Temperature Check: Congress's UFO hearings were...?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44618 Posts

What'd you think?

I frankly think it is troubling and embarrassing that a body of our nations top political representatives would humor a bunch if grifters, but then again the bar has been lowered so much with respect to humoring outlandish tinfoil dribble that it wouldn't surprise me if Jim Jodran had Dennis Rodman testify that Hunter Biden killed Simead O'Connor on orders of the Pope.

One witness testifies just weeks ago that he had no direct evidence but came to believe what he did based on numerous third party hearsay accountings, and the other said he saw them on a daily basis for nearly a year but has no evidence to back up the claim. There was even the claim the US had recovered alien bodies. Oh boy.

Regardless of whether it's true or not, the implications are serious. Either they're telling the truth (doubt that) but if they were it would be explosive. On the other hand, if they're full of shit, in which case that would be troubling they'd be given a microphone to espouse utter nonsense which frankly sounds like it was gathered off the internet. I think I speak for everyone society at large really doesn't need any more crazy in their lives.

The one guy sounds like he's alluding to Haim Eshed, an Israeli security contractor whose often has his bonafides given a red carpet treatment because he not only declares UFOs exist but goes an extra step to build the narrative that we've entered a contract with them and that there's a galactic federation and aliens are waiting for our evolution before we can join.

The other guy who claims to seen them daily but has no video evidence, Ryan whathisface, the one who said he saw the football field size UFO made of cubes, I've seen him as a constant presence commenting on the validity of other videos, like the tic-tac encounter where a pilot supposedly chased a UFO that outmaneuvered him... well, funny thing is I've watch breakdowns of that video that use the data in the video to reconstruct which actually happened and they give far difference accounts than the pilots do, for instance (go to 21:30 here):

...in short, he doesn't change his heading or speed and an airplane off in the distance crosses his field of view and the supposed fancy maneuvering is really the camera shaking trying to reacquire the target.

I think this whole fiasco is stupid and people are so easy to work up off pure bullshit, but that's just me, perhaps one of you can reinvigorate my confidence in humanity with a fresh or interesting take.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8313 Posts

Big Distraction

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58413 Posts

It's the end of disclosure, folks. They're gonna wage war on us from the moon! Fantasy invasion from the sky! The government has been sending a trillion dollars.

Countdown!!!!!!

Loading Video...

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2146 Posts

Zero evidence, zero factual information, because "it's classified so I can't tell it in a public hearing" and only "my friend's cousin's neighbor said that his classmates father has seen real photos of aliens".

Just another grifter making money.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#5 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59108 Posts

I've seen a UFO so I beleive crafts (human or not) at the very least exist.

No fucking way that was a typical plane I saw. Nothing moves like that.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

House is nothing but a waste of money this cycle. Your tax dollars at work. One crazy conspiracy after another.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8781 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Same. Once, I looked at a star and then it started maneuvering in such a way as to befuddle me.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By uninspiredcup
@DEVILinIRON said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Same. Once, I looked at a star and then it started maneuvering in such a way as to befuddle me.

Glad not the only one.

Never really bringit up IRL as people think you're either off your rocker or making it up. But saw what I saw. Simple as that.

Funnily enough, what described here is almost exactly what I saw as well.

Thought it was a star, was still, then moved in an almost pen stroke circle motion before darting away instantly.

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By The_Deepblue
Member since 2007 • 1484 Posts

I am open to all the possibilities.

Maybe they’re inter-dimensional creatures that, sometimes, “crossover” into our realm, either intentionally or unintentionally due to some phenomena that we do not understand.

Maybe they’re spiritual beings that use physical means for whatever reason, and perhaps they also can take on physical forms.

It could be all fake, but I believe that people have seen evidence for many years, and I have no reason to doubt every single one of the accounts that people have given, including people in this thread. I don’t want to be quick to discount people’s experiences. I hope we will get clear answers one day, hopefully within my lifetime. These hearings might be a step in the right direction towards that goal.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

@The_Deepblue: Yeah, to even entertain the possibility of us being regularly visited by aliens, I need some reasonable explanations of how they would do so. There are currently hard limits, in theory, on how fast matter (and even information) can travel. I thought that quantum mechanics was providing a bit of one with entanglement, but it turns out even that can't be used to send information faster than the speed of light.

And we need one. The depths of space are too great for aliens to be taking regular joyrides here at only light speed. It's not a matter of "do aliens exist," but instead, "assuming they do, how do they get here?"

neogeo2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 neogeo2k2
Member since 2019 • 145 Posts

I saw one myself as well, it was me and 3 other friends visiting Utah canyons and we both saw a big sphere of light that was moving from the ground to the sky instantly.

But we where so in shock that none of us was able to get there phone out, it was really out of this world.

The second time it happened to me I was on my way to the store when I saw a lot of spheres looking thing flying together in the sky.

This time I did pulled over and took some pics.

My family thought I was crazy until I showed them, but even with the photo some still didn’t believe.

At the end of the day, it’s like religion, either you believe in a god or not, no matter how much people tell you it’s real.

But don’t forget, not everything needs to be seen to know that it exists

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3448 Posts

We need Yeti hearings too. Get to the bottom of it!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

Much of what is reported is undoubtedly normal occurrence that are misinterpreted by people.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lamprey263

I've witnessed two events people in the area buzzed about seeing a UFO, but weren't. First one was in Pacific Northwest about 20 years ago, I was driving late at night and roads were relatively empty, and I saw a popping flash of light from overhead and area lit up around me, and what looked like green burning metal coming into view through my windshield from overhead, like some kind of flare or firework falling toward the ground in the immediate area, it looked like it was nearby but as I kept driving forward it looked like it was further and further away until it fell behind a hill off in the distance. Everyone on local social media was buzzing about a UFO but I saw on news later it was reported as an a meteor and they had video to verify it. So, funny we should leave it to the masses to say what they thought they saw.

Same reaction happened when I was living in SoCal about 10 years ago, we were driving around late at night, it was dark, and I saw what looked like a helicopter with a spotlight overhead like it was shining in our general direction, but seemed obscure due to the smoggy air that limits visibility that's a common feature in the area. I kept looking and looking and it seemed like it was immediate overhead yet it wasn't, rolled down window could hear nothing, then the light stayed bright and started to move away real fast until it disappeared from sight. And like before, local social media freaked out about a UFO. But, turned out it was a military missile test off coast. It was planned, happened when it was supposed to, wasn't a cover up. People see what rhey want to I guess.

It's amazing what you can see in the dark away from city lights. More stars, the Milky Way, but also, well, satellites even. Probably my most memorable moment I feel lucky to have witnesses was one night at a friend's place we were on balcony several floors up from street level watching some drunkard call the police on himself and put himself in some kind of padded van which we suspected he was going to some detox facility. While we were just hanging out on the balcony it was an exceptionally clear night the sky shown brilliantly, even just on the edge of the center of the city the light pollution didn't hinder visibility of the sky one bit. Now, ever since I was a child I remembered the rule, stars twinkle, planets shin. Was used to being able to spot the usual suspects, Venus is undeniable, Mars's color is a dead giveaway. Beyond that, I'd probably need a sky map to differentiate Mercury or Jupiter but if I'd had a telescope Jupiter would be a dead giveaway because you'll be able to see its moons. But as I was gazing I saw a brilliant blue object. And I was again with the idea, stars twinkle, planets shine, like, that's gotta be Neptune, but no it couldn't be. I've been told like it was written in stone that Neptune is just not visible with the naked eye, and certainly not so close to the city with the light pollution. But, what else could be so blue. I went inside and got on my friend's computer to verify on a sky map, yes, that was Neptune, right where it was supposed to be. Just must have been a special circumstance made it visible, clear skies, perfect visibility, perhaps a reduced distance due to their respective orbits, perhaps because my pupils were dilated from recreational substances. So far, still feels like a once in a lifetime event I feel fortunate to have seen it.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14813 Posts

Oh they’re out there.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By palasta
Member since 2017 • 1405 Posts

@lamprey263: You should've skipped all that and go straight to the sightings that don't have an easy explanation at the ready.

For example...

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

The first video is Steven Greers channel, which i don't recommend. The second video is by the WhyFiles channel, which at first glance looks like ordinary mystery ufo material, but is actually quite the opposite. The creator is very good at debunking, providing objective and insightful information.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 palasta
@lamprey263 said:

like the tic-tac encounter where a pilot supposedly chased a UFO that outmaneuvered him... well, funny thing is I've watch breakdowns of that video that use the data in the video to reconstruct which actually happened and they give far difference accounts than the pilots do, for instance

There is no video from the Fravor vs TicTac encounter. "From the Pentagon"? Does it look like to you the DoD has real interest in disclosure?

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I've seen ghosts but not UFOs. I guess anything is possible. If I could see a ghost, I guess that would mean something that can detect photons would pick it up, no? Doesn't seem to ever be the case so no idea what is making them appear. Very rare instances that I've seen them up close with my own eyes and for several seconds long. Maybe it is a quantum phenomena, who knows? Brain can do weird things. Maybe it is just a hallucination similar to what DMT does to you, but for a brief moment. But that wouldn't explain why sometimes I experience the same thing as others in the same room. I'm even skeptical of my own experiences but what I've experienced felt real, and that's all that matters to reality.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58413 Posts
@Gaming-Planet said:

I've seen ghosts but not UFOs. I guess anything is possible. If I could see a ghost, I guess that would mean something that can detect photons would pick it up, no? Doesn't seem to ever be the case so no idea what is making them appear. Very rare instances that I've seen them up close with my own eyes and for several seconds long. Maybe it is a quantum phenomena, who knows? Brain can do weird things. Maybe it is just a hallucination similar to what DMT does to you, but for a brief moment. But that wouldn't explain why sometimes I experience the same thing as others in the same room. I'm even skeptical of my own experiences but what I've experienced felt real, and that's all that matters to reality.

There's a lot of really weird stuff out there that hasn't been researched.

I have a good friend that goes to South America once a year for his annual "reset". He does ayahuaska, get's his "frog poison vaccine", and does a mild fast for a week.

Anyway he went with his friend who was experiencing some hardship after a tough year. They did the ayahuaska and my friend was like "Yeah I could see my buddy in this vision was struggling and having a bad trip, so in my mind I astral projected to him and comforted him" and then he felt better. So anyway a week or two later they were talking about it and the buddy says "Yeah it was weird I suddenly felt better like I had someone putting their arm around my shoulder and comforting me" which was exactly what my friend did in his projection.

Now there's a million rational ways to explain that and the easiest way for me to think that is through a combination of various factors (body language, observing your friend, knowing what your friend would do in a situation, etc) the short answer is "brain playing tricks on you" but it's still pretty crazy to think about it.

This same guy also did DMT or whatever and had some interesting hallucination. I guess one guy said he saw like a giant tree person and had this big conversation with it and convinced it not to destroy humanity lol.

Sounds fun. Like two years of therapy in two days.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 uninspiredcup

@palasta said:

Loading Video...

This was fascinating.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38683 Posts

people like to spout thing likes "this is pentagon provided video of a ufo!" to make people think that "this is pentagon proof of aliens" when it's just that they own the video footage. they're not confirming the contents of it, just that it was filmed with their assets.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 uninspiredcup

Here's 30 odd minute clip of those kids at the time.

Loading Video...

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lamprey263

@palasta: "There is no video from the Fravor vs TicTac encounter. "From the Pentagon"? Does it look like to you the DoD has real interest in disclosure?"

Perhaps there's nothing to disclose, or nothing that would satisfy those who believe the government is holding out, because they won't be satisfied until the US government confirms everything they hope to be true. The DoD could perhaps at least add clarity to the videos they released and whether these are snippets of a larger length of video footage and clarify if more footage exists and whether they can give fuller account, or if these are all there is for each event because this is all the pilots recorded of their encounters.

The Nimitz footage is from a same encounter Fravor was involved with and came from a different Hornet equipped with advanced infrared camera which Fravor's didn't have. Supposedly it was dispatched to investigate what was taking place in Fravor's group's exercise. But the video shows the target and the Hornet pilot maintaining a steady heading, the Hornet is not on an intercept course, doesn't adjust its course, nor is it moving at any speed that would indicate it was trying to catch up with the object with the Hornet going mach .55 or 30% it's mach 1.8 top speed. The target maintains a constant heading and altitude across the pilots field of view (starting 4° right ending 8° left) until the camera loses track of the object when the crew keeps messing with the camera's FOV/magnification. I'm not inclined to believe the government is holding out.

The claim of the tic tac shape seems to be constructed after the fact based on the IR footage but that shape is determined by thermal signature and not the shape of the craft itself. The supposedly written and declassified but still elusive Nimitz report that CBS Las Vegas claimed to have had suggests the FLIR recording (the one the Pentagon released) indicates the craft wasn't moving and remained stationary in its recording which doesn't match up to what the video actually shows, it ignores all data provided in the recordings optics and vehicle data, but states that tracking was lost due to the flight crew letting it slip out of view of the FLIR with no desire to track or pursue it. This also is a contradiction to the multiple pilot corroborated accounting which suggested the FLIR craft was sent to intercept and investigate the craft but the Nimitz written report suggests the FLIR craft was indifference to pursue or monitor the recorded object that happened because they were engaged in an ongoing training mission and not in pursuit of some elusive craft.

The written report suggests the Nimitz FLIR video indicates the same characteristics Fravor witnessed earlier. They claimed the video the DoD declassified indicates in hovered, not the case given the tracked object is seen flying across the horizon to the left. The shape of the craft wouldn't be determined from a 1.5° FOV with a 2x magnification and it's still just a spec suggesting considerable distance and the thermal glow would have obscured its shape. They wouldn't be able to see whether there were visible signs of propulsion from the distance, nor visually given a human aircraft wouldn't even leave condensation trails at 20,000 feet. The Nimitz narrative also plays up the elusive nature of the craft and their inability to track it, but the supposed written Numitz report mentions Fravor's group lacked the necessary tracking and targeting equipment regardless so this downplays the crafts supposed exotic characteristics and abikity to evade their equipment (that they didn't have).

I'd be curious if the written declassified Nimitz report is even legit or a fabrication. It conrltradicts both the video and pilot accounts and neither the video, pilot accounts, or reports are consistent about the event.

Wikipedia references a worth reading skeptic's rebuttal to the sensationalism of the Ariel School event.

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4760

As for the Ariel School Incident, WhyFiles video seems as sensational as the other bananer UFO claims, and the guy even blows raspberries at the idea of meteorological phenomena. He brings up men in black killing multiple John Macks like a dim witted Terminator was sent back through time to cross off every John Mack in the phonebook, which runs contrary to their lore in being this kind of all knowing and have unaccountable power and exercise surgical precision for covering up UFO evidence. Claiming 4 John Macks were all killed on same day by 4 drunk drivers... and he doesn't source the assertion or provide additional details justs drops it like its an irrefutable fact. Sounds exceptionally dubious.

The WhyFiles guy doesn't mention anything in the ballpark the skeptic's counter-points brought up that a reentry event of a debris field from a satellite launch preempted the Ariel School event and had showered the sky with fireballs in days leading up to the Ariel School event that set the nation in a UFO hysteria.

There's also pointed out criticisms of Cynthia Hind's interviews were conducted within groups where each child's accountings were given after that child had heard the other childrens' accountings given to her, and not conducted separately and compared, rather, suggesting each account built on each other's, creating a consistency to their accountings due to her methodology.

John Macks presence introduced what colleagues accused him of convincing people of what they saw. Telepathic communication didn't enter into the previous accounts until John Mack interviewed the children, and was entirely absent from Cyntia Hind's interview data. The telepathic message also leans more on him inserting his own biases into his data gathering, as he was a staunch anti-nuclear and environmental activist.

Also noted by the skeptic is that this particular school was in very affluent part of the country, with many white children of families of higher socioeconomic status and resources, and commerce that kept much of modern western society lifestyle peresent in the area, and that they'd of had previous exposure to UFO materials of what flying saucers and aliens looked like from movies, televisions, literature, that was common in much of the western world at the time, plus exposed to the growing UFO hysteria in the news that came from the satellite launch's debris field flying over the country and lighting up the night sky in streaks of fireballs days earlier.

This is definitely a worthwhile story to consider though when discussing potential instances of mass hysteria. Even the subject of John Mack some try to portray his declining stature in academia at Harvard being attributed to martyrdom due to his focus of research and not say his poisonous methodologies. Even today another Harvard scientist is getting eye-rolls from colleagues for asserting he potential found alien material debris on the ocean floor yet his status at the university doesn't appear threatened because he's still a value to the institution for his work on important research like studying gravitational micro-lensing.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

A cackling bare-cheeked insult to a nation's credulity. Another colossal fart in the gawping, dumbfounded faces of an underclass scrabbling in the darkness for a light switch. They're not even trying anymore. They don't think you're worth the effort.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 palasta

@lamprey263 said:

@palasta: "There is no video from the Fravor vs TicTac encounter. "From the Pentagon"? Does it look like to you the DoD has real interest in disclosure?"

Perhaps there's nothing to disclose, or nothing that would satisfy those who believe the government is holding out, because they won't be satisfied until the US government confirms everything they hope to be true. The DoD could perhaps at least add clarity to the videos they released and whether these are snippets of a larger length of video footage and clarify if more footage exists and whether they can give fuller account, or if these are all there is for each event because this is all the pilots recorded of their encounters.

The Nimitz footage is from a same encounter Fravor was involved with and came from a different Hornet equipped with advanced infrared camera which Fravor's didn't have. Supposedly it was dispatched to investigate what was taking place in Fravor's group's exercise. But the video shows the target and the Hornet pilot maintaining a steady heading, the Hornet is not on an intercept course, doesn't adjust its course, nor is it moving at any speed that would indicate it was trying to catch up with the object with the Hornet going mach .55 or 30% it's mach 1.8 top speed. The target maintains a constant heading and altitude across the pilots field of view (starting 4° right ending 8° left) until the camera loses track of the object when the crew keeps messing with the camera's FOV/magnification. I'm not inclined to believe the government is holding out.

You're not inclined to believe the government is holding out, yet you acknowledge those snippets selected and released by Pentagon officials is unsatisfactory. Watching the clips, it becomes very clear that they are incomplete. Thunderf00t, the youtuber you refer to, implies the videos are intentionally edited/cut to hide the mundane nature of the UAPs. But the DoD was responsible for declassification and release - the videos thunderfoot is refering to. So if anyone it is the DoD, the source of the footage so to say, holding all the cards. How are you then inclined to believe they're not holding out? Doesn't make sense.

In September 2019, a Pentagon spokeswoman confirmed that the released videos were made by naval aviators, and that they are "part of a larger issue of an increased number of training range incursions by unidentified aerial phenomena in recent years".[17]On April 27, 2020, the Pentagon formally released the three videos.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagon_UFO_videos

"part of a larger issue".

Who is "grifting" and why? The motive, the payout?

The claim of the tic tac shape seems to be constructed after the fact based on the IR footage but that shape is determined by thermal signature and not the shape of the craft itself.

?

The first time i heard this specific description was in the context of Fravors story.

Regarding Ariel School. It seems you didn't watch the video entirely, because everything mentioned in the skeptoid article you quasi-linked is adressed in the WhyFiles video. Except for the mass hysteria theory. Perhaps because that is a stretch.

The re-entry of zenit was on sept. 14, two days prior to the Ariel school incident. Like any other unusual objects in the sky with people taking notice, there are call-ins... but that doesn't equate to "nationwide UFO frenzy" and a mass hysteria disconnected from the supposed catalyst.

Zenit certainly wasn't the bright light the kids reported to have seen. That Brian Guy makes the connection simply by "close enough" without evidence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_psychogenic_illness

There is no case of vivid mass hallucination that remains as memory and vivid experience until adulthood. Let me know if you know of cases of mass hysteria with people hallucinating similar to the Ariel School children, that recall the incident to this day. What witnesses now grown up have to say is completely ignored by the skeptoid. Fitting description btw. I myself would call me a skeptic, but that doesn't make me chose ignorancy and jump to conclusions.

Loading Video...

I posted the short interview of Prof. Robert Jacobs, who allegedly saw a UFO disable a test missile in mid air. Imagine someone else would've seen that object the same day, a civilian bystander. What would be the reasonable explanation for this hypothetical eye witness report near a missile test range? Then there are other UFO school incidents.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

There is a lot more. The number of incidents, the similarities, Allen Hyneks work etc., the phenomenon in its entirety is what made me curious. Explanation of supposed skeptics regarding interesting cases are often shallow and incoherent.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

I'm not surprised at all. This world was created with a reality and bafoons that walk around with staffs like they are magic wizards. My first time finding out about UFOs and aliens I got a good laugh out of. Then when I saw people wearing aluminum foil hats because they didn't want aliens to controll them or abduct them I got a greater laugh from.