What was the last nice thing you did for someone?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45228 Posts

I got gifts for the holidays and mailed it to friends without notice lol. How about you, OT?

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16017 Posts

My brother and I carried my parents' new toilet up the stairs (where their bedroom and bathroom is). My parents are getting old, so they couldn't have done it by themselves. That thing was heavy!

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#4 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6098 Posts

I was walking to work and I noticed something blackish on the cement from approx 30 or so feet and I went to see what it was and it turned out to be someone’s wallet. Nearly $300 in Canadian cash and $200 in U.S. money. There was credit cards, drivers license, personal ID cards,medical insurance cards,etc…… So I got a buddy to drive to his home and hand him the wallet. I couldn’t go with him,had to stay at work but my friend said when he went to this man’s place and gave back his wallet,he supposedly looked like he was going to faint. The man was amazed someone brought back his wallet with nothing missing from it. The man was grateful for our honesty and gave my friend $50 out of it, but I was just happy to try to do the right thing. I think my parents would have been happy/proud of me for doing that.🥹

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8780 Posts

I hope I do nice little things all the time. But the last nice thing, that I can remember, was giving an elderly woman a 30 min. ride into town. She had been asking random strangers, me included for a ride. She was not very coherent on the way there. Mumbled quite a bit. I can't remember her saying thanks for the ride either, hahah. But that's ok.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1164 Posts

I showed up to work yesterday. Doubtless the owners appreciated it. :3

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#8 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59064 Posts

Dogs were doing their typical begging while eating chippie, so ended up just giving them half the chippie.

Their phycological manipulation s too strong.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

Made dinner for a couple of families.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58375 Posts

Hosted Dungeons and Dragons. I enjoy it of course but it's a lot of work sometimes.

Two old ladies live next door, every once in a while one of them slips and needs to be picked up. Happened again last week, so I had to go over and pick her up and carry her to her room. They're nice but they really need to be in an assisted living type of situation.

@brimmul777 said:

I was walking to work and I noticed something blackish on the cement from approx 30 or so feet and I went to see what it was and it turned out to be someone’s wallet. Nearly $300 in Canadian cash and $200 in U.S. money. There was credit cards, drivers license, personal ID cards,medical insurance cards,etc…… So I got a buddy to drive to his home and hand him the wallet. I couldn’t go with him,had to stay at work but my friend said when he went to this man’s place and gave back his wallet,he supposedly looked like he was going to faint. The man was amazed someone brought back his wallet with nothing missing from it. The man was grateful for our honesty and gave my friend $50 out of it, but I was just happy to try to do the right thing. I think my parents would have been happy/proud of me for doing that.🥹

I've been on both ends of that, it feels really good. Nothing like a well-returned wallet to lift one's spirits, both as returner and returnee.

Really restores one's faith in humanity.

Avatar image for masterkiller103
Masterkiller103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11 Masterkiller103
Member since 2022 • 468 Posts

I gave money to homeless War veteran on the street.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18800 Posts

Randomly bought a friend a $20 Wingstop gift card.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1403 Posts

I rescued a lil spider out of a toilet bowl.

I opened the lid, and there was the spider, sitting in the middle of the pond. A piece of TP and a complient spider made my rescue effort a success.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 InEMplease
Member since 2009 • 7461 Posts

@palasta said:

I opened the lid, and there was the spider, sitting in the middle of the pond. A piece of TP and a complient spider made my rescue effort a success.

Save the spiders

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34660 Posts

Told my gf she looks very cute today before she went to work. She became instantly happy and said she really needed to hear that.
Been calling my father a lot lately who suffers from depression because I know how just hearing my voice helps him a lot.
Told my friend to give me a call when he needs to move, and I'll come by to help.
Helped some customers at work more than I needed and get paid for, since I easily could. Helped an old lady who had to change some stuff within our company due to her husband's death. She teared up in the phone when telling me which almost made me tear up, so I talked to her extra long and listened to some stories and stuff. Sounded like she felt better before we hung up.

Just small things like that.

@palasta said:

I do that all the time. :P Doesn't matter what kind of bug I find. Takes 2 seconds to save a little life, who wouldn't?

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

Me and my sister bought an armchair for mom, both paying a half. To be honest I don't know if it counts as a nice thing from me because it was sister's idea and I felt like it would be bad to say no. So it was this month's "thing that got in the way of my saving plan".

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

Bought my little sis some games yesterday I dunno if that really is a good thing lol.
But at least she had fun with them.

Avatar image for masterkiller103
Masterkiller103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19 Masterkiller103
Member since 2022 • 468 Posts

@kitty said:

Bought my little sis some games yesterday I dunno if that really is a good thing lol.

But at least she had fun with them.

If she enjoyed it, it was a kind thing.

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2383 Posts

Opened the bathroom window to let the room air out after my nephew smoked a joint in there before his dad got home. He's still too young to realize everyone but you can smell the weed dude.

Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 Realmjumper
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts

Bought my aunt some KFC BBQ Wings :).