WladolfPutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 WladolfPutler
Member since 2022 • 256 Posts

The majority of people/scientists assume the brain works as the source for consciousness, so how can they be so sure?

Science as we know it, can't explain consciousness, let alone saying when it begins, where it is and what the heck it actually is.

That means everything you find on information on consciousness to begin with, is more or less just theory.

So what would speak against the theory of consciousness being a product of the brain?

First of all, the brain is pretty similiar to a regular computer:

"Both use electrical signals to send messages. The brain uses chemicals to transmit information; the computer uses electricity. Even though electrical signals travel at high speeds in the nervous system, they travel even faster through the wires in a computer. Both transmit information."

That´s great! But wait!

Does that mean a computer has consciousness? Stupid question, especially when you remember that conscousness can´t even be properly explained by anyone, but that doesn´t keep certain "scientists" from claiming "A computer has consciousness!" just like there are "scientists" who claim "We live inside a simulation!" (No, that´s no joke, some really claim this)

Now if you look at a computer, it´s neither something paranormal nor does it has anything to do with some magical hocus-pocus, it´s actually just plain simple hardware, pretty boring...and so is the brain.

So since we just found out our brain is more or less boring bio-hardware, i am afraid we must assume the same boring crap for the consciousness and probably that conscsiousness is really made by the brain after all, the simple result of a simple electronic field...making me wonder if dark clouds with thunder and lightning are actually having consciousness too?

Now i am looking at myself and realize..."This is ME!" - My primitive and simple consciousness is nothing but the simple product of my downright stupid brain and when i am dead, so must be my consciousness.....of course...dumbass me!

But wait!

WTF happens when i would be cloned after my death? There is the exact same primitive hardware for a second time and it is supposed to produce the exact same consciousness....again.

Thanks to the sheer simple, almost ridiculously stupid nature of things, this must mean i can live again.

But wait!

WTF happens when i would be cloned...BEFORE my death, right while i am still alive?

Since my clone produces the exact same consciousness as i do, it would mean that 1 (=i/me/myself) would be parallel-experiencing 2 lives/bodies now....WTF?

Is this where it is getting complicated now?

Some would argue "That clone has an own, DIFFERENT consciousness!"

Excuse me, but an exact same piece of hardware, must produce the exact same consciousness, otherwise something must be funny!

Some would argue again "Yeah, your clone is the one being funny! He may be a copy of you with having the same DNA, but still being slightly different coz he hasn´t been carried out and born the same way as you, so that slight difference caused a different consciousness!"

Funny how they talk about consciousness again, as if they would know exactly what they are talking about with already having solved all its mysteries.

But wait!

What about the multiverse? And i am not talking about Doctor Strange or the marvel-multiverse, i mean the real-scientist multiverse-theories made by real scientists here in this universe, as like the bubble-multiverse theory (there are others too, like multi-dimensional etc.), where an endless amount of parallel universes spawns inside infinite space.

Some would argue "WTF has the multiverse to do with your consciousness?"

Well, there are parallel universes with completely different versions of our universe, some just slightly different universes and then we have the exact same 100% identical versions of our universe!

And since we aren´t talking about some dirty-illegal-underground-laboratory-built cheap clone now, but a real and "natural" copy of my own, with a 100%-identical copy of the same consciousness, who also lives the exact same life with the exact same things happening to him, i would like to know....

...who da fu** is that guy? What consciousness does he has, since there is obviously still that one little MAJOR difference between our perfectly 100% identical consciousnesses: MY consciousness is still ME here in THIS universe, so that other guy over there can´t be the exact same, otherwise there must be something wrong.

END of the hypothetical story.

I already made my own theories, as to what consciousness may be, but that is another hypothetical story...

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8438 Posts

I am a robot watch me compute

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts
Loading Video...

WladolfPutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 WladolfPutler

LOL! Exactly the replies i expected from a bunch of kids with a limited horizon.

Keep em comin!

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44618 Posts
Loading Video...

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jaydan

@wladolfputler said:

LOL! Exactly the replies i expected from a bunch of kids with a limited horizon.

Keep em comin!

Loading Video...

WladolfPutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 WladolfPutler

@jaydan: Are you somehow writing-impaired and troubled with written text and should i better reply with memes/youtube-links as well?

It should be obvious i am on amphetamines, so why weed??? I already got the idea you´re probably not the fastest in your family but it seems you´re a little behind in general, probably from too much weed after all? That would explain why you came up with that shitty drug in the first place.

PS: If i am writing too much text for you and you can´t handle it all at once, just let me know.

WladolfPutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 WladolfPutler

@lamprey263: Is this an attempt at spamming the thread? Hello? Are you kids able to carry actual conversations or do you just post memes all day long coz all internet-kiddies think its a kewl, smart and funny thing to do these days? Really being curious now.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

My understanding is that the words consciousness/awareness/soul are interchangeable.

So the soul enters the physical body sometime when the fetus begins development in the womb.

And after death of a physical body the soul moves on to a subtler density.

As for clones, I believe that each would have a unique soul.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jaydan

@wladolfputler said:

@jaydan: Are you somehow writing-impaired and troubled with written text and should i better reply with memes/youtube-links as well?

It should be obvious i am on amphetamines, so why weed??? I already got the idea you´re probably not the fastest in your family but it seems you´re a little behind in general, probably from too much weed after all? That would explain why you came up with that shitty drug in the first place.

PS: If i am writing too much text for you and you can´t handle it all at once, just let me know.

Your mind is so strong and elite, you're like psychic or something. How did you know all this?

WladolfPutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WladolfPutler

@thereal25 said:

My understanding is that the words consciousness/awareness/soul are interchangeable.

So the soul enters the physical body sometime when the fetus begins development in the womb.

Of course an interesting point you have, while i "hate" to use the word "soul" since it has an way too religious aspect to people. In my opinion, consciousness and the possibility of it "surviving death" has neither anything to do with a higher being (=a god) nor religion, in fact there is nothing "mysterious" or "paranormal" about it, as it is just something regularily and naturally happening in this universe.

I also do not think consciousness (...or the "soul" if you really want to describe it as such) is really "entering" the physical body as it is probably more of like "attaching" to it in ways not neccessarily meaning something like the "attachment" of two "physical objects". What i mean is like consciousness functioning on a wave-basis while the brain could like "receiving" it.

There are actual other theories in the same direction, claiming that brain functions like a "tv-set" with consciousness being received and having its source somewhere else, probably inside some "quantum-realm" etc.

WladolfPutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WladolfPutler
@jaydan said:
@wladolfputler said:

Your mind is so strong and elite, you're like psychic or something. How did you know all this?

OMFGLMFAOROFL!

You´ve once again proven to be of a rather limited IQ and that´s not even your worst problem.

But you´re hilariously amusing, i gotta give you that! So better fall back again to post funny memes, rather than posting funny text, which makes you actually look more like being depressed, sad and angry, which again could actually be the reason for you to post funny memes in the first place, probably to hide all that frustration.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jaydan
@wladolfputler said:
@jaydan said:
@wladolfputler said:

OMFGLMFAOROFL!

You´ve once again proven to be of a rather limited IQ and that´s not even your worst problem.

But you´re hilariously amusing, i gotta give you that! So better fall back again to post funny memes, rather than posting text, which makes you actually look more like being depressed, sad and angry, which again could actually be the reason for you to post funny memes in the first place, probably to hide all that frustration.

Your intelligence is way too high; I just don't know how to keep up with your consistent smackdowns.

With a big brain like yours, I don't think anyone has ever owned me as hard as you on this website.

WladolfPutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WladolfPutler
@thereal25 said:

Something i forgot to mention in my other reply!

I also think it is possible...and here it comes....that not every being necessarily has to have a consciousness to begin with, so my "clone" doesn´t necessarily has to have a consciousness to begin with.

If conscousness is, as what i think, just an "observing-entity", then "beings with consciousness" are functioning the same as "beings without consciousness", the only difference would be that with a "being without consciousness" there ain´t an entity (consciousness) there to experience it all.

You could look at it like looking at an MMORPG which also has bots (or "AI characters", since "bots" automatically means "dumb AI" to most gamers). So there you have characters with a real human being behind and then characters with an AI.

Now that would mean those characters being controlled by humans are having a "consciousness" which is experiencing the game while the bots don´t have any consciousness to experience it, yet you can´t figure who´s bot and who is human, coz they both function the same without a difference (of course only if the AI is extremely smart programmed and dumb as battlefield-bots!)

But this whole thing is not to be mistaken with "consciousness steers a being" because as i said, in my opinion it is just an "observing entity" not able to steer physical entitiys let alone physical objects in general, otherwise consciousness would be linked to physical bodies in a way so that death is as well killing off consciousness too.

WladolfPutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WladolfPutler

@jaydan: That´s ma boy! Now keep up with those memes, even if it means you have to hurry over to google/youtube over and over again just to find stuff to copy, return to gamespot over and over again just to paste it, which doesn´t only show how much effort i am worth to you but as well exposing you as a rather dull (but funny!) lifeform.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jaydan

@wladolfputler:

WladolfPutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 WladolfPutler

@jaydan said:

@wladolfputler:

That coming from a lifeform who is constantly switching tabs while copy´n pasting memes 24/7!

LMAO you go boy! Keep em comin!

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jaydan

@wladolfputler:

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1405 Posts

Why should a clone have your consciouness?

Buying a new identical laptop to replace the old one doesn't magically upload all the data collected and programs installed.

You become conscious.

WladolfPutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 WladolfPutler

@jaydan said:

The longer i watch this the more i have to grin.

WladolfPutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 WladolfPutler
@palasta said:

Why is the consciousness of your body actually you and why aren´t you someone else? There is obvoiusly a reason for you being actually you and you not being your neighbor. So what is causing you to be you? God? Your brain? Why? How? Now if your brain is causing you to be you, then the exact same brain of your clone, should cause the exact same, but since your clone has another differently own consciousness (which ain´t you), that must mean your brain is probably not the source then.

@palasta said:

Buying a new identical laptop to replace the old one doesn't magically upload all the data collected and programs installed.

You are talking about storage of information and this ain´t the same as consciousness since consciousness does neither work like a HDD nor does it ever stores information to begin with.

Consciousness is only having an observing aspect, it doesn´t store information as well as it doesn´t send any signals to the physical body and it doesn´t steer any bodyparts as well as consciousness does not "think", that is what the brain is actually here for and this is what the brain is actually doing.

So your brain is doing all the thinking while you consciousness is observing it. Now if your body wouldn´t even have any consciousness, then your brain still would do thinking, your body doing stuff and live its life....there just wouldn´t be anyone there to observe/experience it.

And that is the reason, why robots, androids, the smartest AI etc. etc., work as well with or without any consciousness and the question as to whether those things have or do not have consciousness, is more or less irrelevant.

@palasta said:

You become conscious.

What actually happens when you become "unconscious"?

"The screen goes black and everything goes silent!" Sensory organs don´t work coz certain parts of the brain are shut down.

Now i say consciousness is still there and not affected by that "shut-down", while it is still observing, in this case it just observes a "black screen and silence".

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

@wladolfputler said:
@palasta said:

Why is the consciousness of your body actually you and why aren´t you someone else? There is obvoiusly a reason for you being actually you and you not being your neighbor. So what is causing you to be you? God? Your brain? Why? How? Now if your brain is causing you to be you, then the exact same brain of your clone, should cause the exact same, but since your clone has another differently own consciousness (which ain´t you), that must mean your brain is probably not the source then.

What causes you to be you are the experiences you've lived and how they've formed you into your own individuality. The brain is (as far as we can tell by doing scans and seeing activity in different areas) the processing center for all aspects of that individuality.

If you have a clone, genetically identical, isn't the same because of this. This is why identical twins aren't the same people even though they are biological clones.....they're lived different experiences which have formed them into different people.

WladolfPutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 WladolfPutler

@MirkoS77 said:

What causes you to be you are the experiences you've lived and how they've formed you into your own individuality.

Is this what you´ve found out so far or is this rather what some "scientists" claim, while you´re just repeating it all?

What´s a "scientist"? An above average smartass human being who just knows the right people. It is naive to think that every scientist is talking the absolute truth, only coz him being a scientist. You have any idea how wrong scientists actually are every year with their "latest knowledge" all their analysis and studies? In quantum-physics for example, they just realized (again) that certain measurments and theories are obviously wrong (again), like the actual weight of the higgs-bonson particle or the speed of cosmic inflation lately....and no one knows if they aren´t just being terribly wrong again.

So i assume, hundreds of years ago, you would have been claiming "The earth is flat!" only because the majority of people thought that way, while everyone who was claiming the opposite, was a "nutjob" and not been taken any serious.

Anyway, back at "your" claims:

According to my theories, you are you even before you have any experience, or do you want to tell me that it wasn´t been you until you started to experience stuff? So you mean, the first time you were opening your eyes to look at that person in white, was being your first experience which caused....you to be you? Gimme a break!

You ever tried to remember what was actually the first experience or visual you ever had in your life? Let´s assume it was when you were opening your eyes, seeing that doctor in the delivery room. So you think, until that point it wasn´t been you? Ok, so what caused "you to be you" that moment when you opened your eyes with having the first experience starting to "form you up"? That doctor? God? Your mother? The cosmic waves in the delivery room?

Also, according to you, your own self is "forming up" with experiences. Your physical body is forming up yeah, your identity is also forming up, but not your consciousness, your consciousness does neither change its form as it is neither collecting and storing any experience, your consciousness, as i am understanding it, is completely unaffected by physical influences on your body...and "experience" is another result of physical influence, just as your psyche is changing or being influenced and altered with the use of medication/drugs while your consciousness is "having fun" observing you going braindead.

I am afraid most people are having a completely wrong idea of as to what consciousness may be, like there are articles on the net, being completely utter crap, like telling:

"There is consciousness to notice within new born babies after certain weeks".

You just can´t take so easily notice of something you can´t even explain let alone locating it with telling what the fu** it actually really is. I think consciousness can only be "noticed" by the entity who is having it, not by those other stupid lifeforms being around it.

If consciousness would be so easy to taking notice of, then i assume it would have been as well understood and explained by those smartass rocketscientists out there already and we would already know what computer and robot is having consciousness and who has not.

@MirkoS77 said:

If you have a clone, genetically identical, isn't the same because of this. This is why identical twins aren't the same people even though they are biological clones.

"Identical twins" are not being 100% identical which makes them in fact NOT being the same as clones.

In theory, you could be cloned while making sure both you and your clone are raised and living sepperated in two but exact same environments with having the same treatment along with the same experiences, so according to you i guess this is the point where it gets complicated now, since you claimed "experience is causing you to be you" so now you not only have the same experience as your clone but share a 100% identical DNA code as well.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MirkoS77

@wladolfputler: I approached this in good faith, but if you're going to be accusatory and antagonistic in your reply along with making ignorant assumptions, cheers in your discussion with others.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 palasta

@wladolfputler said:

What actually happens when you become "unconscious"?

"The screen goes black and everything goes silent!" Sensory organs don´t work coz certain parts of the brain are shut down.

Now i say consciousness is still there and not affected by that "shut-down", while it is still observing, in this case it just observes a "black screen and silence".

Sounds like something a 12yo would come up with. Mh... /looking at ava and name

Actually, many peope who lose consciousness can still experience what's going on around them. Hearing, feeling pain...

WladolfPutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 WladolfPutler

@MirkoS77: You´re just butthurt coz i am not sharing your opinion, that´s telling what kind of person you are and if that´s not bad enough, you´re not even capable of getting articles right (like why identical twins aren´t 100% the same) so the next time you do your google-research, make sure you understood them articles at least halfway right, rather than claiming some utter nonsense crap like "Twins are the same as clones!

WladolfPutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 WladolfPutler
@palasta said:

Why did you came here in the first place and why did you decided to post your dull comments? Coz you´re butthurt over my nickname and avatar? LOL you´re like an angry 15 year old who´s been stuck at an age of 8.

@palasta said:

Actually, many peope who lose consciousness can still experience what's going on around them. Hearing, feeling pain...

Is that according to your own experience with being unconsciousness, or were you reading the wrong google-articles again?

There are also people who see light at the end of a tunnel and some claim they came back from the dead, there are people who see UFOs and there are people who believe in demons....

Don´t be so terribly naive and stupid kid.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MirkoS77

@wladolfputler said:

@MirkoS77: You´re just butthurt coz i am not sharing your opinion, that´s telling what kind of person you are and if that´s not bad enough, you´re not even capable of getting articles right (like why identical twins aren´t 100% the same) so the next time you do your google-research, make sure you understood them articles at least halfway right, rather than claiming some utter nonsense crap like "Twins are the same as clones!

Your reply to me (and others in this thread) show what kind of person you are. I’m not but hurt, I’m simply not going to engage with someone who conducts themselves in your manner. I don’t know why you insist on making your responses so personal, it’s almost as if you view disagreements as a personal affront.

Focus on the argument, not the person…..debate 101.

WladolfPutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 WladolfPutler

@MirkoS77 said:

I’m not but hurt

No, you´re of course not "but hurt", you´re butthurt, now "but hurt" and "butthurt" just aren´t the same as "identical twins" and "clones" aren´t. Are you by any chance slightly confused?

@MirkoS77 said:

I’m simply not going to engage with someone who conducts themselves in your manner.

LOL then please for god´s sake, save everyone your heartbreaking whining and just go back where you came from.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 thereal25

@wladolfputler said:
@thereal25 said:

Of course an interesting point you have, while i "hate" to use the word "soul" since it has an way too religious aspect to people. In my opinion, consciousness and the possibility of it "surviving death" has neither anything to do with a higher being (=a god) nor religion, in fact there is nothing "mysterious" or "paranormal" about it, as it is just something regularily and naturally happening in this universe.

I also do not think consciousness (...or the "soul" if you really want to describe it as such) is really "entering" the physical body as it is probably more of like "attaching" to it in ways not neccessarily meaning something like the "attachment" of two "physical objects". What i mean is like consciousness functioning on a wave-basis while the brain could like "receiving" it.

There are actual other theories in the same direction, claiming that brain functions like a "tv-set" with consciousness being received and having its source somewhere else, probably inside some "quantum-realm" etc.

Yes, I like the way you think. Makes sense.

But I noticed you said in another post that consciousness cannot store information - it can only observe.

I'm not so sure about that though, because there are numerous testimonies of people who have left their bodies (in NDE's and other ways) while still having memories of their Earthly selves.

Also, it's quite possible to see past lives!

WladolfPutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 WladolfPutler

@thereal25 said:

But I noticed you said in another post that consciousness cannot store information - it can only observe.

I'm not so sure about that though, because there are numerous testimonies of people who have left their bodies (in NDE's and other ways) while still having memories of their Earthly selves.

Another great point you have there, showing that there in fact are users here who think about the subject rather than looking at my nickname/avatar and deciding to come here with their either half-assed theories but in fact just trying to hump-rape my leg.

Anyway, as you said, in my theory, consciousness can only observe but not store information (at least not in the same way as brain is storing memory). So what could there probably happen with those OBEs (out of the body experiences) or NDEs (near death experiences)?

Well this is not an easy to grasp turf! To begin with...are OBEs and NDEs actually the same or working the same way? What really happens, when such things are happening? Is "something" really "leaving the body" here or is this something the brain is experiencing? According to our great "scientists" out there, it is "just something" the brain is experiencing, as like it is producing some kind of chemical stuff similiar to a "drug", what causes "hallucinations".

Well if it is just "hallucinations" caused by the brain, why are having so many people the same "hallucination" then, aren´t they supposed to see different things rather than a tunnel or even better...sense/see/experience what´s actually happening in another room?

As to the question if consciousness is now capable of storing information or not, i just can´t see any reason as to why consciousness should do that, on the other hand...nothing is impossible and of course i could be wrong with several aspects in my theories or being completely wrong with everything to begin with!

Another question is, if consciousness is an "infinite" entity/energy-form and it would store information, it would store infinite information infinitely...which just seems kinda "awkward" to me, but then again there are other "awkward" theories from "scientists" (like we are living inside some simulation or somehow "inside some hologram") which could as well be true.

Only because we don´t understand something or think it actually makes no sense, doesn´t mean it can´t be real, so i am actually also saying that consciousness doesn´t makes sense at all, no matter how you see it, but then again only human beings always search for a meaning everywhere since their minds can´t grasp to just exist without any meaning or reason.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Does the past still exist?

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 palasta

@wladolfputler said:
@palasta said:

Why did you came here in the first place and why did you decided to post your dull comments? Coz you´re butthurt over my nickname and avatar? LOL you´re like an angry 15 year old who´s been stuck at an age of 8.

Sorry... man. There isn't much material to work with. Just some dude incoherently babbling about consciousness and his fantasy theory, because for him it seems to be a thing of otherwordly magic. While he isn't even close to comprehend the complexitity of the reality he exists in, in good ol' religious tradition he concots soul-consiousness that exits... somewhere...

Because... why not?

Is that according to your own experience with being unconsciousness, or were you reading the wrong google-articles again?

https://mindmatters.ai/2020/04/can-loved-ones-in-a-coma-hear-us/

According to your little fairy tale it really isn't "consciouness" that has those experiences, since it can't receive anything in comatose state.

There are also people who see light at the end of a tunnel and some claim they came back from the dead, there are people who see UFOs and there are people who believe in demons....

And some people fantasize about reality. Nothing new under the sun.

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35  Edited By fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2384 Posts

I met this dude selling oranges under an overpass and he knew the answer. He said he'd tell me if I bought some oranges. I was turned off by the hard sell so I passed.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 thereal25

@wladolfputler said:
@thereal25 said:

Another great point you have there, showing that there in fact are users here who think about the subject rather than looking at my nickname/avatar and deciding to come here with their either half-assed theories but in fact just trying to hump-rape my leg.

Anyway, as you said, in my theory, consciousness can only observe but not store information (at least not in the same way as brain is storing memory). So what could there probably happen with those OBEs (out of the body experiences) or NDEs (near death experiences)?

Well this is not an easy to grasp turf! To begin with...are OBEs and NDEs actually the same or working the same way? What really happens, when such things are happening? Is "something" really "leaving the body" here or is this something the brain is experiencing? According to our great "scientists" out there, it is "just something" the brain is experiencing, as like it is producing some kind of chemical stuff similiar to a "drug", what causes "hallucinations".

Well if it is just "hallucinations" caused by the brain, why are having so many people the same "hallucination" then, aren´t they supposed to see different things rather than a tunnel or even better...sense/see/experience what´s actually happening in another room?

As to the question if consciousness is now capable of storing information or not, i just can´t see any reason as to why consciousness should do that, on the other hand...nothing is impossible and of course i could be wrong with several aspects in my theories or being completely wrong with everything to begin with!

Another question is, if consciousness is an "infinite" entity/energy-form and it would store information, it would store infinite information infinitely...which just seems kinda "awkward" to me, but then again there are other "awkward" theories from "scientists" (like we are living inside some simulation or somehow "inside some hologram") which could as well be true.

Only because we don´t understand something or think it actually makes no sense, doesn´t mean it can´t be real, so i am actually also saying that consciousness doesn´t makes sense at all, no matter how you see it, but then again only human beings always search for a meaning everywhere since their minds can´t grasp to just exist without any meaning or reason.

I appreciate your thoughful and humble respsonse.

Yes, this is indeed tricky territory.

In regards to the scientific theory about nde's, obe's etc. being just something that's happening in the brain... well that doesn't explain pre-birth/ past life memories.

@warmblur said:

Well they say the everything that has ever happened, is happening, and ever will happen is actually happening right now.

So in other words time is an illusion.

But of course these concepts can be difficult for the human mind to grasp.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 palasta

@wladolfputler said:

"Both use electrical signals to send messages. The brain uses chemicals to transmit information; the computer uses electricity. Even though electrical signals travel at high speeds in the nervous system, they travel even faster through the wires in a computer. Both transmit information."

That´s great! But wait!

Does that mean a computer has consciousness? Stupid question, especially when you remember that conscousness can´t even be properly explained by anyone, but that doesn´t keep certain "scientists" from claiming "A computer has consciousness!" just like there are "scientists" who claim "We live inside a simulation!" (No, that´s no joke, some really claim this)

Are you saying animals (biggest to smallest) have fuzzy quantumrealm soul-consciousness too? They must, or your claim machine intelligence no matter how evolved is unable to posses sentience falls flat. Does that mean all aemobas have the same consciouness?

There are no scientists who claim we live in a simulation. You don't understand the simulation hypothesis... or the word hypothesis.

And since we aren´t talking about some dirty-illegal-underground-laboratory-built cheap clone now, but a real and "natural" copy of my own, with a 100%-identical copy of the same consciousness

Does that mean that Dolly was actually un-conscious?

WladolfPutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 WladolfPutler

@warmblur said:

Have you read and understood Schrödinger´s Cat? That´s quantum-physics and according to it, the past, presence and future are actually "co-existing" in terms of...well...quantum-physics!

@fenriz275 said:

I met this dude selling oranges under an overpass and he knew the answer.

I wasn´t asking any questions here but i do understand that you need attention and try it the funny way.

@palasta said:
Blah blah blah blah blah......

Does that mean that Dolly was actually un-conscious?

You obviously haven´t read much in this thread to this point and that is because you aren´t even interested, that much is obvious. I am just not sure whether it is because you are just looking for trouble or your IQ being on a cellar-deep level...or probably both.

You claim i am full of fairy tales and ask me dull questions? So i guess you love fairy tales after all and that is because of your infantile mind maybe?

Or is the reason for your presence in this thread something completely different maybe? It looks like your actual mission ain´t accomplished yet, so you´re still here even when you say i am just telling fairy tales.

Also...why did you just decided to join the discussion at this moment? I think you´re another user just being butthurt about "something", so live with it and move on, time will heal your wounds kid!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
@wladolfputler said:
@warmblur said:

Have you read and understood Schrödinger´s Cat? That´s quantum-physics and according to it, the past, presence and future are actually "co-existing" in terms of...well...quantum-physics!

I've heard that it's fascinating if that is true lets just say that means the simulation theory is probably correct.

WladolfPutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 WladolfPutler

@warmblur said:
@wladolfputler said:
@warmblur said:

I've heard that it's fascinating if that is true lets just say that means the simulation theory is probably correct.

There are probably hundreds of fascinating theories as to what "reality" actually may be, while the multiverse theory (in fact the bubble-multiverse theory, while there are multiverse theories with other "structures" like multi-dimensional etc.) is the one i am thinking could be real in the first place, with the "simulation-theory" being the least one possible.

I guess the theory about we living in a simulation, is based on the assumption that there already passed so much time that whenever there were people making a simulation like "this one", it already happened, rather than that we would be the first civiliztion to build such a simulation.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By palasta
@thereal25 said:

Well they say the everything that has ever happened, is happening, and ever will happen is actually happening right now.

The illusion of time... yea, i think Einstein muttered sth like this in a rather unscientific context.

But Time isn't a solitary player, Time is a property of Space... hence SpaceTime.

Is everything an illusion then? Without time, no space, Singularity. Are you saying only a singularity is really real? Really really real?

The more space an object "occupies", the less time. Or the faster an object moves, the less time to calculate relatively to everything else. Black holes, so much mass/space, so little time. A photon, no mass/space, all the time. The reason why there is a speed limit, why there is time dilation. You would require all mass/space to reach lightspeed, but time you would have none.

Yea, Relativity hints to a limit in processing power, a strong indicator that the universe is some sort of data processing entity (computer in a basement, god, super-ape etc). In principile the same as with video games. In a racing game CPU/GPU GPCSDP or whatever have limited resources to display a car traversing the world. The faster the car goes, the more space it occupies, the less time the PU has to calculate the incoming world, which leads to the familiar dilemma of better graphics or more FPS. The faster an object travels through the universe, the less time it is given, because resources are reserved for space, resp. interaction. Why does the Universe need so much compute power=energy to calculate a moving object in our reality? Chaos theory? In a racing game a car exists little more than on a predetermined path, with barely any interaction in the world surrounding it. But in our reality everything has cause and effect from smallest to largest scale. We know how much more energy is needed to display a little bit of environmental destruction in a game and therefore we have a notion how much more would be needed to display objects and interactions up from an atomic level. Maybe the limitations in processing power is also the reason why the Universe expands. It saves recources. All the objects increasing distances from one another with respective speeds can't interact. Equivalent to better graphics or more world to display, the expansion makes sure of far less "chaos".

Anyway, at very least we can say that the Universe is deterministic and you have no free will. :D

WladolfPutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 WladolfPutler

@palasta said:

The more space an object "occupies", the less time.

Now that´s a great fairy tale isn´t it?

You´re confusing "your" theory with "Gravity of an object being so strong that time moves slower there" but the size of an object just doesn´t tell something about its gravity, my dear friend. The more mass an object is having, the stronger is its gravitational-pull.

That means you can have a pile of shit as well as an empty bottle of crap being the size of a whole planet (occupying the same space as a planet) but it still not having any gravity since it doesn´t have enough mass, so that object is basically the same as you...it is just occupying space for no reason and without any gravity to have an effect on other objects, let alone having an effect on time.

@palasta said:

Without time, no space, Singularity.

This time it seems you´re confusing "singularity" with that state before big-bang, where theories claim wasn´t time nor space.

Now Singularity describes a location in space-time with extra-ordinary gravity...like inside a black hole. So i am afraid without time and without space, there is also no singularity.

Should i bother reading the rest of your amazingly physic-laws-debunking article?

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 palasta

Mh, the guy who thinks the brain is a komputer.

@wladolfputler said:

Now that´s a great fairy tale isn´t it?

You´re confusing "your" theory with "Gravity of an object being so strong that time moves slower there" but the size of an object just doesn´t tell something about its gravity, my dear friend. The more mass an object is having, the stronger is its gravitational-pull.

Listen, i'm not really eager to talk to people who barely have a grasp of the things discussed. Kinda pointless.

I was talking about space, as in "spacetime", as in an object traversing space... in time...

I spare you my theory of gravity, since you've a major error in data processing. You don't even understand general relativity and you call it "my theory of gravity"?

The faster an object traverses SPACE, the more TIME

The more SPACE an object occupies, the less TIME

SPACE... TIME...

Not MAT-TER

SPACE... TIME...

NO, NOT MATTER, NOT MASS

SPACE TIME

This time it seems you´re confusing "singularity" with that state before big-bang, where theories claim wasn´t time nor space.

You're confused, you have no idea what i'm talking about and i'm not wasting my time giving elaborate answer. As i said, your understanding and knowledge is insufficient. You seem to be just a troll filled with a lot hubris.

The initial singularity is a singularity predicted by some models of the Big Bang theory to have existed before the Big Bang[1] and thought to have contained all the energy and spacetime of the Universe.[2] The instant immediately following the initial singularity is part of the Planck epoch, the earliest period of time in the history of our universe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Initial_singularity

WladolfPutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 WladolfPutler

@palasta said:

Listen, i'm not really eager to talk to people who barely have a grasp of the things discussed.

Yet you´re still here again, spilling your guts....again.

You´re feeling victimized, so you´re just trying to piss on everything here, that explains why your "theories" look like being randomly pulled out of peoples asses along with you constantly coming back here while you´re explaining how you aren´t talking to me everytime.

@palasta said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Initial_singularity

You´re so cute when you run to google crying for help, while copying and pasting those articles which are in fact as well just being theory and nonetheless neither any better or worse than what i am saying here.

What´s your mission here to begin with? I already asked you this question but it seems you were escaping it through the emergency exit on your last visit here.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 thereal25

@palasta:

@palasta said:
@thereal25 said:

The illusion of time... yea, i think Einstein muttered sth like this in a rather unscientific context.

But Time isn't a solitary player, Time is a property of Space... hence SpaceTime.

Is everything an illusion then? Without time, no space, Singularity. Are you saying only a singularity is really real? Really really real?

The more space an object "occupies", the less time. Or the faster an object moves, the less time to calculate relatively to everything else. Black holes, so much mass/space, so little time. A photon, no mass/space, all the time. The reason why there is a speed limit, why there is time dilation. You would require all mass/space to reach lightspeed, but time you would have none.

Yea, Relativity hints to a limit in processing power, a strong indicator that the universe is some sort of data processing entity (computer in a basement, god, super-ape etc). In principile the same as with video games. In a racing game CPU/GPU GPCSDP or whatever have limited resources to display a car traversing the world. The faster the car goes, the more space it occupies, the less time the PU has to calculate the incoming world, which leads to the familiar dilemma of better graphics or more FPS. The faster an object travels through the universe, the less time it is given, because resources are reserved for space, resp. interaction. Why does the Universe need so much compute power=energy to calculate a moving object in our reality? Chaos theory? In a racing game a car exists little more than on a predetermined path, with barely any interaction in the world surrounding it. But in our reality everything has cause and effect from smallest to largest scale. We know how much more energy is needed to display a little bit of environmental destruction in a game and therefore we have a notion how much more would be needed to display objects and interactions up from an atomic level. Maybe the limitations in processing power is also the reason why the Universe expands. It saves recources. All the objects increasing distances from one another with respective speeds can't interact. Equivalent to better graphics or more world to display, the expansion makes sure of far less "chaos".

Anyway, at very least we can say that the Universe is deterministic and you have no free will. :D

Great post!

Yes, it would seem that everything is interacting with everything else in SUCH a precise way, that the only possibility regarding free will is that GOD alone has it.

It sure seems as though we little humans have free will/choice but that is merely an illusion - just as with time and space.

In regards to what is real and what isn't, I think it's all real - it's just that that unenlightened species tend to perceive things not as they are.

God is both nothing and everything.

WladolfPutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 WladolfPutler

@thereal25 said:

@palasta:

Yes, it would seem that everything is interacting with everything else in SUCH a precise way, that the only possibility regarding free will is that GOD alone has it.

You´re truly a lost sheep.

One of the explanations as to why everything in this universe is so "precise" can be a Multiverse, "God" is only an excuse made by rather "dumb" lifeforms or "downright smart" people who used it to gather control over all the sheeps running around.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 thereal25

@wladolfputler said:
@thereal25 said:

@palasta:

One of the explanations as to why everything in this universe is so "precise" can be a Multiverse, "God" is only an excuse made by rather "dumb" lifeforms or "downright smart" people who used it to gather control over all the sheeps running around.

Think of God as the universe if you like. It's all interconnected and operating as one "machine" if you like. Therefore the thoughts we're thinking, the words we're speaking and the feelings we're feeling at any given time are not something that we as individuals have any control over. Nature is just doing its thing. One thing leads to another.

But that's not the same thing as saying that everything is predetermined. There appears to be some randomness thrown in which quantum physics confirms.

So nothing is set in stone. The future is like a branch of possibilities. Some more likely than others. And obviously it's easier to see near-future events than far out ones because of the randomness of life.

WladolfPutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By WladolfPutler
@thereal25 said:
@wladolfputler said:
@thereal25 said:

@palasta:

Think of God as the universe if you like. It's all interconnected and operating as one "machine" if you like. Therefore the thoughts we're thinking, the words we're speaking and the feelings we're feeling at any given time are not something that we as individuals have any control over. Nature is just doing its thing. One thing leads to another.

But that's not the same thing as saying that everything is predetermined. There appears to be some randomness thrown in which quantum physics confirms.

So nothing is set in stone. The future is like a branch of possibilities. Some more likely than others. And obviously it's easier to see near-future events than far out ones because of the randomness of life.

Your post here was the actual result of my comment and everying in my life that went to this point, was in fact nothing but a calculation, just like it could have been calculated and well....forecasted. That is one of my theories.

Analyzing the things you have done this day along with your mind (analyzing your psyche, how and why you do the things you do and when you´re doing them along with what is influencing your thoughts from the outside) and everything what made it all going to this point, could as well been forecasted, just like the weather is.

The only reason why they´re not always so precise with forecasting the weather, is the fact they still not being so advanced with their gear in order to do the needed measurements, but that doesn´t change the fact that weather is just not happening at someones will but just following simple proccesses in nature, who all can be measured and forecasted...and so i think can the thoughts of human beings.

But anyway, this is of my THEORIES as i am always explaining, now what is it with you guys and the fact you´re seemingly talking about some "ultimate truth" rather than theories all the time in here?

How can you be so sure about your....uhm....fact, you just told in your latest post here? Or is it theory after all?

If it ain´t theory, then it means you have been talking to god lately then?