Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12141 Posts

Sometimes it looks fun, but then I watch guys stream games they clearly hate forb8 hours a day.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1164 Posts

No. I would rather be up and active rather than staring at a screen all day, sitting down in a dimly lit room.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14811 Posts

No

Avatar image for n4ughtygamergir
n4ughtygamergir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 n4ughtygamergir
Member since 2023 • 10 Posts

Yes, I used to stream a lot but stopped a few years ago. Thinking of starting again soon.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58375 Posts

**** no. And have essentially the world know who I am? I'm not crazy.

It would be kind of fun to do it anonymously though. I suppose I wouldn't need people to see my face, especially if I'm just doing some video game "let's play" type stuff.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mrbojangles25
@girlusocrazy said:

Only if I want to hate myself

Loading Video...

What was that?

I feel like I am missing something. Who is Mr Beast?

Poarstman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Poarstman
Member since 2013 • 285 Posts

No I think I want to keep my interest in games just as a Hobbie... I've dealt with burn out on such few occasions just because I hadn't taken much breaks from them

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

I have some experience with video editing and being part of a film crew, so yes actually. I want to direct and star in my own projects but I am terrified at the thought of managing cast and crew, so I think minimalist low budget YouTube videos is more my thing. I want to tell stories that have at least a modicum of artistic merit, so hopefully nothing that looks anything like Logan Paul's stuff.

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

User Lists: 1

#11 The_Deepblue
Member since 2007 • 1484 Posts

No. Editing and reshooting would be too tedious for me. I've had some ideas, though. And I would not have your cheesy YouTube personality. I'm dry and sarcastic.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

I thought about it, but I have no knowledge whatsoever on editing to get started and with so many already out there doing what I want to do, it's just not worth it.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12141 Posts

@mrbojangles25: that’s like me with music. It’s wild how much trouble comes with fame

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mrbojangles25

@Mercenary848 said:

@mrbojangles25: that’s like me with music. It’s wild how much trouble comes with fame

It really is.

Just look at people who win the lottery and have to claim the winning publicly. 70% go broke in less than a decade. There's a bunch of other statistics, but they are a lot more likely to be estranged from relatives, murdered, develop substance abuse problems, and have run-ins with the authorities.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 InEMplease
Member since 2009 • 7461 Posts

5-10 years ago yeah. For horror games or sim racing. Today hell naw. Most chats are toxic as hell. Good freakin luck.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56192 Posts

Despite this is a month old, I want to post this info and leave it for future research whoever you are, I hope this advice helps on becoming a YouTuber.

At the time, I thought about going into Twitch streaming but Twitch itself has way too many problems such as strick rules to follow or you'll get suspended for the little things. So Twitch is totally out of the question.

With YouTube, you can upload videos at anytime or you can go streaming. If you are ever going to be a future YouTuber, this is very important to know this. Make sure you pay your taxes! You'll be surprised as to not many YouTubers didn't know that and just because you didn't signed their W-2 forms doesn't mean you don't own the Government money and trust me, make sure you pay your taxes and do them properly. Just wanting to get that out there. Yes I'm working on becoming a YouTuber, I want to focus on just playing games with no talking, commentary, just showing gameplay from start to finish is what I want to do, so I'm experimenting how to edit videos and with my CPU 5900X, time to fully use my CPU as I want to turn my gaming PC into a workstation like.

To answer this thread is yes, I want to be a YouTuber/gamer/PC gamer that kind of thing and no, I'm not doing it just for the money alone or fame, just a nice gid and with free time on my hands despite I have a family/life.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2434 Posts

I've edited and uploaded. Seldom now, though. All they ever want is Max Payne 3 gameplay, which I don't play anymore.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

No, im a outdoor person and can never play a game that long.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38682 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

**** no. And have essentially the world know who I am? I'm not crazy.

It would be kind of fun to do it anonymously though. I suppose I wouldn't need people to see my face, especially if I'm just doing some video game "let's play" type stuff.

thats the only stuff i can tolerate watching. i don't need to see your stupid face ( not you specifically ) in the corner reacting and making dumbshit commentary. you're not clever, you're not funny. just stfu and play.

if you want some commentary, add some captions and keep them succinct.

Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#20 Dariency
Member since 2003 • 9464 Posts

I've been uploading videos on YouTube since 2009. It's been a good outlet for me to talk about my hobbies and other interests. Getting a good following is tough though.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#21 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3645 Posts

I don't upload to Youtube though couldn't see spending $1000 on a microphone and camera for streaming and headset. I honestly can't stand most Streamers as it's feels fake when something happens and they are like in shock.