Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12141 Posts

Glorious days ahead to all! I will be leaving my current job to focus on my own business and work fully remote, that also means now I can live anywhere.

I have been living in Colorado and I’m over it. I have been really partial to the west coast, but I hear mixed things about every state out there.

I went to Boston once and that seemed like a great place, so maybe even places in the north east.

Even open to places outside the US, because as we all know it’s getting crazy here lol.

Rewgle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 Rewgle
Member since 2022 • 410 Posts

I'd say somewhere on the Eastern side of the US, but it's really up to you where. You've got to do some research and see what different states have to offer, how expensive they are, how populated places are, and find what seems like a step up from Colorado.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58424 Posts

Well I am biased, but I'd say give California a shot. I can honestly say I have never had an encounter with someone that was truly terrible.

Just don't go any further south that Santa Barbara; Northern California is where you want to be. Should probably stay out of the Central Valley as well (might as well be the South).

What is your budget? I suppose that is the biggest question. And do you want to own a home or you OK renting?

kriggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By kriggy
Member since 2008 • 1314 Posts

I think the first question you'd want to ask yourself is whether you're a city person or a country person? That will at least narrow down your scope a bit!

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9581 Posts

I've lived in CA and now IL. I suggest neither. If you're looking to move West then honestly I suggest Arizona or Nevada.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I never been to but if I was going to move outside of the U.S. it would probably be Vancouver Canada. I hear good things mostly. Although pricing is high from what I've read I know it sounds stupid but I've kinda fallen in love with the place looking up film locations. There's just something about it that I can't put my finger on but it seems peaceful. There's so many little towns that I love the look of I daydream about living there maybe in alternative reality.

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ZELDABOTW2
Member since 2021 • 664 Posts

I live in ca but have thought about moving to AZ. I cant seem to catch a break and been doing nothing but job hutting for years without being able to find a job and stuck at a job I hate. I got out of the job like a year and a half ago to only have the place I work at bought out a few months later and the place is going to close end of this month and worried I am going to have to go back to past job that made me want to kill my self no joke been stuck in depression for like 10 years thinks to broken job market. Where I live is small and on top of that is a retirement town meaning very little for jobs. The towns like 30 minutes or so away are bigger but also cost of living is even higher and than of course gas prices.

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ZELDABOTW2
Member since 2021 • 664 Posts

I really wish more stats had ca weather just about ever other state the weather sucks. I cant stand cold weather. Where I live average winter day is about 50 and it rains like 70% of the time in the winter but I no that is like warm compared to most other places. If not really cold than most other places are really humid cant stand high humidity. When I have looked at other places it seems like its hard to find the combination of nice weather and a job market. Like I like heat over all but AZ is a little too hot but rather deal with extreme heat over like blizzards. There are a few parts from looking in AZ that are not to bad for heat but than they are smaller towns meaning good luck finding a job or have a really high price of living. Have thought about Glendale area before being its got like 20 times has many people has where I live and is also close to like Phoenix meaning much better job market than where I live. But I don't want to move without having a job lined up has I am not confident I can find a job fast with my lack of being able to find a job where I am at now now matter how much I bust my butt of. I know you have temp agencies but seems like normally you have to go in there to like fill out paper work. Its one thing to travel to a place that is far for a job interview but to travel to a place that is far just to fell out paper work when you may not even get a interview just seems crazy. Tired of hearing everone is looking to higher because it's just not true. If it was I wouldn't be at 10+ years basically without being able to find a job. Ever one expects you to have lots of experience now days and like a 4 year degree and no one wants to train any more. When I look on like indeed and such like 80% of jobs I am not qualified for. Out of the remaining like 20% of jobs well you are 1 of like 100 people who apply meaning 1 of those people is likely going to have more education or experience or both meaning you don't really have a chance.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14816 Posts

Alabama

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts
@girlusocrazy said:

Move to the place closest to Bluepoint where you can shout at the building:

"Make a Bloodborne remake, get Sony on that 60fps patch and Bloodborne sequel, get them to make a PC port,"

And you can just do that over and over and over.

While maintaining your business of course.

Your consistent love for Bloodborne is amazing.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38684 Posts

i hear great things about Floriduh

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

@comp_atkins said:

i hear great things about Floriduh

Not a bad place to live, honestly.

OP, it would be easier to make a recommendation if you shared things you like or care about.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#14  Edited By dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16023 Posts

Puerto Rico is a nice place to go. I went there on a vacation with my family (it was on a cruise). The people of San Juan are great. I thought that there would be a language barrier because we don't speak spanish. It was fine, though; just about everyone we met spoke some english. Our taxi driver took us on a tour of San Juan; it's got a rich history. There's a lot of cool stores and the people are super nice.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#15 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6101 Posts

I’m Canadian but if I would move to a place where the grass is greener on the other side I’d move somewhere where it’s warm year round. Fed up with the cold and the snow. The biggest issue with Canada is its weather. Obviously there’s tonnes of problems with Canada like anyplace else but the winter weather is crap. I’d give up both of my legs just to live in a safe,warm climate State or Country. Screw the winters.