsaw from the pre emissions days that is legendary in the arboriculture industry that I picked up a few years ago for a great price, I just keep it more as a piece of history, only use it once in a while but I don’t think I’d part with it unless I was really desperate for cash.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23038 Posts

Just some things that are nearly worthless to anyone but me. A couple tools inherited from my grandfather, a few decorations inherited from departed uncles, and a bible inherited from my great depression era great grandmother (printed in the 1890s).

I like having these around as reminders, especially the tools. It's really nice to build something today using those same tools. It keeps life in perspective.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4232 Posts

I would never sell my soul for $5. Like that one Simpsons episode where he sells his soul to Milhouse. It’s an identity you can’t really reclaim.

Otherwise, property wise, I have a rare wallet from the 90s that I really like. It’s got a lot of value to me. I like the way you can close it with the two circular buttons. They don’t build them like they used to.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16005 Posts

My Toronto Maple Leafs jersey. Mainly because it costs a lot to get a new one; probably about $300. I got it as a gift. I'm a huge Leafs fan and it has some sentimental value to me.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4232 Posts

@dracula_16: which reminds me of a Koby Bryant rookie card I have from 1996. According to eBay sellers if it’s got a PSA of 10, it’s worth about $6,000. From my understanding, those cards appreciate themselves overtime. And I’m in no hurry to sell.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9555 Posts

At this point... not really. I've actually been thinking about selling off my game collection. A few years ago I would have never even fathomed that idea. However, it's taking up a lot of room and I'd probably get a nice chunk of change for all the physical games I own and it's not like I'm going to stop playing games. I'm not sure of the value of my sizeable collection, but it's probably enough to put a nice down-payment on a house.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#9 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59017 Posts

I guess my dogs, like them more than I like people.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8777 Posts

What kind of dogs? Feel free to post pics everyone.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7239 Posts

A limited edition arsenal invincible framed photo only 2004 made and distributed.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38681 Posts

plenty of personal items that i'd never part with but are basically worthless.

anything that has actual value to someone else i'd probably sell assuming the price was good