How important is your partner’s physical attractiveness?

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By GalvatronType_R

Poll How important is your partner’s physical attractiveness? (19 votes)

3 0%
7 37%
9 5%
2 0%
1 - that’s what paper bags with eye holes are for 0%
6 11%
4 5%
10 - they need to look like a Victoria’s Secret/GQ model 16%
5 16%
8 11%

I’ve tried dating women I’m not physically attracted to. Despite their great personalities and sharing a lot in common, I feel no spark with them and it doesn’t work out.

I’m a pretty hot dude. I need a female equivalent. Put me down for a 9.

• 
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#1 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts

Personality is really attractive to me, but physical appearance is as well.

I'm not very traditional though, I like female weightlifters (not body scuplters, just women who like to lift weights). A nice thicc woman with a healthy appearance is about as much as I need.

Brains, sense of humor, and humility take it the rest of the way.

So honestly my rating is pretty broad, anywhere from a 4-10. There's not a lot I find unattractive, mostly just poor hygiene, bad teeth, bad skin, etc.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

5. I really can only date gamers, as that is legit THE thing I like to do. So if a dude likes Tacos and video games and DOES NOT SMOKE, that is what is most important. Good looks are a bonus, not a requirement.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1352 Posts

I’ve only ever dated or hooked up with good looking girls, health and fitness are important to me and that generally leads itself to good looking appearances. I try to maintain my appearance as well so it’s certainly not one sided.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8782 Posts

I have dated the gamut. It's all good 👍

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7333 Posts

I wouldn't say looks don't matter, but they are not a high priority. Once had a girlfriend who wasn't that attractive, but I loved her all the same.

My wife is hot though, but was mostly luck. She initiated the relationship.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mrbojangles25

@judaspete said:

I wouldn't say looks don't matter, but they are not a high priority. Once had a girlfriend who wasn't that attractive, but I loved her all the same.

My wife is hot though, but was mostly luck. She initiated the relationship.

Women that initiate are super attractive.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

5 i like someone that has the same interest like me video games

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18805 Posts

@mrbojangles25: "Women that initiate are super attractive."

It is appealing.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

I think it's about what you find attractive, who cares. Similar interests are important too.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8317 Posts

If this is your partner, someone your dating, atleast 7.

If your dating someone and in your head you see this person physically as a 4... It's not going to last. People say looks don't matter.. but come on if you see the other person as a 4.. and going to bed together.. nah

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3455 Posts

I'm much more of a personality guy, I can easily fall in "love" for certain psychological types but the person needs to be active and fit, I could never be with a lazy fatass. Don't need to be drop dead gorgeous, a no make-up 7 will do. Yeah, I just hate too much make up. I don't need the insecurity nor the loss of time to paint a new face. Also, she must not be a heavy drinker but it helps if she's into occasionally experimenting with drugs. And a foodie!

Basically you need to be my wife. The right mix of personality, fitness, intelligence and looks.

On a pure physical level and me being honest and shallow. If she has a nice fit ass and is into ass play then I'm in. 🤣 But I'm not in that game for many years now. I'm happily married.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#13 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3658 Posts

A women who is a 7 would do fine for me, I actually knew a girl who was a 7 and she didn't need makeup as she looked simple like the girl next door type. She had glasses which is a huge turn on for me as I wear glasses. She was skinny and looked like she never ate which seemed weird though I understand women wanting to not gain weight. I myself was skinny at the time though not skinny as her maybe a little bit body fat. She not into drinking, smoking and eating healthy would-be a plus for me.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#14 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59166 Posts

This woman's mid, but she can cook and she's Asian.

Loading Video...

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

The attraction is what catches your, and their, interest. The person behind that is what keeps you, and them, in the relationship.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127518 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

I'm not very traditional though, I like female weightlifters (not body scuplters, just women who like to lift weights). A nice thicc woman with a healthy appearance is about as much as I need.

So honestly my rating is pretty broad, anywhere from a 4-10. There's not a lot I find unattractive, mostly just poor hygiene, bad teeth, bad skin, etc.

Oh girls who lifts are super hot. Legs, ass and back on someone who you can tell does weightlifting is so appealing. Jessica Buettner and Amanda Lawrence are attractive, or is that pushing it to far?

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 3112 Posts

A few thangs.

Anyone who claims that looks matter very little or not at all are straight up lying (especially men who claim that). Most women will not date a dude who looks like Brendan Fraser from the Whale. Most men do not want to date overweight slobby women (not even the overweight slobby men which make them huge hypocrites).

There is nothing wrong with having physical preferences. Physical attraction must be present for me. Me not wanting to date overweight slobby women does not mean that I hate them, it just means I won’t consider dating them. And there is nothing wrong with women rejecting fat slobby men. If an unkempt man with no sense of style or panache meets a hot 9 or 10 who won’t date him, that’s his fault not hers.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mrbojangles25
@GalvatronType_R said:

A few thangs.

Anyone who claims that looks matter very little or not at all are straight up lying (especially men who claim that). Most women will not date a dude who looks like Brendan Fraser from the Whale. Most men do not want to date overweight slobby women (not even the overweight slobby men which make them huge hypocrites).

There is nothing wrong with having physical preferences. Physical attraction must be present for me. Me not wanting to date overweight slobby women does not mean that I hate them, it just means I won’t consider dating them. And there is nothing wrong with women rejecting fat slobby men. If an unkempt man with no sense of style or panache meets a hot 9 or 10 who won’t date him, that’s his fault not hers.

You are correct that there is nothing wrong with having physical preferences. People assume because I dislike blondes (or rather, prefer non-blondes) I think blondes are stupid and that's just not true; it's just my preference. Or if I prefer Asian women, I'm somehow fetishizing a race, when really I just find them more attractive than white women.

It's just my preference, don't read too much into it. I can't explain it. Does liking vanilla more than chocolate mean anything? No!

If I find a blonde white woman I like I'm not going to be "No, I can't date you, you're white and blonde. It doesn't matter how cool you are."

I think the fault with your argument is that it is a little too absolute. Most people don't function on a simple "if you're less than a '5' then I won't date you". There are certain characteristics they find appealing/unappealing, certain things they're willing to overlook/not overlook.

If someone is a 10 but racist, that's hopefully a dealbreaker for you. Conversely, if someone is a 3 but one of the kindest souls you've ever met, you might overlook their bad teeth. And if someone is a billionaire and a 1, well, time to see just what your standards are worth 😋

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mrbojangles25
@horgen said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Oh girls who lifts are super hot. Legs, ass and back on someone who you can tell does weightlifting is so appealing. Jessica Buettner and Amanda Lawrence are attractive, or is that pushing it to far?

Oh no, super attractive. My Instagram algorithm pumps my feed full of ladies like that.

My limit is the shredded bodybuilder. I can appreciate the work that goes into that but a body fat % that low isn't appealing to me from an attractiveness perspective.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3491 Posts

Physical attraction is important, but so is personality and their character.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44624 Posts

Would it matter if you were blind? 🤔

Loading Video...

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

Yes, appearances matter. I don’t need a super model, but she absolutely needs to take consideration to her looks.

I’ve always for some reason had the morbidly obese chicks come after me, the 300+ pounders, and while I don’t judge them as a person for their weight struggles (as I believe some are just cursed with lethargic metabolisms), it simply won’t work on any intimate level. I need to be attracted to someone physically if I have any care to become their partner. I appreciate a woman’s curves, and I desire them. Overweight is unsightly, it affects hygiene. It’s a turn off.

Unfortunately, no women seem to be attracted to me, and I’ve given up trying to find out why. Just the way I come off, I guess. I have pretty much resigned myself to a life of loneliness. Some guys have what females are interested in, and some guys don’t. I’m in the latter category.