Evolve just plain awesome

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

From the devs of L4D series:

Changed the theme, I wish they'll introduce us some mod that let's you hunt predator, that would be super awesome with this jungle terrain.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

It's very good indeed. It uses the Crytek engine as well. I hope there will be a demo.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

the game looks OK right now... but i just dont see how a team of 4 vs 1 guy is going to be fun for anyone....

yes the monster is big and all that.... but 4v1? it doesnt even sound fun.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts
@Geminon said:

the game looks OK right now... but i just dont see how a team of 4 vs 1 guy is going to be fun for anyone....

maybe because the Goliath can get big as hell and it takes 4 hunters to take down one down. 2 or more would just be destruction and hunters would lose 100% of the time? its pretty much like Predator.. the hunters become the hunted

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts

@Geminon said:

yea right? how the **** is 1 guy suposed to beat 4? are the devs crack smokers or something? lol

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

combine this with Fortnite and you'l have something truly special.

maynardburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 maynardburger
Member since 2005 • 187 Posts

Not really feelin it. I mean, its an interesting concept, but the way it plays out from matches I've seen, its very one-dimensional and I can see it getting dull pretty quickly.

The beginning of the match is basically the same deal for the monster player every time. You just run away, eating animals to try and upgrade yourself. That right there seems quite lame and not fun at all.

And then once the hunters do find you, you're supposed to take them out, but the controls seem clumsy, attacks seem to take time and it seems like its just a frenzy of desperation at that point.

On the hunter side, I'm sure its a little bit interesting to go and track the beast, but I really hate the whole bullet sponge aspect once you're actually attacking. You just sit there and shoot away at the monster and apparently its life gets depleted slowly, but it doesn't seem to react to anything. Its the definition of a 'bullet sponge'. I know for balance, this is necessary, but I imagine it makes the battle less exciting.

I'd like to give it a try before I completely write it off, but at the moment, it really does seem like something that was better on-paper than in practice.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

I'm looking forward to this game more than any other atm. I really enjoy small team based games. L4D is still the most fun I have with multiplayer. Having to actually work as a team to win is something a lot of games lack. I feel like playing the hunters is the same. It will take all 4 to work together to capture/kill the monster and if one runs off then he is dead. I enjoy a good team based game.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

@Geminon said:

ahh come on. Imagine playing with a handful of friends you enjoy playing with. It could be a blast.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Looks pretty good, like how it kinda reminds me of Turok.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@Geminon said:

That's pretty narrow-minded.

Firstly, all of the hunters have to work together against the monster. If you try and lone wolf him he'll eat you, simple as that. The monster can go places in levels that the hunters can't. For example, when I was playing as the monster(Goliath) at PAX East after i had killed one of the hunters I ran away and climbed a cliff to hide and regenerate my armor. As I did that I also hit my stage three evolve, which meant bad news for the hunters. The monster eats animals to regain armor and to increase his evolve meter. So the onus is always on the hunters to be trying to find him and stop him.

Eventually I killed one more of their crew and they then made their way to this power generator room that I had to destroy in order to escape. Since their medic was dead both of them got on the second level and thought that would save them. Well, my monster had fire-breathing at that point. I won against four people and it was extremely fun and exhilarating being able to outsmart them.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

Didn't we already have a game called this in the 90's?

The game looks clunky imo. Not liking iron-sights at all. The red screen effects and blur looks like they would get annoying as **** as well.

Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 656

User Lists: 4

#13 Gelugon_baat
Member since 2003 • 24247 Posts
@Geminon said:

The team of four players may have a numerical advantage, but the monster has very different capabilities.

Also, such gameplay had been around before and it can be fun, namely in Giants: Citizen Kabuto.

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Blutfahne
Member since 2014 • 276 Posts

@Flubbbs said:
@Geminon said:

maybe because the Goliath can get big as hell and it takes 4 hunters to take down one down. 2 or more would just be destruction and hunters would lose 100% of the time? its pretty much like Predator.. the hunters become the hunted

Don't look like Predator. In L4D you never knew when the zombies would strike which created tension and fun. While this just looks like Serious Sam only not as serious.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

@blutfahne said:

@Flubbbs said:
@Geminon said:

Don't look like Predator. In L4D you never knew when the zombies would strike which created tension and fun. While this just looks like Serious Sam only not as serious.

i agree.... it should have been 4v4 with 3 of the people on the monster team playing smaller monsters that respawn or something.... i just dont like the idea of 4v1

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Don't worry guys, i'm sure it's balanced

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

It seems like the idea would work well for a triple AAA blockbuster movie. That would be rad if we saw that.