How much has your sleeping pattern changed over the years?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

It seems the older I have gotten the more I enjoy sleep I remember in my late teens and early 20's I would stay up to 2 am and in the early 00's I found myself slowing going to bed earlier year after year and right now in my late 30's I go to bed around quarter to 10. What about you? how much has your sleeping pattern changed over the years?

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#2 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

These days I go to bed at the latest...11pm. I enjoy sleep & waking up early. I think there's something very therapeutic about waking up with the sun.

I remember back in early 2017 I wasn't doing much & my sleeping pattern was very jacked up. I'd go to bed at 9/10 in the morning & wake up at around 6 at night, sometimes even later. This went on for 2 months then I finally was able to stay up for more than 24 hours which fixed the problem completely. I don't think it could ever become that bad again.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Been pretty much getting up before 8 since I can remember.

Before I had my last kid I would go to be around 10, but she doesn't seem to require the same amount of sleep as a normal 4 year old and doesn't go to bed till 11. Doctor said some kids just don't need as much as sleep as others.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts

@warmblur said:

It seems the older I have gotten the more I enjoy sleep

Same here. I actually look forward to my first day off of the week because I don't have to set an alarm. I'm at work at 5AM so I usually wake up at 4:15 to get ready. So sleeping in to 7 AM is kind of a big deal to me, and it's still early as hell for most people.

Now I am in bed by 8 PM every night. I have a CPAP machine (to help with sleep apnea) and honestly it's probably the best thing have done for my physical health; I feel so rested when I wake up, I don't know how I got through the day before it. If you snore or don't sleep well, go get a sleep study done, I cannot encourage you enough.

Also for every hour before midnight you go to sleep, it counts as 1.5 hours of rest. You don't have to go to bed super early but going to bed at, say, 11PM instead of 1 AM makes a huge difference.

TL;DR: I went from a typical young person sleep schedule of "sleep when you need it, caffeinate if you have stuff to do" to a very adult, regimented sleep schedule.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14816 Posts

I still go to bed pretty late, considering I have to be up early at times. I'm married, and have been for 3 years, and my wife moves around a lot and takes up more than half the bed at times, which is uncomfortable. We need a king-size bed. I also use a CPAP machine because I have severe sleep apnea. It was the wife that told me to go the doctor about my snoring too, saved my life. I guess it evens out. Even on days off I don't get to sleep in that much, so I've been getting less hours of sleep in general.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38684 Posts

since having kids it's been shit. the kids have been great sleepers but the only time i feel like i have to myself anymore is late at night after they've gone to sleep and i can relax. the result is i tend to stay up pretty late rather than taking the time to get some sleep. i'd rather have the awake time to myself rather than an hour or two of extra sleep. i know it's not a healthy choice. maybe i'll smarten up one of these days.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127518 Posts

@comp_atkins said:

since having kids it's been shit. the kids have been great sleepers but the only time i feel like i have to myself anymore is late at night after they've gone to sleep and i can relax. the result is i tend to stay up pretty late rather than taking the time to get some sleep. i'd rather have the awake time to myself rather than an hour or two of extra sleep. i know it's not a healthy choice. maybe i'll smarten up one of these days.

Except when he was a toddler, I never really had that problem with my kid waking me up.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#8 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

I don't sleep as late as I used to.

bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#9  Edited By bgres077
Member since 2005 • 12694 Posts

In bed by 11pm, up at 5:45am to hit the gym before work. I get up a lot earlier than I used to but go to bed around the same time.

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#10 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

From sleeping during the day because I worked overnight to sleeping normally to sleeping 2-3 hours and being able to function throughout the day. 2-3 hours and I'm good.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

I try to sleep as much as I can as I don't much care to be conscious most of the time as I'm Bipolar and consciousness is a continual unpredictable mindf**k I'm just tired of enduring at this point. I also suffer from insomnia (think due to my meds largely) and usually fall asleep at 6-7 a.m and wake up from anywhere around 12 or 3 p.m. Then usually I'll crash at around 7-8 p.m. from drunkenness and wake up and read/watch TV until I drift off again at 6-7.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I still go to bed past 12am.

Hasn't really changed. If it's before 12am then I must have exhausted myself with something.

I get about 5-6 hrs a day on a busy week. 7-9 hrs on a day off. I've always had trouble sleeping since as long as I could remember.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#13 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15954 Posts

I still goes to bed past 12 and wake up around 7am for work. 8 or 9am on weekend.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts
@MirkoS77 said:

I try to sleep as much as I can as I don't much care to be conscious most of the time as I'm Bipolar and consciousness is a continual unpredictable mindf**k I'm just tired of enduring at this point. I also suffer from insomnia (think due to my meds largely) and usually fall asleep at 6-7 a.m and wake up from anywhere around 12 or 3 p.m. Then usually I'll crash at around 7-8 p.m. from drunkenness and wake up and read/watch TV until I drift off again at 6-7.

This is what I do sometimes too. Sleep during the day and wake up during sunset. I have insomnia too and watch sleeping videos to go to sleep. I make sure to turn off blue light whenever I can.