Jon Stewart's "The Problem" (Apple TV+) canceled due to Stewart wanting to cover China, AI

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

CNN

-Stewart wanted to cover China, AI, and Israel, but Apple would not allow it.

-China is Apple's growing market

-Apple claimed they gave creative control to Stewart, but Stewart mentions production frustrations

Oh dear. I guess Daily Show is still looking for a new host. But. Yeah, damn. Shame on Apple.

The Problem gave us THIS moment, just as a side note.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

Damn, not even trying to hide it.

I really enjoy The Problem with Jon Stewart, he has only gotten better with age and I've been watching his work for what feels like decades at this point.

All the way to his Half-Baked days...

Loading Video...

Rewgle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 Rewgle
Member since 2022 • 410 Posts

I never subscribed to Apple TV +, so I never got the chance to watch this show. But I probably would have checked it out were it on HBO or Hulu or something.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44621 Posts

Oh, it's Sean Penn all over again.

Too bad he won't be able to leave the terms of his contract, I just assume, would be nice he went elsewhere and started and ended every segment with "🖕😡🖕F U 🍎!!", but given Justin Long still seems beholden to the terms of his decades old marketing deals, you never see him in movies with computers other than Macs prominently in view around him, but perhaps John Stewart has more conviction to not be played like a sucker

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44621 Posts

@rewgle: I had a free year, there was some decent stuff there, I maybe paid for 2 months so far because the recurring billing is so minimal it isn't worth the trouble yet, plus with 4th season of For All Mankind nearing, I'll wait just a little longer

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

Honestly, he should just take his show somewhere else. Unless he signed a non-compete clause, I think any network would be happy to have him.

I mostly just listened to The Problem podcast and watched a bit of the show. I loved the podcast, he hired veterans to staff his show and some of them were on the podcast, and it was always neat hearing their insights about burn pits and corporate bullshit and what they had to deal with.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7326 Posts

That's a bummer, but like bojangles said, he will probably pop up elsewhere. Like it or not, Apple, those are hot topics of conversation.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts
@judaspete said:

That's a bummer, but like bojangles said, he will probably pop up elsewhere. Like it or not, Apple, those are hot topics of conversation.

Not too many industries want to antagonize China though. Movies and basketball are sanitized as well.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14815 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@judaspete said:

Not to many industries want to antagonize China though. Movies and basketball are sanitized as well.

And in the video game industry too.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3449 Posts

It's fucked up where capitalism is leading us.

Maybe Spotify could be a good option for him since YouTube was probably going to **** his algorithm into oblivion.