deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Well I don't know how many years are left before this place is dead people seem to be dropping like flies. Maybe it's just me but I feel like every thread has been done on these forums to ad nauseam there's not much left to discuss it's been fun? I myself is just hanging around out of habit TBH watching these forums rot away.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 0

#3 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

Creepy doll sir, no thank you.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer: I take it you are a fan of Chucky huh?

And to TC, you'll be back. They always come back.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

@davillain- said:

The Admins don't. They won't even answer the damn Feedback and Bug Reporting forum. Do you mods even hear from them anymore?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8782 Posts

I don't think it's dead yet, just taking a break.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59163 Posts

Sorry to see you go man. Should stick around, ride the train till the end.

Forums inactive for sure but still active enough to get discussion, at least if you hang around politics or SW. In some ways prefer it from masses of reddit posts. Constantly see people shit on it and throw fits, but eh.

Kinda has like, 17 inactive sections and would probably be better condensed down, and they seem to be redesign the forum continually worse.

Still baffled that i'm looking at a forum where about 60% of the screen space is nothing. Unless there is some giant influx of mobile users, it seems... pretty stupid?

The front page is a big ad now so that's not bringing folk. Gamespot has been accused many times of pandering to Publishers, Kane and Lynch 2 being the ob one, but now it is lit, just ads, Eddie Clickbait and like 10% - 15% of it actually worth consuming.

Def a thing of habit, far more active forums could easily dwell, Discords as well, but this one if familiar.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 br0kenrabbit

@uninspiredcup said:

Def a thing of habit, far more active forums could easily dwell, Discords as well, but this one if familiar.

I mean some of us have been chatting with each other here for a near a couple of decades now. If the forums were half of what they used to be I'd bet traffic would be much higher. But they've apparently put them in non-maintenance mode and just waiting for us to die.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

You guys misunderstood me I'm not leaving I'm staying here out of habit and to watch this place rot away much like life.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

Visiting Gamespot (the forums in particular) has also become a habit of mine. The experience is definitely lackluster what with so few users left but I just don't feel like abandoning ship.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#11 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

@davillain- said:

Not sure what's worse, Annabelle or Chucky...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaVillain  Moderator

@br0kenrabbit: From what I can tell, GS Staff pretty much abandon Bug Reporting & Feedback forums. I do see new threads but have yet to see any replays and not answering questions is a valid concern so I agree.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DEVILinIRON

@uninspiredcup said:

Still baffled that i'm looking at a forum where about 60% of the screen space is nothing. Unless there is some giant influx of mobile users, it seems... pretty stupid?

Hey now. I like using my mobile on this site.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts

@warmblur said:

You guys misunderstood me I'm not leaving I'm staying here out of habit and to watch this place rot away much like life.

me too, dude. Me too.

System Wars and Political Gamers seems pretty active. Of course those are the two most toxic places on here...

Every so often though there will be a week or weekend where nothing happens and I'm just sitting here, poking the forums with a stick, like "Do something".

I'd make threads myself but they usually don't do too well lol

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:
@davillain- said:

The Admins don't. They won't even answer the damn Feedback and Bug Reporting forum. Do you mods even hear from them anymore?

We got admins?

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 br0kenrabbit

@horgen said:

We got admins?

Sleepin wif da fishes, apparently. Red Ventures doesn't **** around.

Dead2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dead2009
Member since 2021 • 32 Posts

Forums have been dying off due to Discord and Twitter so this is nothing new, sadly.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

Been happening for awhile now. I used to spend time in OT obviously, but the topics are pretty boring now.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DEVILinIRON

@LJS9502_basic said: Been happening for awhile now. I used to spend time in OT obviously, but the topics are pretty boring now.

You wound me. I really wish other people posted topics, so I don't have to. It's pretty obvious by looking at he front page, I've been posting topics a lot. It is rather taxing coming up with ideas, after a while. Speeny used to post topics a lot and so did warmblur. I wouldn't mind them posting topics again. Or maybe someone new can take up the mantle. I've kept OT alive for a time, maybe you should be more pro-active here rather than a negative Nancy about my efforts.

Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#21 Dariency
Member since 2003 • 9464 Posts

@davillain- said:

@br0kenrabbit: From what I can tell, GS Staff pretty much abandon Bug Reporting & Feedback forums. I do see new threads but have yet to see any replays and not answering questions is a valid concern so I agree.

Do we even have a Community Manager anymore? I'm guessing not as there probably isn't a need for one now that the forums are way less active. But I do miss the days when the staff would be active in the community and host forum events. That was fun.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DaVillain  Moderator

@warmblur: I took the time what you said regarding how GS has become and what does this mean to me. In the new year, I'm likely removing myself from GS as my personal gaming site. Due to the use of mobile devices these days, I have a gaming news app & I'm on Twitter so I no longer need to click site after site to get the latest gaming news. Sadly, I haven't read gaming news on GS in the last few months, and rarely do I read reviews on here anymore. I only come back here for the forums & system wars but towards the end of this year, it's pretty much been dead. There might be a reply to a topic few poster but for the most parts, its the same annoying trolls/fanboys that taking the slack and hardly any new people. It's also a half protest to how disappointing the site is and how the staff no longer replies to forum posts or hasn't even bothered updating the site since the revamp 2013.

I have wonderful memories of this site and it was a large part of my childhood and teenage years growing up through the end of the PS1/N64 era and into the PS2/Xbox era and beyond while I was still lurking here and finally made a name for myself in 2014. I would read every gaming news article word for word and actively comment on them but not anymore much less I been doing so this year. This isn't my final goodbye post, but I wanted to get all this out there as I'm sure the last few members will eventually leave such as you. I'm just depress how GS did this to themselves and they lost like over 1,000 members is a big deal. So happy gaming and it will be a fitting end going into 2022.

As a wise person once said: Don't cry because its over. But smile because it happened.

@dariency said:
@davillain- said:

Do we even have a Community Manager anymore? I'm guessing not as there probably isn't a need for one now that the forums are way less active. But I do miss the days when the staff would be active in the community and host forum events. That was fun.

We still have a Community manager but I never seen anyone actually interact with the forums now, not even in Bugs Reporting & Feedback for that matter. I too miss the good old days when we had actual active staff members doing fun activities.

As I mention above, this is my last year on this site and to make matters worst, GS is the only gaming site I come to, I'll never go back to IGN as I left that place for good and GS became my favorite home. Hate to leave this place but I guess everything has a beginning and an ending.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@davillain- said:

@warmblur: I took the time what you said regarding how GS has become and what does this mean to me. In the new year, I'm likely removing myself from GS as my personal gaming site. Due to the use of mobile devices these days, I have a gaming news app & I'm on Twitter so I no longer need to click site after site to get the latest gaming news. Sadly, I haven't read gaming news on GS in the last few months, and rarely do I read reviews on here anymore. I only come back here for the forums & system wars but towards the end of this year, it's pretty much been dead. There might be a reply to a topic few poster but for the most parts, its the same annoying trolls/fanboys that taking the slack and hardly any new people. It's also a half protest to how disappointing the site is and how the staff no longer replies to forum posts or hasn't even bothered updating the site since the revamp 2013.

I have wonderful memories of this site and it was a large part of my childhood and teenage years growing up through the end of the PS1/N64 era and into the PS2/Xbox era and beyond while I was still lurking here and finally made a name for myself in 2014. I would read every gaming news article word for word and actively comment on them but not anymore much less I been doing so this year. This isn't my final goodbye post, but I wanted to get all this out there as I'm sure the last few members will eventually leave such as you. I'm just depress how GS did this to themselves and they lost like over 1,000 members is a big deal. So happy gaming and it will be a fitting end going into 2022.

As a wise person once said: Don't cry because its over. But smile because it happened.

We still have a Community manager but I never seen anyone actually interact with the forums now, not even in Bugs Reporting & Feedback for that matter. I too miss the good old days when we had actual active staff members doing fun activities.

As I mention above, this is my last year on this site and to make matters worst, GS is the only gaming site I come to, I'll never go back to IGN as I left that place for good and GS became my favorite home. Hate to leave this place but I guess everything has a beginning and an ending.

That's a shame you are one of the good people here that are left I will miss you for real but I understand. I really don't know how many years I'll be here it's not as fun as it use to be like you say it gets annoying seeing the same fanboys and trolls here day after day. I joined in 2017 after getting banned from Giantbomb from some ban happy mod that I can't even remember what I said or did. Anyways it was refreshing coming here because at Giantbomb most of the threads where about the staff and not video games it seems more of a fanboy site for internet personalities I've noticed the longer I was there. But anyways if you leave I probably wouldn't be that far behind my interest in gaming is pretty low right now and I'm just bored AF.

Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#25 Dariency
Member since 2003 • 9464 Posts

@davillain- said:

I certainly understand your reason for leaving. I was never really a fan of IGN, although to be fair they are still sticking to the traditional review/video review formula and I do respect them for that. The old GameTrailers staff also still do video reviews now as Easy Allies on YouTube. I haven't payed attention to GameSpots video game coverage in years now. As I've said before in another thread, there isn't much market for a video game review website anymore. I get most of my game news from either someone talking about it in a YouTube video, someone retweeting something on Twitter, or a Facebook post. There's just too many outlets now, and Gamespot needs to step up their game and make themselves stand out from the crowd if they want to keep surviving. Thats what they were doing fifteen to twenty years ago and it was great, so it's sad to see how much Gamespot has let itself go. It didn't have to be this way. The GameFAQs community is actually still fairly active, but GameFAQs is also pretty much the same website it always has been. Sometimes change isn't a good thing. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

This and reddit are my go-to forums.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#27 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I tried to reinvigorate this forum a few times, and it never really worked.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#28 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26108 Posts

@davillain- said:

I never came back.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59163 Posts
@JustPlainLucas said:

I tried to reinvigorate this forum a few times, and it never really worked.

While valiant, shouldn't be on your (and a few others back) to keep the forum chuggin' along, if other users complaining basically contributing nothing themselves, have nowt to complain about.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@dead2009 said:

Forums have been dying off due to Discord and Twitter so this is nothing new, sadly.

I still don't know what Discord is.

I recently discovered Reddit. Not a huge fan. And Twitter might be the worst thing ever created.

Avatar image for deactivated-62a8d05d77a44
deactivated-62a8d05d77a44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-62a8d05d77a44
Member since 2021 • 19 Posts

It does seem pretty dead here now. It's been several weeks since a lot of threads got posted to.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2467 Posts
@dead2009 said:

Yet RPGCodex has 194 active members and 246 guests right now. Yet blu-ray.com has 1521 active members right now and 4310 guests. Yet myanimelist has 815 members browsing their forums right now. The only place I visit that's more dead is theescapist, at just 15 members right now and 2 guests. Their fault for banning so many users in the previous version. I mostly blame the forum setup and rules for this site's demise. Way too many shit-posts in System Wars.

This is also the only forum I go to in which any slightly old thread gets locked if bumped. Which is dumb. I mean, if you're still discussing the same game that has yet to be released, for example, why the heck would you make a thirtieth thread about it instead of simply continuing one of the old ones. Maybe someone gets a reply to their post weeks or months later and then has a reason to come back and contribute a bit more. That's how it works on almost any other forum.

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

I'm not sure but I feel it's always been that activity rate here. I mean in all the Forums of Gamespot.

The_Vampress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#34 The_Vampress
Member since 2006 • 6472 Posts

Once upon a time ago this place was hoping busy... would be recent activity in a whole page if not two.

and of course there was union boards >.<

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

Funny people are just starting to realize this. This site has been dying ever since they gutted it alive several years back. It's still fun from time to time to see the meltdowns and horrible opinions though.. lol.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38684 Posts

Last one out, turn off the lights

uas-2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37  Edited By uas-2001
Member since 2005 • 18781 Posts

GameSpot's golden era was in the 2000's, been downhill since then. When they killed off the Unions, a lot of members left.