uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59121 Posts

My computer chair snapped last week, lasted a good 4 years though so no complaints, done its job for something cheap.

Looking for a new one at the moment in the £100 price range (127.35 USD), I was about to pick up this, but reading some takes apparently racing chairs are more a gimmick than a good chair to use. People really seem to dislike them.

Prefer to get one that leans back with a foot rest for watching bluerays and stuff.

Any help would be appreciated.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts

IKEA got nothing in that price range?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By uninspiredcup

@horgen said:

IKEA got nothing in that price range?

I've legit never used IKEA.

Rather just order it off Ebay or Amazon.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

I got a DXRacer. It was expensive, but given that gaming is one of my main hobbies and they were one of the few places making a chair for larger dudes, it seems like a no brainer.

Very good investment. Very comfortable, good support, and hasn't broken yet (I'd have broken like two chairs probably at this point).

Padding could be a bit softer, that's my only complaint.

Swear to god though I think I'm just going to get like a recliner or LAZboy next time.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56268 Posts

Try one of these E-Win gaming chairs from Amazon: E-Win gaming chair

Some of those chairs have good reviews, but do not buy the one's that cost over $100, $99 and below is good enough for the quality you are paying and like I said, some of the reviews are good. I paid only $90 for the Bigzzia on BF last year. Never settle for less, but never pay over those ridiculous prices. $99 is the sweet spot so check them out Cup.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 uninspiredcup

@mrbojangles25 said:

I got a DXRacer. It was expensive, but given that gaming is one of my main hobbies and they were one of the few places making a chair for larger dudes, it seems like a no brainer.

Very good investment. Very comfortable, good support, and hasn't broken yet (I'd have broken like two chairs probably at this point).

Padding could be a bit softer, that's my only complaint.

Swear to god though I think I'm just going to get like a recliner or LAZboy next time.

@davillain said:

Try one of these E-Win gaming chairs from Amazon: E-Win gaming chair

Some of those chairs have good reviews, but do not buy the one's that cost over $100, $99 and below is good enough for the quality you are paying and like I said, some of the reviews are good. I paid only $90 for the Bigzzia on BF last year. Never settle for less, but never pay over those ridiculous prices. $99 is the sweet spot so check them out Cup.

Thanks chaps.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7  Edited By Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34694 Posts

I'm not going to be of any help, but I think gaming chairs isn't a very good investment. Heard too much crap about them. Office chairs seem to be much better for sitting a long time comfortably.

@mrbojangles25 said:

Since you mentioned LAZboy, was wondering if they made computer/office chairs, and they apparently do.

Looks awesome, imo. No foot rest though.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By uninspiredcup

This is similar to the one had before, and was great. Best chair ever had.

The one using atm temp is a cheap racing chair and it is uncomfy as all ****. Might just be down the cheapness of it though. Almost no padding, very hard.

@Litchie said:

puter/office chairs, and they apparently do.

Looks awesome, imo. No foot rest though.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 uninspiredcup

This is very cheap.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Panana-Durable-Executive-Computer-Adjustable/dp/B08HD1K7G5/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8&th=1

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Herman Miller. Priortise your health-

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 uninspiredcup

@Mozelleple112: Way, way way out of my price range.

adrian1480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12  Edited By adrian1480
Member since 2003 • 15033 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

Consider increasing your price range a little and getting a used Herman Miller. These are often very easy to find from businesses that have gone out of business and sold their office furniture. Check for local business that specialize in reselling that kind of merch.

I got a Herman Miller for a fraction of the asking price 4 or 5 years ago and I'm sitting in it right now. It's been amazing. Got it for idunno maybe $200-300 USD. Compare with a full price of about $1,300 for my current configuration.

It's worth saving a little more.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 uninspiredcup

@adrian1480 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Consider increasing your price range a little and getting a used Herman Miller. These are often very easy to find from businesses that have gone out of business and sold their office furniture. Check for local business that specialize in reselling that kind of merch.

I got a Herman Miller for a fraction of the asking price 4 or 5 years ago and I'm sitting in it right now. It's been amazing. Got it for idunno maybe $200-300 USD. Compare with a full price of about $1,300 for my current configuration.

It's worth saving a little more.

Thanks for the info, but ultimately decided to pick this up.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08HD1K7G5/ref=sw_img_1?smid=AEDUHLMG9UWU7&psc=1

If it's crap it's crap. It's cheap, so not expecting next level stuff. Made sure it wasn't a racing chair and it has some upgrade options can get later.

Seriously, some of these videos make out racing chairs were invented by Satan.

Loading Video...