dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16017 Posts

On your phone, that is. I prefer to call someone; what do you guys prefer?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59071 Posts

Been spammed with that many scammy Indian phone calls at this point barely turn the phone on.

So yea, text.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8780 Posts

Text unless I need to talk to them immediately. Then I use voice.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8278 Posts

Phone calls, I joke about this with freinds of mine. I hate texts, especially when it's family or friends. Just call me. In the time it takes people to go back n forth in a text conversation we could have talked it out in less than a minute.

I'm bringing it back, just call me

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

I try to do more video chat rather than calling people and I do a fair amount of texting as its more easy to say and save important message keynotes. Overall, texting more and second would be video chat. Calling people is on my last thing to do.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58378 Posts

I don't want to sound curmudgeonly or anything, but any significant conversation worth having is worth having in person. I don't like phone calls; as much as voice inflection might get lost in text (emoji's solve a lot of that, btw), I think having a conversation over a cel-phone is even worse.

Just text; it makes conveying info easier, and if you want a personal conversation, then let's meet up somewhere and do so.

I'm very all or anything; I want either the necessary details (via text) in a concise format, or a really nice chat (in person) where I can see your body language. I do not want a phone call.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mrbojangles25
@uninspiredcup said:

Been spammed with that many scammy Indian phone calls at this point barely turn the phone on.

So yea, text.

Also this.

I don't think I pick up about 90% of phone calls.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38683 Posts

depends. if I need immediate response or am somewhere where I can't text ( driving ) I'll just call. mostly though I text because it's interrupt based and I can get back to doing whatever I was doing and get back to the communication later.

ArmoredCore55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ArmoredCore55
Member since 2005 • 24942 Posts

Text most of the time. I’m quite a private person.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17673 Posts

I despise spending time on the phone.….tell me what I need to know, then I gotta go. When communications are so distant and impersonal, it relegates it to merely information exchange. No body language, no nuance, subtlety, or any of the intricacies of human connection. It’s boring.

I do prefer text over talking, and will avoid phone conversations as much as I’m able.

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

Depends on what I need but it's usually text. Or email if it's work related. Gives you time to think it through. A lot of times when someone calls me I say I'll have to think about it, or I'll have to check and get back to you later, or something like that. Clearly that means YOU SHOULD HAVE TEXTED!

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3438 Posts

In my personal life always text me, unless the world is ending. Both my sisters love to call me and have long talks about every detail of their lives. And with both I got to a point where I had to tell them to stop it because I've got more interesting stuff to do than being on the phone. Make it quick or don't bother because I'm going to be unpleasant.

Unless I'm driving, than I'll just drive and pretend like I'm listening.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34666 Posts

It takes longer to text, so I usually prefer to call. That way I can also hear how the person is feeling and adapt my words accordingly.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1164 Posts

This really depends on various factors. If there's an emergency or help is needed, calling is a must. Texting me when something is needed won't result in immediate action, unless I happen to be checking my phone constantly, which I don't do. Texting is more appropriate for communicating ideas, getting a point across when both parties are busy to where a call cannot be made. Texting also gives me the impression that a response isn't needed immediately, but at my own leisure. Texting can also lead to miscommunication that verbal ques wouldn't have done had we been talking via the phone.

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#17  Edited By GNS
Member since 2015 • 922 Posts

Depends, if its constant back and forth with texting, I'd rather just call. It takes less time in general to talk things through via phone call than via text messages. But, if it just couple of confirmations, than, sure, text.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

Most of the time I prefer texting. It allows me to get the conversation over with faster with people I'm not in the mood to talk to.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mrbojangles25

@gns said:

Depends, if its constant back and forth with texting, I'd rather just call. It takes less time in general to talk things through via phone call than via text messages. But, if it just couple of confirmations, than, sure, text.

Yeah I have a rule where if our conversation has gone on for more than five texts each (and we aren't doing some unimportant, .gif-heavy banter that's better with texts) then I will call.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 692 Posts

Calling is just more efficient and better at avoiding misunderstandings ( you get to hear the other person's tone).

The issue is that it takes more time and focus.

So it depends on the situation.

From my point of view, if it's important even to a minimum degree, better to call.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

Sorry, it's going to be another boring "It depends on the person and the situation". Each has its place.

All things being equal, I prefer to feel it out and accommodate to the other person's preference.

Kzunec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kzunec
Member since 2023 • 6 Posts

I believe that in the modern world, phone calls are considered rude and disrespectful.
This does not apply to very urgent and serious situations.
For those who are unsure of what situation to consider serious, it is a situation where someone's life and health depend on the phone call.

Samfs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Samfs
Member since 2023 • 7 Posts

I prefer to call, texting gets boring very fast and we can't hear peoples emotions.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23942 Posts

Phone calls if urgent, texts if otherwise.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#25 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26104 Posts

For significant others, call; for literally everyone else: text.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3481 Posts

Text

amyjackson1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 amyjackson1
Member since 2023 • 1 Posts

Whether I prefer to call or text depends on the specific context and my purpose for communication:

1. Call: I prefer calling when I need to have a real-time conversation, convey complex information, or discuss something that requires immediate attention. It's often more personal and can help clarify things quickly. Calling is also my preference for catching up with friends and family as it allows for a more intimate connection.
  2. Text: Texting is my choice for quick updates, sharing links or information, and when I don't want to interrupt someone's schedule. It's great for asynchronous communication, allowing the recipient to respond at their convenience. Texting is also handy for maintaining a written record of conversations, which can be useful for reference.

In summary, my preference between calling and texting varies depending on the nature of the communication and the situation. Each method has its advantages, and I choose the one that best suits the task at hand.

Flowerdead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Flowerdead
Member since 2007 • 41 Posts

Text, unless it's my GF or immediate family.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

@amyjackson1 said:

Whether I prefer to call or text depends on the specific context and my purpose for communication:

1. Call: I prefer calling when I need to have a real-time conversation, convey complex information, or discuss something that requires immediate attention. It's often more personal and can help clarify things quickly. Calling is also my preference for catching up with friends and family as it allows for a more intimate connection.
  2. Text: Texting is my choice for quick updates, sharing links or information, and when I don't want to interrupt someone's schedule. It's great for asynchronous communication, allowing the recipient to respond at their convenience. Texting is also handy for maintaining a written record of conversations, which can be useful for reference.

In summary, my preference between calling and texting varies depending on the nature of the communication and the situation. Each method has its advantages, and I choose the one that best suits the task at hand.

The highlighted area is my answer as well.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

text, or what's app even, if I get a call I'll stare at the screen until it stops ringing then text them saying what do you want, then I'll decide whether I'm going to answer.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15943 Posts

when I was younger, text. now its call and straight to point.

jacejohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jacejohn
Member since 2024 • 1 Posts

I also prefer call rather than text.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17673 Posts

I don’t enjoy talking on the phone past what is necessary to communicate the point. Just don’t enjoy it.

Text is preferred.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2445 Posts

Email.

outworld222

Forum Posts