ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Hey guys. Thanks for all the great advice you guys gave me. I’m starting to purchase parts for my new mini gaming PC. So far I got myself a Ryzen 9 5900, RTX 3070 and Samsung 980 PRO m.2 NVMe 2 tb with really good deals thanks to Prime Day and all the Anti Prime Day.

Now my question is about ITX motherboard. Which one would you Guys prefer if it is your build.

MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE max WIFI Mini ITX

https://www.newegg.com/msi-mpg-b550i-gaming-edge-max-wifi/p/N82E16813144407?Item=9SIA4REFK62931&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&PageSize=10&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo

or GIGABYTE B550I AORUS PRO AX AM4 AMD B550 Mini-ITX

https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-b550i-aorus-pro-ax/p/N82E16813145222?Item=N82E16813145222

I’m a total nOOb when it comes to these newer build. When I look at the Gigabyte motherboard NMVe support list from there official website I only saw Samsung 980 Pro m.2 NVMe 1 tb drive not the 2 tb one. It shouldn’t be a problem right?

Thank you so much guys. You have been great help here.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

SSD compatibility on motherboards is almost universal, and typically do not care what the brand or model as long as the drive matches the connector requirements. So if one motherboard officially supports 1tb of a model it will support the 2tb model. Board manufacturers dont check every single brand or model of every item that can connect to their boards.

I would go with the GIGABYTE board because its cheaper, there is no real difference between the two besides slight difference in rear I/O connections

vistakril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 vistakril
Member since 2023 • 1 Posts

First off, I know a motherboard reddit exists, you have to ask for permission to post, I asked, guess I didn't ask correctly, got no reply after 48 hours so here I am.

I am looking at building a 4090/7800X PC. The thing is, I am a very focused user, I JUST game. I don't record video, I don't render, I don't stream, I just game on the main monitor and watch youtube/twitch on the 2nd monitor. I can afford a top end MB but they all seem overkill to me. I don't need all those damn SATA ports. I don't need high speed Thunderbolt/USB C. I only need 1 PCIe slot for the GPU. I will use 2 M.2 slots (2 WD Black 850X) and that's it. I never filled the 3 TB on my current PC.

I game a lot, and I like gaming at 3440x1440 max detail, so I sprung for a 4090 and I am happy with it. Anyway, I have been reading reviews on motherboards and I see people complaing about things like "only 6 SATA ports" lol I don't need even 1.

Does anyone make a board that is built for someone who ONLY games and doesn't care about massive storage or lots of expansion options? I have been reading about the power phases, I know the 7800X3d doesn't need much (and apparently melts on ASUS boards) but some future proofing is nice. I am told there is no difference in sound between CL 1220 and 4080. (hope I got those names right) Anyway, what is a good board if you 1) Just game 2) Have zero need of SATA drives 2 M.2 is enough (want full bandwidth for them though) 3) Want some future proof for an 8800 or whatever. 4) want it to run cool and stable. I think the board for me might have been the Aorus Master B650E but its discontinued so... oh well on that.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2136 Posts

Aorus Master is way too expensive even if you needed all the features, which you said yourself, you don't need.

650E in general is useless for you, just get the Aorus Elite AX B650 or Aorus Pro AX B650.

Take a look at HB B650 mobo roundup:

Loading Video...