Veggeta_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Veggeta_X
Member since 2005 • 38 Posts

Went to Autozone and bought some new windshield wipers and politely asked the rep to do it and he gave me a cold ass look like he didn't wanna do it. He must hate his job. He gave me the "You want me to wipe you ass too?" look.

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#2 GNS
Member since 2015 • 923 Posts

Oh, poor you.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

I don't think they do that. They do install batteries though.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8441 Posts

I once asked for extra sauce and they got mad.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8781 Posts

It's kind of a pain in the ass to put wipers on. But not really once you figure it out, which shouldn't be long. Also, I suppose you could have offered to tip the guy. Maybe provide some motivation.

timemasheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 timemasheen
Member since 2015 • 489 Posts

I used to work at O'Reilly Auto Parts a long time ago and you are supposed to install wipers if someone asks for help. I don't about Autozone. Seems lazy to me.

Veggeta_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Veggeta_X
Member since 2005 • 38 Posts

@timemasheen: The customer or the worker?

timemasheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 timemasheen
Member since 2015 • 489 Posts

@Veggeta_X: The worker. Its fucking easy to work at an auto parts store. It might be boring or you have to restock heavy shit, but the job is not that hard. Maybe the customer doesn't know how and needs help. They could be shown how and do it from then on. It's pretty easy once you know what do.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44620 Posts

If it's not in their job duties they should just say so. Regardless, rude. But typical these days with lower entry level jobs unable to find decent workers, they'll take those worthless deadbeats.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

Unless you are being directly insulting, I don't really understand why people (the employee) get so bent out of shape over things in the above context.

You either are, as a customer, unaware of their rules/policy/work habits and can be politely notified "Sorry sir, we don't/are not allowed to work on cars" and then say something about how it's a liability issue or store policy or something.

Or, ideally, you help out. Unless they're busy, I doubt they really have anything better to do. I've worked retail; we got some pain in the ass requests sometimes, but I generally enjoyed the odd curveball or feeling useful to someone when they had a question or request I could accommodate.

There's no reason for an employee to be rude over an initial request, though.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts
@lamprey263 said:

If it's not in their job duties they should just say so. Regardless, rude. But typical these days with lower entry level jobs unable to find decent workers, they'll take those worthless deadbeats.

I don't want to get too "old man yelling on the porch" but I feel like the modern world has gotten a bit too "aggro" at times. People need to slow down, give each other the benefit of the doubt.

We talk about people being "woke" but maybe we just forgot how to be polite and mind our manners, and have maybe enjoyed alienating people too much as sport.

Conversely, we talk about being offended but maybe we don't give people a chance and jump straight to being triggered. We all have bad days, practice a bit of patience.

I see people in entry-level jobs and, while I don't think they should kill themselves for meagre pay, it's still a job and you should do your best to a point.

Anyway that's my long version of agreein with you: people are rude when they don't need to be. Let's all just chill, you know?

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

Well I mean.... if you want new wipers installed get a full oil change service. An auto parts store isn't obligated to help you install them.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

@DEVILinIRON:

Yeah using scissors to cut through the plastic that the wipers are in is a pain.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8781 Posts

@eni232: Huuuge

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4247 Posts

@Veggeta_X: he doesn’t seem like a nice fella. If he knows how to change wipers, he should’ve gone ahead and done it as a favor to the customer.