Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 0

#1 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

In the 90s I worked at this department store. It was a weeknight in December few weeks before Christmas. I was wasting my time staring at the clock wanting to be elsewhere.

I heard “excuse me.”

Turn around to see this massive guy heavily tanned with sunglasses.

I smile say, “Whats up.”

He asked me about some Christmas decoration & the accent was heavy New Yorker. I explained the product & the big guy looked confused & motioned for me to follow him.

We go to another aisle and theres this guy standing there looking awkward with huge stupid looking sunglasses, his coat collar was sticking up & it looked like he had fake spray on grey hair coloring.

I greeted the guy & began explaining how the Christmas thing worked and he responded and the voice sounded familiar. I looked at his face & he spoke again...

Kyle MacLachlan the actor. Not that popular these days but in the 90s he was very busy. At the time he was dating super model Linda Evangelista who came from my hometown I assumed thats why he was there.

I stayed calm said simply, “sir I love your work especially Lynch movies great job!” Or something stupid like that. He thanked me and I left them alone while he looked at some other shit.

I went back to our desk and this girl I worked with was there. I excitedly told her who was a few aisles away...

She didn’t believe me said “bullshit,” then walked to peak around corner.

I suddenly hear this shriek “OH MY GOD!” I go look and she ran up to the poor guy and grabbed his arm. The big guy separated and pushed her back. She was freaking out and he quickly exited the store leaving his bodyguard to buy the items.

I felt bad for the guy he seemed nice gotta suck not being able to just go into a store.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#2 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Well, "celebrities" is relative. I'm sure many people I consider "celebrities" are obscure to you.

Anyway, I'll always remember that time I got an autograph from Justin Marshall, former Halfback for Canterbury/Crusaders and All Blacks, my favourite rugby union teams. Apparently not the nicest guy in the locker room, but I think that's just a Halfback thing; they tend to be small and feisty.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1351 Posts

I’ve met a few singers of emo and punk bands I am really into, but they may not be celebrities to the mainstream pop culture followers.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8437 Posts

Yeah I've met quite a handful.

I met Sam Raimi, director of the Evil Dead movies and the original Spider-Man trilogy.

I met much of the Judd Apatow gang (including himself), including Seth Rogen, James Franco and Danny McBride.

I met Eric Estrada from that old show Chips.

I met Pete Docter several times. He is the current head at Pixar Animation and he's the director of Monsters Inc., Up and Inside Out.

I've met many more people in the music scene as I've been to many many concerts.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts

Only a soccerplayer when he was more famous than now.. He asked me for road directions. Oh and the lawyer for Norway's most hated man... When defending him.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

I apparently met the Dukes of Hazard stars when I was little. Moms got the pic but I don't remember it. I passed Bono and Edge in a hotel lobby, people were already hounding them so I didn't bother. Met Ken Ham (ugh) at a B&B in Stowe.

Also Elvis.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59100 Posts

Met Wolf and Shadow from UK Gladiators at a Livingston event.

Uh.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Yes, I've met Erik Estrada because he was in my town doing a TV reality show called "Armed and Famous" I'm also related to Amy O'Neill somehow, talked to her a number of times at get togethers.

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#9  Edited By benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

I met Johnny Yong Bosch back in 2016 at SunnyCon Anime Expo he's been in almost everything from anime to video games along with the Power Rangers Movie.

Same goes with Paul Freeman who I met at Newcastle Film & Comic-Con during that year who was Ivan Ooze, Rene Belloq from Raiders of the Lost Ark.

And there was also Quinton Flynn when it comes to Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts who I've met more then three times at both SunnyCon and KupoCon.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#10 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I met the guitarist for my favorite band, Dead Sara. She was awesome, super friendly and she signed my shirt. I have it framed on my wall. Maybe not a celebrity to most but it was a great experience for me.

claymoreman23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 claymoreman23
Member since 2019 • 302 Posts

Jason Bourne.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

Mario Lemieux and assorted other Penguins. Rod Stewart in town once. And took a young family member to a Black Veil Brides concert and met them as well back in the day.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

I partied with Tony Romo in college. Other than that, nothing special.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Yup! I got to meet Jane Fonda and Gene Wilder. Was really fun for me

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6954 Posts

Yes, numerous if you include political and business types.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

@SUD123456 said:

Business?

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

I once saw Timmy Mallet at Chessington World of Adventures.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3231 Posts

I met William Shatner in 2018. He signed my book.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14812 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@SUD123456 said:

Business?

Yeah, like Elizabeth Holmes or Martin Shkreli?

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#20 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I've played Vermintide 2 with Thomas Middleditch (most famously Richard from Silicon Valley)

i'll just say we have a mutual friend

Don't think i've ever met a celebrity in person

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8780 Posts

My mom saw the Highlander from the TV show and pinched his ass. I, myself, have never encountered a celebrity.

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

Three comics ( Jim Jefferies, Dave Attell and Patton Oswalt); My friend met Earthquake - that is like my dream comic to meet lol and Dave Chappelle.

a couple of rappers - Jadakiss, Nas, Immortal Technique, Dizaster, Arsonal , Hollow Da Don and Papoose.

Two models - Erica Mena and Sophia Body.

Four athletes: Tito Ortiz (UFC Fighter), A Packers linebacker, Kevin Garnett and Jamal Anderson.

I never met an actor though, although I really want to :(

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17676 Posts

Grew up and used to live on Maui until a few years ago, a few celebrities have residency there.

I never met any directly, but I did see a few at distance in town and in the market on occasion. Most notable one was Oprah (she owns a large ranch in Upcountry, Keokea side that I’d pass by on my way to a friend’s house....she has a beautiful home and ranch), saw Danny Devito once at the beach (this dude is TINY), Carol Burnett (had a house Hana side). Also a few locally known celebrities. Laird Hamilton, legendary big wave rider (he was in the movie The Descendants), Brock Little, another surfing legend (RIP), and Shane Victorino, who was a few years behind me in school. Never talked to him but saw him around the halls. The Victorinos were a huge name in the community and sports, and that was prior to him playing professionally.

That’s about it.