The Trump Train Re-Election Thread (2024 Edition)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8316 Posts

This thread is dedicated to Trumps Re-Election efforts in 2024 and Donald Trump AKA (Greatest president of my lifetime) is off to a good start sweeping the Iowa Caucus. Making History with the biggest gap ever for this Iowa primary!

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Former President Donald Trump scored a record-setting win in the Iowa caucuses on Monday with his rivals languishing far behind, a victory that affirmed his grip on the 2024 Republican presidential nomination.

In what was the lowest-turnout caucus in a quarter-century, participants endured life-threatening cold and dangerous driving conditions to meet in hundreds of schools, churches and community centers across the state. But those who ventured out delivered a roughly 30-point win for Trump that smashed the record for a contested Iowa Republican caucus with a margin of victory exceeding Bob Dole’s nearly 13-percentage-point victory in 1988.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-iowa-caucus-haley-desantis-cold-voting-begins-0af10f1ba21d488af54776b2c8d4028c

Vivek (who imo was second best option) has dropped out and endorsed Trump.

Trump is off to a strong start, does anyone stand a chance against him? Its going to be an interesting year finding out who will be the next president.

Trump won every county but 1 and it was by 1 vote

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1017 Posts

Don't think I will vote for him. As a matter of principle I do not vote for a fraudsters, rapists, anyone who tried to steal an election, or someone who has the worst economic record in history.

Just a little pet peeve list, if you will.

MacaroniMoses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MacaroniMoses
Member since 2003 • 682 Posts

Yeah, no. That guy is a terrible human.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7326 Posts

Trump v Biden... again.

Ssssssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhhh

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

Maybe before this gets locked (as it should) we can make it about an election in general, and not just about Trump?

Trump get's enough attention as it is, and there's a lot of things going on in this country concerning the presidential election that we need to be made aware of that extend far beyond just Trump.

Recommend changing thread title at the very least.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

Anyway, on-topic: with Vivek and Chris dropping out of the race, we are seeing how popular Haley is. I hope something happens to take Trump out of the race and it comes down to Haley and Biden.

I'm not a fan of Haley, not by a long shot, but at least I wouldn't feel completely lost and worried if she won (as opposed to if Trump won).

@judaspete said:

Trump v Biden... again.

Yeah I'm not happy about this pair at all, to be frank. The fact that this is the best the US can do is just pathetic. Really not proud of this.

I mean, their ages alone (both of them, not just Biden) should frankly disqualify them, and why not? You need to be over 35 years old to be president, why not put a maximum age of, oh I don't know...70? On being president.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

Easily the best president of my lifetime. Where as I would have liked to have voted for Ramaswamy hopefully he runs again in the near future. People can make up all the stories they want to make themselves feel better, but he sure as hell beats the puppet Biden.

Hillarious how frightened the Dems are of one man, yet they worship him like a God and can't get the taste of his balls out of their mouth. It's actually quite funny how hard they have tried to take him down, and have failed and failed. Without him several liberal news outlets would have already been forced to close their doors. Which is why they don't actually want him to be brought down... it's just positioning to keep the 🐑 baaing.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15581 Posts

Strong start is an interesting way of putting it. Predictable start, maybe.

For a guy who is for all intents and purposes the incumbent to only get 50% of the vote aint strong. Add to it the turnout was down in Iowa 45% from 2016 despite telling his crazy cult to go out and die in the cold for the vote.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7326 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Right? Haley just comes off so reasonable compared to the rest of these guys. But I guess reasonable isn't exciting enough for the social media age, where politics is grown men fighting to win the loudest dipshit award.

And yes. 70 seems like a good age cap. If you're old enough that it wouldn't be a big shock if you died in your sleep one evening, you're too old for this shit.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56268 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Anyway, on-topic: with Vivek and Chris dropping out of the race, we are seeing how popular Haley is. I hope something happens to take Trump out of the race and it comes down to Haley and Biden.

I'm not a fan of Haley, not by a long shot, but at least I wouldn't feel completely lost and worried if she won (as opposed to if Trump won).

@judaspete said:

Trump v Biden... again.

Yeah I'm not happy about this pair at all, to be frank. The fact that this is the best the US can do is just pathetic. Really not proud of this.

I mean, their ages alone (both of them, not just Biden) should frankly disqualify them, and why not? You need to be over 35 years old to be president, why not put a maximum age of, oh I don't know...70? On being president.

I just think few people aren't gonna show up on Election Day if its the same pair from 2020. This year needs stronger candidates or it's a failed 2024.

As for as Election thread 2024 goes. If @Master_Live is still around and doing an actual Election thread 2024, we'll probably end up pined his thread.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38684 Posts

@robertos said:

Don't think I will vote for him. As a matter of principle I do not vote for a fraudsters, rapists, anyone who tried to steal an election, or someone who has the worst economic record in history.

Just a little pet peeve list, if you will.

setting the bar awfully high there aren't you. let's hope the trump train meets its expected ending

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56268 Posts

It would be cool if Elon Musk could run for President but sadly, the highest he can go is being the State Government. Kinda surprised he hasn't done that...yet tp say the least.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#13 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

With the closure of political gamers and with the inevitable toxicity that comes with the topic, as directed by the higher forces that be, we will be closing any threads around election 2024.