What areas would you say you have experience in?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8777 Posts

For me it's pinball, music (punk and jazz mostly), and films. I have experience in making music, as well. More than your average person, let's say. Guitar, Bass guitar and the piano. Of course there is always something new to learn about your own areas of knowledge, so don't be shy in letting us know what you know.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#3 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6090 Posts

Nothing really,I’m not knowledgeable or bright. Been bullied for most of my life for being overweight and mentally slow. I was an easy target growing up and I guess I still am.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23038 Posts

@brimmul777: If it's any consolation, pure intelligence is overrated. You can get further than most with a little curiosity and an eagerness to listen to others.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DEVILinIRON
@mattbbpl said:

@brimmul777: If it's any consolation, pure intelligence is overrated. You can get further than most with a little curiosity and an eagerness to listen to others.

I may be too late to salvage this thread, but I changed the topic title.

Loading Video...

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1059 Posts

Programming, engineering, security, medical, music, first responder, cooking, baking, raising kids

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14806 Posts

Drugs

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#8  Edited By dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16005 Posts

Hockey, religion and jinns. Jinns are basically like spirits; I don't see them, but I can hear them and speak to them. Some of them just want to harm me, while others are very friendly. On several occasions, I have had some jinns help me recover from panic attacks. Not all jinns are bad -- some are good. I don't consider myself a medium/channeler/fortune teller, though. I don't do readings or anything like that.

About 9 years ago, I was having a really bad panic attack. A male jinn suggested that I should read a book. I thought "Well that's kind of a weird thing to say", but I did. As soon as I started reading, the panic attack completely dissipated. I don't know how this jinn knew that that would happen, but I am very grateful nonetheless.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DEVILinIRON

@dracula_16 said:

Hockey, religion and jinns. Jinns are basically like spirits; I don't see them, but I can hear them and speak to them. Some of them just want to harm me, while others are very friendly. On several occasions, I have had some jinns help me recover from panic attacks. Not all jinns are bad -- some are good. I don't consider myself a medium/channeler/fortune teller, though. I don't do readings or anything like that.

About 9 years ago, I was having a really bad panic attack. A male jinn suggested that I should read a book. I thought "Well that's kind of a weird thing to say", but I did. As soon as I started reading, the panic attack completely dissipated. I don't know how this jinn knew that that would happen, but I am very grateful nonetheless.

That's awesome. I believe there are things outside of most of my senses and they may as well be called jinns. Weird instances with these things, inexplicable through current scientific means. In my instances there seems to be a correlation with intuition.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58340 Posts

I'm a good cook. Was a professional cook for damn near 15 years (high school, through college then after college for a bit).

Good listener, I must have "one of those faces" because people just love coming up to me and talking to me about their problems. I don't mind, but it can be a burden. I don't give advice though I just listen and ask questions.

Hard working. I don't know if I could be happy with a desk job, I need some hard work and labor in my life.

Good at tolerating bad situations (though this is also bad), which makes me resilient.

Naturally curious, and loves to research.

@mattbbpl said:

Very refreshing to hear this.

The way I heard it expressed is "Intelligence is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad."

I think intelligence is generally overvalued, while wisdom is undervalued. We've become a society of people that know a lot, but don't know what to do with that information (or don't know how to put it to good use and use it for ill).

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#11 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59016 Posts

Useless lout.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DEVILinIRON

@uninspiredcup said:

Useless lout.

Wat. You've got a wealth of film knowledge from what I've seen.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127508 Posts

@DEVILinIRON said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Useless lout.

Wat. You've got a wealth of film knowledge from what I've seen.

Usefull lout?

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 690 Posts

I have been a Chinese to English interpreter in many occasions and even though it's not currently my job I am sadly still asked to do it on occasion. I can do it, but I don't enjoy it.

I am good at doing big data analysis too, as that has been my job for a while.

Also as hobby I can play guitar (not well) and can teach a person how to train for hypertrophy.

I am also a fairly competent japanese and Portuguese speaker (my native is Spanish) and a great swimmer though I would not be able to teach anyone how to do that.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 690 Posts

@mrbojangles25: I fully agree with you. Intelligence is not as important as wisdom, and intelligence is also not as improvable as wisdom. And we are all better off focusing on the thing that we can improve instead of suffering the things we can't.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

Never been the sharpest tool in the shed, nor am I educated. Cheated on my chemistry exam to get into college and ended up dropping out. Hard for me to retain interest in areas I don't find practical.

I have 5 kids that I couldn't imagine my life without, so fatherhood would be my vocation.

@brimmul777 said:

Nothing really,I’m not knowledgeable or bright. Been bullied for most of my life for being overweight and mentally slow. I was an easy target growing up and I guess I still am.

Similar, except I was underweight. Still managed to find happiness, something not every smart person does.

In my experience, there is nothing more bitter than an intelligent person who lacks success. Extremely unlikable people.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#17 strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

Skiing and soccer.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

Overthinking

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44574 Posts

Either I'm not skilled in shit or I'm way too modest.