DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8781 Posts

I just started reading a book about parallel universes called The Hidden Reality by Brian Greene. It's slightly dated because the Higgs Boson hadn't been proven yet. Anyhoo, there's stuff in it about parallel universes and I was just wondering if anyone has any thoughts, insights and recommendations?

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

I wonder if they have COVID19

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DEVILinIRON

@kadin_kai: Very possibly much worse: COVID20!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#4 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Not scientific, but there's a cool series on HBO called Devs that touches the subject and it's worth watching.

To me personally is something irrelevant. Everything is mostly speculative right now. I'm sure it's fascinating for those who work on the subject and it might get crazy practical applications in a distant future. I'm like, interesting but whatever.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#5 madrocketeer  Online
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Well, if the String Theory (specifically, the M Theory) is right, then there are probably other universes on other Branes. Unfortunately, String Theory is still merely mathematically elegant, and still hasn't made a testable prediction.

I've also read a little about a few other multiverse theories, but I haven't really read up on them in any detail. I only really know about the one implied by the String Theory.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#6 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I wish I was in one that's better then this shit we are in now I do find the concept very interesting there's alot decent movies to watch about them. But since we are talking about stuff like this I also find the simulation theory very fascinating this is pretty mind blowing clip I'm sure some of you have seen this before.

Loading Video...

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Probably exist. Are not falsifiable.

What does this mean? They cannot be scientifically measured by any means, but mathematical principles behind quantum physics and the Copenhagan interpretation lend some credence to the possibility of their existence.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Taking drugs like DMT and Ayahuasca can open you up to a different dimensions. People described that they were in different worlds populated by different aliens like humanoid insects, darwves, elfs, gnomes, lizards who can read minds and other people. So, its possible. Look it up if you don't believe me.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts
@HoolaHoopMan said:

What does this mean? They cannot be scientifically measured by any means, but mathematical principles behind quantum physics and the Copenhagan interpretation lend some credence to the possibility of their existence.

It's been said that perhaps the reason gravity is so weak compared to the other forces is because it is leaking out of our universe. If this is the case, that's one avenue of investigation.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

It's been said that perhaps the reason gravity is so weak compared to the other forces is because it is leaking out of our universe. If this is the case, that's one avenue of investigation.

I'd be dumbfounded to see how that's measurable. But I'm sure there are far smarter people our there that could find something creative.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@br0kenrabbit said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

I'd be dumbfounded to see how that's measurable. But I'm sure there are far smarter people our there that could find something creative.

They've just started observing gravitational waves only recently. Maybe something will show up there?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@watercrack445 said:

Taking drugs like DMT and Ayahuasca can open you up to a different dimensions. People described that they were in different worlds populated by different aliens like humanoid insects, darwves, elfs, gnomes, lizards who can read minds and other people. So, its possible. Look it up if you don't believe me.

Yeah, that shit has always fascinated me I never did DMT but I've done other psychedelics in the past and it really makes you see the world different. It's like having every single thought you ever had in your head at once it's very intense.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

I love the ideas of parallel universes. Do I believe in it though? Do I believe that there are 2 of you, 2 of me, 2 of everybody and everything from this earth in another that is following the exact same time and actions that we are? No., I don't. I do believe that there is a universe out there that does have a planet with humanoid like living creatures on it that are equally as smart. How far away are they from us? Far enough that we will never make contact with each other or ever have any kind of clue that they exist. Even if they don't exist, they just don't exist YET, but, they will, or hell, maybe they did exist and we're the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 10,000,000,000th wave of humanoids to live on a living planet. All we can do is fantasize about them, just like how they probably fantasize about us.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DEVILinIRON
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

If you are curious about alternate universes, go watch the show Counterpart. I just sort of spoiled it, but not that much, they reveal it in the first 15 minutes.

It's really, really, really good. It's got my boy J K Simmons, too! Alternate realities, espionage, spycraft, good acting, good writing, drama, action...the whole package.

And! AND! super relevant in this time of COVID.

Loading Video...
@DEVILinIRON said:

I just started reading a book about parallel universes called The Hidden Reality by Brian Greene. It's slightly dated because the Higgs Boson hadn't been proven yet. Anyhoo, there's stuff in it about parallel universes and I was just wondering if anyone has any thoughts, insights and recommendations?

I don't really have much insight into it (see my recommendation above) but I do find the idea fascinating, and fairly believable. Maybe? I've heard some theories and I mean the science is there I suppose.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DEVILinIRON

@mrbojangles25: Thanks! I'll check out Counterpart.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14815 Posts

I don't really have an opinion on it. They could exist, they might not and what is just is. There's a lot of good, interesting, fiction on the matter though. Star Trek had some good episodes on parallel universes.

-TNG there is Yesterday's Enterprise, which is a badass episode, where the Federation is at war with the Klingons.
-There are several mirror universe episodes of DS9.
-In Voyager there was one bad dude, that called everyone a dumbass, that could erase people from the timeline, changing reality.
-The Nazis were winning WWII in an episode of Enterprise when they went back in time.

Speaking of Nazis, The Man in the High Castle is an interesting take on how America would be if the Axis Powers won WWII.

There's the Mandela Effect, where some people believe that proved the existence of parallel universes.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

@DEVILinIRON said:

@mrbojangles25: Thanks! I'll check out Counterpart.

Oh and also Man in the High Castle.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I've seen some weird shit in my life that I cannot explain so I believe they exist.