Your most favourite Christopher Nolan movie?

Avatar image for deactivated-64fbf588222fb
deactivated-64fbf588222fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 deactivated-64fbf588222fb
Member since 2021 • 1253 Posts

Oppenheimer

10/10 for everything

Well?

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9866 Posts

That's a good question! Nolan has made so many good movies! Oppenheimer was indeed fantastic. It felt like a truly epic experienced and I thought about the movie a lot the days after I saw it (and still do). The way the different threads were woven together was really well made. And the last scene did pack a punch.

But I think I liked Inception slightly more. It was a little bit easier to watch as it had more action. Yet it still had stellar acting and a great plot. So Inception is probably my favourite.

The Batman movies, Interstellar and Memento are also top tier. The only Nolan movie I have seen that I didn't care for too much is Tenet. Many of his movies have fantastical premises, but this one felt a bit too much for my simple mind.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8437 Posts

Memento.

It is a technical marvel and his most unique film, and a very unique one in general. Can't think of many movies out there which you can watch the movie both straight forward or in reverse yet still be coherent both ways.

I'll be seeing Oppenheimer this weekend.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59079 Posts

Insomnia or Batman Begins. Discount Insomnia as it's remake and go with Batman Begins.

1. I don't like the other Nolan Batman movies that much. TDK/TDKR are bloated. Also don't like the look of the movies, Gotham is very boring.

2. It's the first Batman movie outside Mask Of Phantasm that's actually about Batman

3. It raised the bar for live action cape shit

To be clear, I think Mask Of Phantasm is best Batman movie, and of the live actions movies take Returns over this any day. But I do enjoy it more so than the other Nolan movies as something I'd actually rewatch.

I like Bane in TDKR, they done him well. But it's just bloated to all hell trying to be epic. And TDK just leaves me cold. I don't care about anything going on.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38683 Posts

haven't seen all but of the ones i've seen i've enjoyed interstellar the most.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

Interstellar by far. None of the other films in Christopher Nolan's illustrious career (or any other film for that matter) has managed to make me relive the cathartic and emotional experience that I've felt when I saw Interstellar.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3441 Posts

Insomnia is a solid 8/10, Memento maybe an 8.5. Everything else Is OK. Haven't seen Oppenheimer yet.

Naylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Naylord
Member since 2006 • 1123 Posts

Oppenheimer but all his movies are varying levels of great.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

@kazumakiryu21 said:

Oppenheimer

10/10 for everything

Well?

Man, there were some places in that movie where they def could have used closed caption. And it isn't because of the background noise.

It's like Dark Knight Rises: no matter the volume, I can't make out half of what Bane says.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 693 Posts

I really liked inception. It's hard to follow and has some obvious inconsistencies but I thought it was so interesting and imaginative that I watched it several times.

Likewise with memento, but it wasn't as memorable to me as inception.

I will admit that I found tenet to difficult to understand and didn't enjoy it. Maybe for smarter people that was the best one hahaha.