GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

I've got an issue where most headsets sold with 2-3 meters long of cable just because they want to support consoles, using Hyper X Cloud II but my computer is around 0.5 meters away from me.

Any solution other than buying wireless headset? I really like this model but if I'll have no choice I'll replace them

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58380 Posts

@gerygo: I got some of these clips with sticky pads on the back for managing my cables. I zip tie excess cable into a bundle then a use these cable management clips, stick them somewhere (like under my desk), and run the cable through them to where I need it.

Just type "cable management" into Amazon, you will probably find something.

If you know any electricians, they could probably just cut the wire and splice it back together as well.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#3 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17834 Posts

@gerygo: Just coil the part of the cable that connects to your device and use a tie wrap. You can hide the coiled part behind something.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator

I think it's time for headset and headphones companies to install some sort of cable retracting mechanism inside in a way you could adjust how long you need that cable to be for various situations.

Another simple solution would be buying 2 shorter cables 3.5 to 3.5 for my headset end and 3.5 female <> 3.5 headphones / mic splitter cable for the PC end.

Then again my PC is standing on a stand near me, 3.5 mobo jack used for speakers while front 3.5 used for the headset. I think I'll be getting some bluetooth headphones with mic and using bluetooth adapter would make it cleaner look.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

Honestly, I went wireless headphones and to be frank, it's really the best option. Of course, I'll always use wired KB/M, its the headphones that needed to be wireless and my Xbox Elite controller is also wireless. What's so bad about not using wireless headphones?

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GeryGo  Moderator

@davillain-: They're more expensive option for obvious reason while offer really low battery life, 16-24 hours while you've got gaming wireless mouses that offer around 400 hours. (input lag isn't in my concerns but it's another reason people avoid it)

I ended buying Anker Soundcore Q30 for discount on Black Friday, ordered some Bluetooth adapter - hopefully I can use it to make Discord calls properly along with gaming, they offer 40-60 hours and I can pair them with my phone which is a plus.