Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Tungsten
Member since 2019 • 2 Posts

1) Dell 24 P2419h
2) Viewsonic Vp2468

A comparative of both:
https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/9c7b99b05

I usually don't play high FPS games like shooters or competitive, so I'm prioritizing image quality.

1) Best color: Seems ViewSonic have slightly better color?

2) Connectinos: Dell also have VGA (which is useful in some cases).

They are pretty similar to me, could you point any difference which you consider relevant?

Also I accept suggestions of any 24" to 27" / 1K to 4K, IPS technology (o similar as Samsung's PSL), to run with a GTX1080.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

I like the Viewsonic better, for no real reason other than the bigger viewable space and less plastic around the edges of the screen. I also generally dislike Dell as a brand for no real rational reason.

The Dell seems to have a better response time, so you might get that if you play alot of twitch shooters (which you said you don't.)

I don't think there's a wrong decision here, go with your gut or whatever is cheaper at the moment.

PS - I like the headphone jack on the Viewsonic, not a big deal but nice to have.

mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mastershake575
Member since 2007 • 8574 Posts

Of the two you listed the VP2468 is overall the better of the two, especially in color accuracy.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

I just found out that Bestbuy has my monitor for $270... If you can afford that and have the space for a 32" monitor go for it if you want image quality. Its a 10bit VA panel with incredible colours and contrast, for the price is incredible and with that Best buy price its a no brainer.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/LKHRsY/benq-pd3200q-320-2560x1440-60hz-monitor-pd3200q

I am a photographer and have mine calibrated for sRGB work and due to the contrast it has over my Nec 302 at work its far better suited for B&W photography.

Its my recommendation.

Here are a here's a pic:

The difference between a high quality VA panel and IPS panel when it comes to colours are minimal but the difference in contrast is instantly noticeable and if you are a consumer who watches a lot of youtube and plays a lot of games the sheer size of a 32" 10bit panel at 1440p with a contrast ration 2-3x higher than a IPS panel will make your jaw drop.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: off topic - what type of keyboard you've got there?

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@gerygo: Fnatic Ministreak with MX Silent Red switches. Superb keyboard and the Switches I highly recommend, super silent in comparison to my old Blackwidow 2014 keyboard.