Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Have you guys been watching?

Loving it so far and has renewed my interest in the mcu. Like that it is doing something different than what we usually get from the mcu. Also like the direction it seems to be going and wonder just how much this will play into subsequent marvel projects. This past episodes ending opens up a lot of possibilities.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts

Saw the first two episodes. Kind of dull actually.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7348 Posts

I like it. A fun homage to classic sitcoms that's been getting more sinister as it slowly reveals what's actually going on. After 20 movies that were all staring to feel a bit too similar, this is exactly what the franchise needed. Looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50647 Posts

First three episodes are straight garbage. 4th was decent 5th was good. Took way too long setting this up.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dave123321

Loved the first three eps. Could see why some may not have felt it if they were expecting something else but thought it really did underlying dread well as well as nailing the sitcom stuff it was going for. I’ll miss the first half’s tone and set up as it moves into a new status quo

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dave123321

@LJS9502_basic: big fan of old sitcoms so got a kick out of the shows focus on dealing with the sitcoms storylines in the first two eps. After that though the shows increasingly shifts to dealing with what’s going on and the sitcom stuff melds into the story at large. Given that vision is very much dead , it gives everything this underlying sense of dread as things progress and you wonder just how things will end when the inevitable happens. I’d say give ep 3 a shot.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

No. I'm a little burned out on the MCU so I'm not planning to watch any of the shows featuring side characters. Rather wait for Spiderman and Doctor Strange which are going to do some crazy things with the multiverse (allegedly).

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dave123321

@johnd13: you will probably want to check it out as this feels less of a side thing and increasingly more like the catalyst for the next phase of movies.

Plus it feels refreshing to get something different than what we usually get from the mcu

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2058 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: the first 2 episodes are boring, but it gets better after that

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56359 Posts

I let my Disney+ expired and WandaVison isn't something I'm interest watching either. Only MCU movie I'm really waiting for is Black Widow to be honest.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8466 Posts

Yep I've been watching and it's been awesome. I really love the premise of the show taking a big bite out of the House of M comic book storyline.

The first three episodes keep things vague, washing itself into the sitcom motif more than propelling the plot. I can understand why some weren't sold on the first three episodes, but things really kick into MCU gear once episodes 4 and 5 come into play, and the show is getting awesome and tonally things are shifting more into the horror genre (setting up for the next Doctor Strange I see).

After Endgame I was pretty burnt on the MCU and I was not sure how interested I'd be in the next phases; if they keep things fresh and engaging like WandaVision, I'll be eating up MCU for many years more.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jaydan

@davillain-: You're missing out on a show I'm certain you would enjoy.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jaydan

@johnd13 said:

No. I'm a little burned out on the MCU so I'm not planning to watch any of the shows featuring side characters. Rather wait for Spiderman and Doctor Strange which are going to do some crazy things with the multiverse (allegedly).

Be aware WandaVision will play directly into the events of the upcoming Spider-Man and Doctor Strange. If you're eager for the multiverse then look no further than WandaVision.

If you skip on the show and you go straight to the other movies, chances are you're setting yourself up to being lost over what's going on. WandaVision is also introducing a bunch of new characters to the MCU. I'm pretty sure by time you get to Doctor Strange, some of these characters will be already established and you'll just be like "where did they come from?"

You got nothing to lose with WandaVision. I was pretty burnt out on the MCU as well, but this show is bringing my interest back.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

The show has been great since episode 1, I'm not sure how people could be bored by the first couple of episodes? Yes they leaned hard into b&w older sitcoms but there was a sense that something was off and just enough small hints to keep you guessing and wondering what was actually going on. For me I think they actually revealed what was going on to early, I was really enjoying the growing dread and underlining "wtf is going on" vibe they were creating. But I guess you can't expect people with little to zero attention spans to understand that.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jaydan

@vfighter said:

The show has been great since episode 1, I'm not sure how people could be bored by the first couple of episodes? Yes they leaned hard into b&w older sitcoms but there was a sense that something was off and just enough small hints to keep you guessing and wondering what was actually going on. For me I think they actually revealed what was going on to early, I was really enjoying the growing dread and underlining "wtf is going on" vibe they were creating. But I guess you can't expect people with little to zero attention spans to understand that.

Considering the show was advertised like a sitcom, I'm surprised some people are thrown-off by the fact the first several episodes would be at least of the sitcom nature.

The sitcom structure is just a distraction over the fact we're watching MCU magic at play. The first three episodes are littered with subtle references and Truman Show-esque goodness. The first episodes are funner to watch when you've watched enough of the season to know what's going on, because then you really pick up on the details.

I think the pacing is also good. The fact they're lifting the curtains on things this early on, shows there's plenty other stuff to explore for the rest of the season. My theory: the rest of the season will focus on a deteriorating relationship between Wanda and Vision. S.W.O.R.D. will continue to threaten Wanda's safety. Agnes and Quicksilver will be revealed to be new villains in the MCU. Agnes is pulling much of the strings to make it look like Wanda is responsible for everything. Quicksilver I believe is an imposter and he will be revealed to be a villain yet revealed. Things will get pushed so far Wanda goes crazy and she becomes the villainous Scarlett Witch that will ripple through the MCU going forward.

^^ if that's where the MCU is heading, I'm actually very excited.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10538 Posts

i watched the first episode and really didn't get what i was watching. it all went a bit over my head. like, if it was supposed to be full of clever, arrested development style self-references to the mcu, they were too subtle or esoteric for me. i worry i might have a "little to zero" attention span

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

@dave123321: @jaydan: The thing is I'm not interested to sit through a whole season just for the few important plot points that will affect the future of the MCU, when I can just look them up online. I was actually surprised to learn about the character that showed up in episode 5. Quicksilver is one of the few things I liked about the latest X-Men movies. I hope he'll become a proper member of the MCU.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jaydan

@johnd13 said:

@dave123321: @jaydan: The thing is I'm not interested to sit through a whole season just for the few important plot points that will affect the future of the MCU, when I can just look them up online. I was actually surprised to learn about the character that showed up in episode 5. Quicksilver is one of the few things I liked about the latest X-Men movies. I hope he'll become a proper member of the MCU.

That is your choice, and in my opinion your loss if you decide to skip out on WandaVision. The show is more than just a few important plot points, but qualified entertainment as well.

You got nothing to lose, and if you like a Truman Show meets Black Mirror type of creation in the MCU, there's a lot of fun to be had. If you're invested in the MCU at all, you really got nothing to lose with WandaVision.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: the latest episode changes the entire mcu.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jaydan

Most recent episode was great. It ended on a massive cliffhanger, but one I think cues that Scarlett Witch is finally waking up and leaves me pumped for next week's episode. I think next week will be a very explosive episode with how things are getting stacked up.

I'm starting to see WandaVision is the MCU's X-Men origin story. For those of you still on the fence about this show, I think the long-awaited intro to X-Men is something to consider.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dave123321

Today’s episode was fantastic

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127526 Posts

How long are the episodes?

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jaydan

@horgen: Each of them have been roughly 30-40 minute episodes.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 horgen  Moderator

@jaydan said:

Not to bad. I have realized I am more likely to watch it if the episodes are shorter, but to short and the show is not interesting either.

Thinking about getting Disney + for this show and the Mandalorian

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jaydan

@horgen said:
@jaydan said:

Not to bad. I have realized I am more likely to watch it if the episodes are shorter, but to short and the show is not interesting either.

WandaVision has been fantastic, and far exceeding my expectations for MCU television. If they keep this up with the TV shows, I think we'll get to a point in time of serious debate between MCU television vs. movies.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dave123321

@horgen: first 4 or so are around 22 mins without credits. The last few have been half an hour

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 horgen  Moderator

@dave123321 said:

@horgen: first 4 or so are around 22 mins without credits. The last few have been half an hour

That was shorter than expected.

Felixkoch2312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Felixkoch2312
Member since 2021 • 19 Posts

Not to terrible. I have acknowledged I am bound to watch it if the scenes are more limited, yet to short and the show isn't fascinating by the same token.

Contemplating getting Disney + for this show and the Mandalorian

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LJS9502_basic

@horgen said:
@jaydan said:

I got if for the Marvel/Star Wars shows. Mandalorian is really good. Wanda Vision is okay.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58484 Posts

I'm loving it. The buildup of the first two episodes leading into the third was great, and from there it has been all gravy.

Used to watch all these old sitcoms when I was a kid, so it was a nice bit of nostalgia seeing this homage to various decades of television.

Then the typical MCU stuff kicked in and I really like it. Has me looking forward to the fourth phase of the MCU universe, which is apparently going to be focused on magic, the multiverse, and seems like it is going to be really trippy.

I am confused by a few things, but it's a good kind of confusion, like "hey let's see where this goes".

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1358 Posts

Doesn’t really catch my interest so I’ll probably pass on this one.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#34 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59290 Posts

@horgen said:
@jaydan said:

Recommend Clone Wars. IMO it's better Mandalorian, Rebels as well even if the first season is terrible.

On topic, watched the first two episodes of Wandavision, wasn't doing it. Felt like a poor mans Twin Peaks.

Stick with it. A lot of shows just need to bloom.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jaydan

@uninspiredcup: I think the show gets progressively great, but I think it also depends on your MCU tolerance.

It's really hard to put a finger on any one episode and say it defines WandaVision, because it's constantly changing by the episode.

The first couple episodes don't really budge much outside the sitcom premise, but after a few in the plot and story turns into familiar MCU character drama along with introducing new characters.

It's been a lot of fun watching each week and I'm looking forward to the conclusion.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 horgen  Moderator

@uninspiredcup said:
@horgen said:
@jaydan said:

Recommend Clone Wars. IMO it's better Mandalorian, Rebels as well even if the first season is terrible.

On topic, watched the first two episodes of Wandavision, wasn't doing it. Felt like a poor mans Twin Peaks.

Clone wars... Canon or not?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 uninspiredcup

@horgen: Canon. Stuff from Mandalorian is taken from it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LJS9502_basic

@uninspiredcup said:
@horgen said:
@jaydan said:

Clone Wars is alright. But Mandalorian is better so far.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 uninspiredcup

@LJS9502_basic said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@horgen said:
@jaydan said:

Feel free to expand upon that statement.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LJS9502_basic

@uninspiredcup said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Clone Wars is fairly repetitive.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By uninspiredcup

@LJS9502_basic said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Clone Wars is fairly repetitive.

Huh?

> Mando walks into town

> Town in trouble

> Is this an enemy? No, it's actually an ally

> They work together to help towns people

> Breadcrumb of information, next town

That's Mandalorian pretty much. It's purposefully designed to be simplistic in nature as it takes inspiration from Westerns and is designed as an entry point for people who have litte interest in Starwars.

The plotline is "I must take baby to thing".

Clone Wars is a anthology series made of multiple segmented stories spanning multiple characters across multiple ideas.

It's writing and story weaving is generally far more sophistical regardless of being something that started on Cartoon Network.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jaydan

while y'all derailing the thread talking about Star Wars, I'd like to say the most recent episode of WandaVision was excellent.

I am inclined to say this episode is the true origin story to Scarlett Witch. Wanda never really had a proper origin in the MCU, but this episode makes up for that.

Well there's only one episode left and all the chess pieces are in position. I'm really looking forward to what I suspect will be an action-packed finale.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 LJS9502_basic

@jaydan said:

while y'all derailing the thread talking about Star Wars, I'd like to say the most recent episode of WandaVision was excellent.

I am inclined to say this episode is the true origin story to Scarlett Witch. Wanda never really had a proper origin in the MCU, but this episode makes up for that.

Well there's only one episode left and all the chess pieces are in position. I'm really looking forward to what I suspect will be an action-packed finale.

LOL I was bored with it before it ended.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jaydan

@LJS9502_basic: Okay, but that doesn't hinder the fact this is not a Star Wars thread.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LJS9502_basic

@jaydan said:

@LJS9502_basic: Okay, but that doesn't hinder the fact this is not a Star Wars thread.

I was talking about WandaVision. Pay attention.