DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8781 Posts

Can you think of any theme parks you would enjoy in the future?

I was thinking they could take all the rundown malls and make them into zombie apocalypse theme parks. It would have the latest in tag technology. The zombies being holograms.

The other one I was thinking of would be a Dungeons and Dragons theme park. They could have live-action role playing games with amazing backdrops and scenery. They could also have that ride from the 80's D&D cartoon.

What say you?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

Theme parks were never a big thing for me growing up. We went camping instead, which was a lot of fun.

With that said, I'd love to see a theme park that does the end of the world or the apocolypse. Can make it seasonal.

• Zombie takeover for fall/ Dead leaves, dead...undead. BRAINS!
  • Alien invasion during spring. Make it like a 1950's sci-fi film. "Oooh it's the spring time, get ready for the peach blossoms Pleasantville....oh no aliens are invading!"
  • Nuclear winter (ooooh for Christmas/Winter season). "Hope you all bought your loved ones your gifts. Wait, report coming in...the breakaway state of _ has launched a nuclear attack OH NO *STATIC*"
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59121 Posts

Playing Rollercoaster Tycoon it was always difficult to resist making them deliberately unfinished.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DEVILinIRON

@uninspiredcup said:

Playing Rollercoaster Tycoon it was always difficult to resist making them deliberately unfinished.

If you're going to go, do it in style I suppose. One rides tagline could be "The ride of your life! And death!" Another possibly being, "Beyond the beyond!" Finally, "Till death do you part!"

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

I want a Mechwarrior themed park.

More like a weeklong resort that would treat you (within reason) as an incoming recruit attending Mech training. There’d be daily coursework to learn the systems and procedures, and training sessions in pods similar to professional flight simulators (big, lumbering mechs like Mech Warrior 2 and Steel Battalion) that’d pit you against instructors and fellow students.

Then the final day would be an emergency scramble to stations to repel an invasion. There’d be a hanger with prop mechs built whose cockpits would enclose and be hydraulically actuated. A full on roleplaying experience.

Eh, I can dream.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

More like a weeklong resort that would treat you (within reason) as an incoming recruit attending Mech training. There’d be daily coursework to learn the systems and procedures, and training sessions in pods similar to professional flight simulators (big, lumbering mechs like Mech Warrior 2 and Steel Battalion) that’d pit you against instructors and fellow students.

Then the final day would be an emergency scramble to stations to repel an invasion. There’d be a hanger with prop mechs built whose cockpits would enclose and be hydraulically actuated. A full on roleplaying experience.

Eh, I can dream.

Were you around for "Virtuaworld"? It was a franchise I want to say in the 90's or so with virtual reality booths, simpits, and an arcade. Anyway, they were heavily themed after Mechwarrior and had Mechwarrior 2 simpits where you got inside and had LAN parties with dual-stick setups and a cockpit and everything.

They had a giant Madcat model in the lobby, too, and everything was themed after sci-fi with like sci-fi doors and lighting and they made it look like you were on a jumpship or whatever.

So I definitely agree with you it'd be dope as hell to have an entire theme park.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Eh, I can dream.

Were you around for "Virtuaworld"? It was a franchise I want to say in the 90's or so with virtual reality booths, simpits, and an arcade. Anyway, they were heavily themed after Mechwarrior and had Mechwarrior 2 simpits where you got inside and had LAN parties with dual-stick setups and a cockpit and everything.

They had a giant Madcat model in the lobby, too, and everything was themed after sci-fi with like sci-fi doors and lighting and they made it look like you were on a jumpship or whatever.

So I definitely agree with you it'd be dope as hell to have an entire theme park.

That sounds familiar, but I believe I saw an ad maybe?

I remember once a VR stand at the local arcade (this was way back in the 90s also), I think it was from Sega. Big, yellow, bulky, and you stood on a platform with a ring around your waist to prevent falls and held a device with a large button. It was incredibly rudimentary (just basic blocks and geometric shapes).

Could’ve been part of Virtuaworld but no mech setup as I remember. I lived in a pretty obscure place though, so the most advanced setups weren’t really there.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#8 LuxuryHeart  Online
Member since 2017 • 1892 Posts

I'd like a candy land theme park. Candy Land was my favorite board game growing up, because I loved fantasizing about being in a world of dessert. I still fantasize about it to a certain extent.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DEVILinIRON

@luxuryheart said:

I'd like a candy land theme park. Candy Land was my favorite board game growing up, because I loved fantasizing about being in a world of dessert. I still fantasize about it to a certain extent.

Good one. I'm surprised no-one has actually made one like that yet.