Reiko700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Reiko700
Member since 2023 • 9 Posts

What are your moral choices in games? Do you prefer good or evil in them? Are you somewhere in between or definitely on either side? Usually we choose both, but did it happen to any of you to pass the game only on one moral side? I usually choose good, but evil in games is even more tempting. It's fun to kick someone's ass sometimes.

Tell us about your adventures

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

Moral choices are not really choices for me. And that's why games don't have as much replay value for me sometimes. I just couldn't blow up Megaton in FO3, or side with that pig Dijkstra in TW3, or with Caesar's Legion in FNV.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

That's completely contextual, just like life, I can't claim I'd be bad or good in any situation, as some choices that could be construed as "bad", could actually have certain benefits, and vice versa.

For the most part, I try to play it in the middle. Though it was fun at the end of KOTOR to take the bad path.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

I used to make evil characters when I was younger but honestly with how prevalent anti-heroes are these days, how common the flawed hero (the corrupt cop that bends the law to make justice, the vigilante, etc) it's actually more fun for me now to make good characters and choices.

I'm also a much happier person now than in the past so I'm sure that reflects in my games as well.

Playing Baldur's Gate 3 right now and I'm making nothing but positive choices as a happy go lucky bard. It's so much fun.

Evil is still a lot of fun, though. I just don't like being, you know, an asshole. Like I will kill people in a game, but I'm not going to financially ruin them or torture them or anything like that.

@MirkoS77 said:

That's completely contextual, just like life, I can't claim I'd be bad or good in any situation, as some choices that could be construed as "bad", could actually have certain benefits, and vice versa.

For the most part, I try to play it in the middle. Though it was fun at the end of KOTOR to take the bad path.

I was reading an article about a guy that was visiting Jordan. I guess he was out at lunch and witnessed a man beat his wife, and that is completely legal to do in Jordan. This guy get's up a proceeds to beat the crap out of the husband, says the wife was begging him to stop beating her husband, who just finished beating her.

Anyway this guy get's arrested and the husband (the wife beater) is allowed to press charges.

Now, part of me says that is wrong, it's not about "respecting culture" and stuff like that. But at the very least it's a good study on just how relative morals are and how if you're raised in a society where it's OK to beat your wife, and someone beats you up when you do so, you're the victim.

I like it when games kind of go into that territory. I remember in KOTOR 2 early on in Nar Shadaa you have a choice to give a homeless person some help and it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation because Kreia (or whatever the old lady's name is) lectures you about either making people victims (if you helped them) or being needlessly cruel (if you don't) and perpetuating that cruelty.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts

I saved the girls in Bioshock.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

I tend to roleplay as... myself in video games or put myself in the protagonist's shoes so most of the time I choose the "good" path. Because I'm a nice person in real life. :)

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7326 Posts

I mostly play as good. Don't really enjoy being an asshole in video games, however, I do often play as a jerk in D&D. If among friends who know it's all in good fun.

Drifter1924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 Drifter1924
Member since 2023 • 79 Posts

Depends on the character I play as honestly, play with him as I see fits. But mostly I play good.... Unless...

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#9 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19617 Posts

I prefer morally grey choices. Sometimes, good intentions can lead to bad consequences and bad intentions can lead to good consequences.