MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17673 Posts

I’ve typically always DIY when I buy a new DT PC, but I just cannot be bothered this time as usually it entails a few months of researching the new technologies, picking out my components, watching tutorials on YouTube, etc. I just don’t have the energy. Not to mention that the argument it’s cheaper is questionable considering the supply problems currently, but even then I’m ok spending extra for the convenience.

I‘m looking for a decent pre-build company for my next rig. I’m not interested in Alienware or any company that is going to dump their own worthless proprietary software onto it. I don’t need snazzy cases or LED bullshit. I’m interested in a powerful yet minimalistic, utilitarian, easy to use and access rig. A place where I can go and select the case, every component, and simply have them build it, install the OS, and ship it to me.

So many pre-builds are saddled with unnecessary garbage. I don’t need extra discs, kits, or anything of the sort. All I want is to select what I want, have them build it, install the OS, send it to me, and then piss off.

Basically, just the initial labor.

attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 attirex
Member since 2007 • 2466 Posts

Subscribed.

I'm in the same boat--I built current rig in 2014 with dual 970s ftw! I can't be bothered to build a new one, I don't have the time or energy. Just want to order and have it sent to me. I'm also at the point where I'm wondering if I'm done with gaming (I'm old and closer to retirement age than my prime gaming years) so maybe don't even need a new comp. But that, as they say, is another story.....

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MirkoS77

@attirex said:

Subscribed.

I'm in the same boat--I built current rig in 2014 with dual 970s ftw! I can't be bothered to build a new one, I don't have the time or energy. Just want to order and have it sent to me. I'm also at the point where I'm wondering if I'm done with gaming (I'm old and closer to retirement age than my prime gaming years) so maybe don't even need a new comp. But that, as they say, is another story.....

Found CyberPowerPC.com.

This looks like what we may be needing. Seems like a reputable site also, some bad reviews here and there but that’s par the course when you get to be a big enough company. Though it does appear you need to have a pretty good idea of what parts you already want.

I was seriously considering Doghouse Systems but I can‘t find barely anything about them online, and I’m not throwing down thousands of dollars without some type of broader consumer feedback towards the business.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

Digital Storm if you want some quality pre built parts

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17863 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:
@attirex said:

Subscribed.

Found CyberPowerPC.com.

This looks like what we may be needing. Seems like a reputable site also, some bad reviews here and there but that’s par the course when you get to be a big enough company. Though it does appear you need to have a pretty good idea of what parts you already want.

I was seriously considering Doghouse Systems but I can‘t find barely anything about them online, and I’m not throwing down thousands of dollars without some type of broader consumer feedback towards the business.

I've directed people to Cyberpower lately, due to the GPU issues. The only two issues I've found with them are as follows:

1. CPU cooling isn't the best. It'll keep your CPU from overheating, but it's going to be pretty loud at 100%. Probably won't get there often if you're just gaming.

2. Every AMD DDR4 system they've shipped that I've seen has been 3000Mhz RAM.

If you're okay with the above then shoot for it.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MirkoS77

@br0kenrabbit said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Found CyberPowerPC.com.

I've directed people to Cyberpower lately, due to the GPU issues. The only two issues I've found with them are as follows:

1. CPU cooling isn't the best. It'll keep your CPU from overheating, but it's going to be pretty loud at 100%. Probably won't get there often if you're just gaming.

2. Every AMD DDR4 system they've shipped that I've seen has been 3000Mhz RAM.

If you're okay with the above then shoot for it.

Nice, thanks!

What do you mean about #1? Their cooling solutions aren’t good? Well installed? Bad thermal paste application? Airflow? I intend to get an i9 with a water cooler.

Also a loyal Intel/Nvidia user. Combo hasn’t done me wrong yet in all my decades of PC gaming.

KILLERJAK702KA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 KILLERJAK702KA
Member since 2004 • 978 Posts

@MirkoS77: I got My Cyberpower Pc through the Microsoft Store and got it when the pandemic first started no problems so far