Halo online - who has the advantage between....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tehgiggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Tehgiggles
Member since 2006 • 736 Posts
A person with keyboard and mouse..... or...... a person with a 360 controller plugged in?

Who would you say is more likely to win?
Iris_Implants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Iris_Implants
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Anyone who doesn't say mouse needs to have their head bashed in.
Iris_Implants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Iris_Implants
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Why would anyone want to play halo anyways.
FragMonkey09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 FragMonkey09
Member since 2005 • 1543 Posts
Anyone who doesn't say mouse needs to have their head bashed in.Iris_Implants

Amen
Tehgiggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tehgiggles
Member since 2006 • 736 Posts
Why would anyone want to play halo anyways.Iris_Implants

Because some people enjoy it.

And FYI i just owned alot of people with a controller. AND it was snipers. So ha!
WARxSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WARxSnake
Member since 2006 • 2154 Posts
good for you, now come play bf2142 and ill show you what real sniping is like
Entropy730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Entropy730
Member since 2006 • 299 Posts

Are you seriously asking this? Apparently you haven't seen any of the billions of articles written in magazines and on gaming sites or the talk on G4 about the "keyboard and mouse vs. controller" debate. But since you haven't for whatever reason, I'll let you know that all of them that I have read or talk I've seen personally say that the keyboard and mouse wins and I also back up that statement. If you think you're going to kick ass in Halo Online with a controller sniping, cool but Halo sucks and so does it's sniping part of the game.

What other game is so **** that everyone bunny hops while sniping other than in that game? ....Correct! None! Also, people playing Halo Online against you with a keyboard and mouse just aren't good enough at the game yet. Let them have about 10 hours of game time and they WILL kick your ass if their IQ is above 80. Any more questions?

anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 anshul89
Member since 2006 • 5705 Posts
I agree 100%
dbowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 dbowman
Member since 2005 • 6836 Posts
The keyboard and mouse is far far better. If you think the controller is better you are wrong.

For example.... you wouldn't use a controller for word processing or surfing the web, so why use it for an FPS.
OMGFINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#10 OMGFINE
Member since 2005 • 2434 Posts
Ok, well imho, I think with Halo 2 its would be quite even, because Halo relies alot on movment, jumping & meleeing which are all easier done on a controller... But KB & M is faster & more accuret, Hard to say for sure...
NoRemnants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NoRemnants
Member since 2006 • 3351 Posts
Ok, well imho, I think with Halo 2 its would be quite even, because Halo relies alot on movment, jumping & meleeing which are all easier done on a controller... But KB & M is faster & more accuret, Hard to say for sure...OMGFINE
you can move just as fast with a keyboard and mouse if you know what your doing.
OMGFINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 OMGFINE
[QUOTE="OMGFINE"]Ok, well imho, I think with Halo 2 its would be quite even, because Halo relies alot on movment, jumping & meleeing which are all easier done on a controller... But KB & M is faster & more accuret, Hard to say for sure...XBSHX
you can move just as fast with a keyboard and mouse if you know what your doing.

Someone whos played Halo for a week on a controller should be able to move aswell as someone who played a similar game for a month on the KB & M, it's just easier to learn.
dbowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dbowman
[QUOTE="OMGFINE"] Someone whos played Halo for a week on a controller should be able to move aswell as someone who played a similar game for a month on the KB & M, it's just easier to learn.

you clearly don't play many PC games.
OMGFINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 OMGFINE
[QUOTE="dbowman"][QUOTE="OMGFINE"] Someone whos played Halo for a week on a controller should be able to move aswell as someone who played a similar game for a month on the KB & M, it's just easier to learn.

you clearly don't play many PC games.

It's easier... I have no idea what you guys are talking about...
dbowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dbowman
A mouse is far more sensetive, and therefore allows you to move faster and more accurately across the screen.
Avatar image for hybridmoments12
hybridmoments12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hybridmoments12
Member since 2004 • 68 Posts
good for you, now come play bf2142 and ill show you what real sniping is likeWARxSnake

Haha I think thats funny that you call snipers in a futuristic shooter "real sniping".  trying sniping in a game like operation flashpoint or america's army.
0_Wii_Man_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 0_Wii_Man_0
Member since 2006 • 919 Posts
[QUOTE="Iris_Implants"]Anyone who doesn't say mouse needs to have their head bashed in.FragMonkey09

Amen

indeed.
0_Wii_Man_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 0_Wii_Man_0
Member since 2006 • 919 Posts
[QUOTE="WARxSnake"]good for you, now come play bf2142 and ill show you what real sniping is likehybridmoments12

Haha I think thats funny that you call snipers in a futuristic shooter "real sniping".  trying sniping in a game like operation flashpoint or america's army.

i play americas army and BF2142 and the difference in sniping is staggering. SO much harder (and realistic) in AA.
coblexkitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 coblexkitten
Member since 2006 • 210 Posts
[QUOTE="Iris_Implants"]Why would anyone want to play halo anyways.Tehgiggles

Because some people enjoy it.

And FYI i just owned alot of people with a controller. AND it was snipers. So ha!

Yes, playing a game online where everyone has a controller and you having a sniper rifle far off where no one can see you, so you can pick off shots is very hard.
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts
Whoever is the more skilled of them. Seriously despite what those at PC Gamer will tell you, the keyboard/mouse combo isn't that much better than a game pad. It doesn't matter what they use, a noob is a noob.
BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 BounceDK
Member since 2005 • 7388 Posts
Trollers will have auto aim, pc gamers will have reduced accuracy. And that's a fact.
v3pointoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 v3pointoh
Member since 2006 • 134 Posts

A mouse is far more sensetive, and therefore allows you to move faster and more accurately across the screen.dbowman

I agree 100%.

selection_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 selection_7
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Lemme say right off the reason I don't play console games (in general, I'm playing FFXII right now) is because of the lack of mouse/keyboard support.

For me it all dates back about 10 years ago.  My friends all got really into playing 4 person PvP split screen Bond.  Of course I was right in the middle of a pretty good Counterstrike kick and I was watching them play thinking "They're terrible.  I'm absolutley going to destroy them."  Of course that didn't happen when I realized how hard it was to aim and move with a gamepad (even taking my inexperience with a gamepad into account).  Though my prior knowledge of that sort of gameplay certainly helped me out some, in the end I wasn't even one of the better players.  I just sat there and didn't say anything about it.  Though of course I was irritated...thinking "If I could only plug in a mouse and keyboard I'd be dominating them so badly they wouldn't even want me to play anyomre."

I was pretty happy when I read that Microsoft was going to allow PC/XBOX cross-play online.  There's SO many console-ers out there that have no idea how completely inferior a gamepad is for a 1st person shooter that I was delighted thinking about how obvious it would be in 6 months time (after implementation of said service) how every time a console fanboy got schooled he'd see it was by someone on a PC.  Literally, I don't even think it would take 3 months before console players would start complaining that it wasn't fair and ask for segregation again.  That would just underscore how important the mouse/keyboard is as a control interface and maybe we'd actually see some game support for it in the future on consoles.  Apparently Microsoft already saw this scenario coming b/c I read they won't be allowing PC/XBOX(360) PvP online intermingling on many of their biggest games that are shooters.  Obviously on a sports titleor a racing game you'll see no difference...maybe even a console advantage if the PC player doesn't have a PC gamepad.

AlbertE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AlbertE-
Member since 2007 • 300 Posts
Ok, well imho, I think with Halo 2 its would be quite even, because Halo relies alot on movment, jumping & meleeing which are all easier done on a controller... But KB & M is faster & more accuret, Hard to say for sure...OMGFINE
Very, very false.  Jumping in the air, aiming at the person, and meleeing all at once is FAR harder on a controller as opposed to m/kb.