Geforce 8800GTX and a Newegg Question.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dark615

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dark615
Member since 2004 • 466 Posts
Well I have 2 Questions

I Needed help with what compony I should buy from. Evega or XFX?

Ok, I tried to order a XFX card from New Egg and it wouldn't Verify my Address. So I cancelled it, But it was on step 1 and it said that "They had Approved it and was waiting to take the money out in Step 3. But they said it would take 3-5 days for the Money to go back into my account. Has anyone else Cancelled? and how long did it take to get your money back?
chuglur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 chuglur
Member since 2004 • 330 Posts
They always say it takes that long to credit your account. Standard practice in the online world since your money doesn't actually exist. By they I mean any online retailer. You have to have the same billing address as your shipping address for Newegg. EVGA excites me personally but I got a Sparkle 7800 gtx :D Don't you need more power if you are going to be running a 8800 gtx? Also your CPU would severely bottleneck the 8800 gtx.
mr_candy_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mr_candy_man
Member since 2003 • 50 Posts
They always say it takes that long to credit your account. Standard practice in the online world since your money doesn't actually exist. By they I mean any online retailer. You have to have the same billing address as your shipping address for Newegg. EVGA excites me personally but I got a Sparkle 7800 gtx :D Don't you need more power if you are going to be running a 8800 gtx? Also your CPU would severely bottleneck the 8800 gtx.
chuglur
It would bottleneck it to a certain degree. Pump up the res to like 1600x1200 or 1920 x1200 and there wouldn't be much, and on graphically intense games like oblivion there would be no bottleneck. I also like Evga because of the warrenty, although I also love BFG. So BFG or Evga because of lifetime warrenty and 24/7 support.
dark615

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dark615
Member since 2004 • 466 Posts
Well I have a Smaller Samsung Moniter. So the Max Resolution is 1280x1024. And yeah my CPU does need a upgrade >.