Have you ever demanded to talk to the store manager?

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Poll Have you ever demanded to talk to the store manager? (25 votes)

No 80%
Yes 20%

I have never in my entire life ever encountered a problem where I demanded to talk to the manager.

I’ve seen a few people make a scene and scream about talking to the manager and I’ve always wondered if those people have any self awareness at all.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

No, but I should of some wacko lady cashier told me to smile.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4252 Posts

@warmblur: how dare she!!! She must think people have 0 issues these days.

No. Not personally.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3491 Posts

Nope. I've never been in that situation before. But my parents own a shop and you get some cheeky cunts demanding a refund and asking for the manager. 100% of the time when you pick up the phone and pretend to call the police, those cunts walk away.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

No, I typically am able to resolve my issue with a smile and polite request. You’d be amazed how far being friendly can get you, as oftentimes people construe innocent mistakes as mal-intent and take it personally.

Though I once went to a Red Robin to get takeout for dinner, got home only to discover my burger was literally two bare buns and a rotten piece of chicken looked to be taken out of the garbage, with nothing else. I had to drive back 20 minutes through rush hour traffic, and yes, I gave the manager an ear full as this was obviously intentional. I got a new burger and compensation for one more future meal. Thinking back, there was this young black kid back in the kitchen giving me serious hostile vibes, and I suspect it was him who saw me ordering. Don‘t go there anymore to get take out unless I call first.

Only time I’ve asked for a manager I can recall.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38684 Posts

not in store but over the phone. i had a problem a few years ago where my refrigerator died. this is obviously a very difficult situation to deal with especially with 2 young kids. anyway, instead of LG sending their own people out to repair, they contracted it out through this absolutely shit company called a&e factory service.

the scheduling was terrible, first possible appt. was like 14 days from the time i called. so right off the bat i have to deal with no fridge for 2 weeks ( ended up buying a small mini-fridge to get by with bare essentials for the kids )

appointment FINALLY arrives and tech shows up for 5 minutes and determines a new compressor is needed so they'll order it and then come back. so i'm scheduled for ANOTHER 14 days for when the tech can come out and do the repair.

2 weeks pass and LG sent me the replacement parts for the tech and the guy shows up but he's an idiot and actually broke something on the fridge when he installed the new compressor. tech was convinced he fixed the problem but he caused a slow coolant leak so the fridge appeared to be working for like a day then stopped again as all the refrigerant leaked out and evaporated.

i call a&e again and they order more parts and i'm back in the wait queue again, 10 more days. finally the day rolls around but the guy never shows up, no idea why. i call them and they say maybe the guy can make it the next day. next day rolls around and he never shows up so i call again. at this point i've been without a full size fridge for nearly 2 months and my patience is wearing thin. i wanted the tech out asap to do the repair they should have done weeks ago. the shithead on the phone says they have to put me back in the schedule queue and it'll be like 14-17 more days minimum. i fucking lost it. i was swearing at the guy like what kind of stupid fucking scheduling system do you have where if your tech misses an appt. you get bumped back to the end of the goddamn queue. i ask to speak to their supervisor about it and explain the whole situation and they basically said they can make it a priority and it'll be like 3 more days so i say fine.

in parallel to all this i'm on LG's facebook page ranting about how shit the product is after spending $3K on a fridge to have it die 2 years later etc... so someone from LG contacted me and they literally sent their own tech out the next fucking day and fixed it.

called a&e and told them to **** off and cancelled the appointment.

shit company.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#6 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Nope-o-rama.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9581 Posts

I guess I'm the only one here that has... everyone I know has at one point or the other. Then again maybe I'm just getting old. Some people are just incompetent or don't know the answer to a simple question. I have had to ask for the manager on more than one occasion when the employee doesn't know how to handle a situation.. mostly due to a return, extended warranty, or honoring a price online/from a competitor. Recently though? Probably not in the last couple/few years since I do a LOT more shopping online these days.. lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@outworld222 said:

No. Not personally.

When that happen to me I told her I don't smile I should of told her to mind her damn business I felt like Larry David in this scene.

Loading Video...

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

I have but its to give an employee a compliment on their service

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58424 Posts

Yes, and my name is Karen.

No.

I find that getting angry gives the other person too much power and leverage; staying calm might not be as immediately satisfying (lord knows I'd like to yell at some people) but in the long run it is better for your mental health.

Also I think sometimes people are scared of me? I am kind of physically intimidating due to my size. I think maybe sometimes people might be nicer to me so I don't ask for the manager? I might just be paranoid though, pretty self conscious about that.

@warmblur said:
@outworld222 said:

No. Not personally.

When that happen to me I told her I don't smile I should of told her to mind her damn business I felt like Larry David in this scene.

Loading Video...

Hahaha oh man, totally this.

I have "resting bitch face" though I guess on men it might be resting scowl face or resting asshole face? Especially when I wear my mask and people can't see the half-smile I give them when we make eye contact or greeting eachother. All they see is...

...the scowl. Eyes of hatred!

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

No, but a lot of people have demanded to talk to my manager. It's typically when I refuse to sell sedatives or antibiotics without prescription, which a lot of pharmacists do in my country, and with me being so tiny and quiet it really pisses them off that they can't scare me into it. If I actually make a mistake I tell the manager myself.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3491 Posts

@warmblur said:

Wow... she's taking the piss.

I would have said, "Smile? Not to you, love."

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

No.

But I have dealt w/ store managers after the person me couldn't assist any further.

I have requested to speak to a supervisor when dealing with phone customer service or IT stuff occasionally.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@omegamaster said:
@warmblur said:

Wow... she's taking the piss.

I would have said, "Smile? Not to you, love."

lol

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44631 Posts

Maybe, not that I recall. Typically ask for manager intervention in circumstances outside the power of a lower level employee. Always best in those circumstances to be civil and articulate the issue calmly and that's just not going to happen making a scene.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

No, majority don't.

Most customers when happy will just leave and depending on how serious their issue was never return to that place again

I learnt this when I was in a customer service facing role management role, it was drilled into us as a way to embrace customer complaints positively