uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59121 Posts

I liked that Mad Max movie, somehow it scored higher than Terminator 2, which is magic land thinking. Not reality. But it was ok.

This looks ok? Or feminisms gone amuck?

Does look abit CGI heavy. The OG Mad Max 2/3 had more of a natural grimy feel to them Fury Road lacked.

Excited? Might actually bother getting up to go to the cinema for once.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34696 Posts

First one was ok. Saw it once, and that was enough. Might watch this one at some point.

Can't say I'm excited and it will definitely not be worth the price of cinema tickets. At least not here where tickets are ~20 bucks.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 697 Posts

I think the actress is Ana Taylor joy, who is a bit weird looking when it comes to her eyes.

But who knows, maybe the movie will be good. Wait and see.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 uninspiredcup

@nirgal said:

I think the actress is Ana Taylor joy, who is a bit weird looking when it comes to her eyes.

She looks basically nothing like Charlize Theron if we're being honest. But she appeared to be caked in shit all over her face with fancy lighting so don't think it matters.

Quite liked this trailer itself, very meat and potatoes.

Forgot as well (along with 96% of the worlds population) there was a Mad Max game released about 7 odd years back.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1017 Posts

@nirgal said:

I think that's due to fetal alcohol syndrome.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8316 Posts

@uninspiredcup: the new one was good but nothing beats the original trilogy with Mel Gibson

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 uninspiredcup

@sargentd: Compared to many modern Western action movies Fury Road was a masterpiece. But I do think it's pretty overrated. Some assholes putting it above shit like Terminator 2 are just fucking delusional.

Like stated above, kind of the problem I have with it compared to the OGs (1/2/3) is that it's more stylized, looks like a comic book come to life, but at the same time, it's far more artificial feeling.

Like, this storm sequence is awesome, but I feel absolutely 0 tension because I know what I'm looking at is a computer game with real people in front of it.

Loading Video...

Like if you jump to stuff like 80/90s Hong Kong stuff, while it might not be as grandiose in a nature, alot of it rando streets and such, when people jumped out 3 floor windows landing on top of cars, or hung off cars, just generally really dangerous stuff, they done it for real. That to me is more exciting.

Not to say Fury Road doesn't have a lot of stunts, because it does. But the computery stuff, not big on.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1130 Posts

@nirgal said:

I read somewhere she was bullied over it

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 uninspiredcup

She reminds me of that alien from Mars Attack that pretends to be human.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1130 Posts

And it continues 🤷 but she's probably making enough 💰 not to give any 💩s

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 uninspiredcup

@girlusocrazy said:

And it continues 🤷 but she's probably making enough 💰 not to give any 💩s

Imagine if she herself was in a franchise that perpetuated the idea of ugly and/or deformed people being evil and physically beautiful people being good. And making 💰 from it.

Brave un stunning.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SargentD

@uninspiredcup said:

@sargentd: Compared to many modern Western action movies Fury Road was a masterpiece. But I do think it's pretty overrated. Some assholes putting it above shit like Terminator 2 are just fucking delusional.

Like stated above, kind of the problem I have with it compared to the OGs (1/2/3) is that it's more stylized, looks like a comic book come to life, but at the same time, it's far more artificial feeling.

Like, this storm sequence is awesome, but I feel absolutely 0 tension because I know what I'm looking at is a computer game with real people in front of it.

Loading Video...

Like if you jump to stuff like 80/90s Hong Kong stuff, while it might not be as grandiose in a nature, alot of it rando streets and such, when people jumped out 3 floor windows landing on top of cars, or hung off cars, just generally really dangerous stuff, they done it for real. That to me is more exciting.

Not to say Fury Road doesn't have a lot of stunts, because it does. But the computery stuff, not big on.

So true about that storm scene. I felt the same way. It's supposed to be this super epic storm.. but I felt nothing.. just way too much CGI.

I've been really picky when it comes to movies in the last 10 years.. I don't like much tbh and I big reason is how everything seems overly computerized and not organic. I liked Fury Road, but not for it's special effects, I thought they did a good job with the car chases, the fight scenes were pretty intense. The acting and story.. was just OK.

Everything from the originals was so raw, I love those movies. Modern movies have a hard time reaching the levels of that era. They just don't put the same amount of love into it. I think they lack creativity and vision.

Fury Road, even with the things it didn't do well, is still one of the better movies of the last 10 years, it's not a classic by any means, but it's a solid action movie, and it's entertaining to watch.

Loading Video...

Thought this fight scene was well done

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 697 Posts

@uninspiredcup: If you think about in, in most movies pretty people are the good guys and ugly (or uglier) people are the bad guys)

Hollywood cares little about non politically fashionable discrimination, but there is indeed a large income gap between good looking, average looking and bad looking people.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SargentD

I dont get this sequel, looks like all new characters, none of the same people from last one?? And the trailer looks very similar to the last one, is this a prequel to Fury rRoad?

And they really should get Mel Gibson as a cameo character in these

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1017 Posts

@sargentd said:
@uninspiredcup said:

@sargentd: Compared to many modern Western action movies Fury Road was a masterpiece.

Fury Road, even with the things it didn't do well, is still one of the better movies of the last 10 years, it's not a classic by any means, but it's a solid action movie, and it's entertaining to watch.

Disagrees, I consider it an all time classic and it's always in my top 10.

Mad Max: Fury Road - Rotten Tomatoes

List of accolades received by Mad Max: Fury Road - Wikipedia

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SargentD
@robertos said:
@sargentd said:
@uninspiredcup said:

@sargentd: Compared to many modern Western action movies Fury Road was a masterpiece.

It can't be counted as all time classic when original 3 movies better than it. It get most of its high acclaim due to to film In dustry making mainly garbage nowadays, easy to be at the top when everything that comes out sucks

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44621 Posts

I'll judge it when I see it. But I am okay with this casting decision for Anya Taylor Joy to play the character. I'd heard they were mulling over a Furiosa movie for years, guess they finally made it.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

The CGI looked waaaaaaaaaaaaay too heavy-handed, which is a shame because the practical effects of the last movie was great.

But...this has original director, and I love the franchise, so I have high hopes.

Wide-set-eyes Woman is also a very good actress, though this role seems very out of her usual deal. She was great in The VVitch and Queen's Gambit. Also did OK in that one Marvel movie, too, even though the movie was meh.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts
@sargentd said:
@robertos said:
@sargentd said:
@uninspiredcup said:

It can't be counted as all time classic when original 3 movies better than it. It get most of its high acclaim due to to film In dustry making mainly garbage nowadays, easy to be at the top when everything that comes out sucks

The original movies were fun but they are very hard to take serious in this day and age.

I mean...Tina Turner? Really?

They're staples of my childhood and will always hold a special place in my heart, but Fury Road is hands down superior to them all.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SargentD
@mrbojangles25 said:
@sargentd said:
@robertos said:
@sargentd said:

The original movies were fun but they are very hard to take serious in this day and age.

I mean...Tina Turner? Really?

They're staples of my childhood and will always hold a special place in my heart, but Fury Road is hands down superior to them all.

This is extremely wrong, and yes, thunderdome with Tina Turner , the weakest of the og trilogy, still a better watch than Fury

Road warrior still my favorite but thunderdome underrated, master blaster and barter town were cool as shit, had cool fallout vibes.

Saw Fury Road in theaters and enjoyed it, but don't like it as much as og ones

Loading Video...
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 uninspiredcup

With Sarge of this one, happily take the first 3 movies over Fury Road.

3 has Tina Turner, yea. But it has a grander scale than Mad Max 2, without CGI overload stuff. It's a weaker movie, but still enjoyable.

Not shitting on Fury Road or anything, did enjoy it also and looking forward to this. Just not "wow gee" Jesus level stuff for me.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2463 Posts

Should have casted a child. Anya Taylor-Joy is only thirteen years younger than Charlize Theron was in Fury Road. Their characters are almost in the same age group.

Not watching the trailer. Trailers bore me. Will watch the movie anyway.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56268 Posts

(Copy/Paste what I said on X)

Missed the opportunity to title this movie "The Fast And Furiosa" it would have been dope.

Anyway, contrary to what a lot of people think there was a lot of CGI in Fury Road, but it was mostly for the background and it was pretty much seamless. In this trailer for some of the shots, I agree it was obvious that there was more CGI but I hope by the time it comes out the whole thing is polished. While they did a lot of practical in Fury Road, it was still like 99% CGI. Fury Road was a great movie I enjoy, this one looks low-budget and could have been a mini-series for Max app IMO, but could still be a good time considering the setting so hopefully the theater crowd is there to support Furiosa.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1407 Posts

A mad max saga. Does that mean Mad Max will be even less in this movie than in the other one? Oh... Mad Max won't show up at all in this one.

Todays cinema, it looks so clean. Visually, particalaraallyllyl clean.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8781 Posts

I'm hyped. Fury Road was great. The CGI didn't bother me. I love the first trilogy too. I'd rank Fury Road over Beyond the Thunderdome. Though like I said, I like them all.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#26 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19617 Posts
@nirgal said:

Well, Anya Taylor Joy played Princess Peach in the Mario movie. Her big anime eyes would a suit live-action Peach. But her look doesn't really suit the Mad Max heroine.

Unpopular opinion: I hated the Fury Road movie. That movie bored me to sleep at the cinema. I wouldn't expect this to be any better.