Square Enix MMO announced for the PC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 mismajor99
Member since 2003 • 5671 Posts
Square MMO announced for the PC, "Vista only" as well as the 360:

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/02/08/square-enix-confirms-new-mmo-for-xbox-360-and-vista-maybe-ps3/
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
  Meh no big news in my opinion, Square Enix still has yet to make a solid MMO.. Final Fantasy XI had promise but in the end it ultimately failed.
mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mismajor99
Member since 2003 • 5671 Posts
True, but I found the fact that Square was developing something for PC the same time as the consoles rather strange. I don't think this has happened before.
Cornerstore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Cornerstore
Member since 2006 • 2137 Posts
Yes. Square Enix has never ever made a solid MMO they have always failed and always will. They just need to continue with there other games not MMO's.
Erlkoenig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Erlkoenig
Member since 2006 • 715 Posts

in the end it ultimately failed.sSubZerOo

Failed your own expectations you mean. Objectively the game was pretty successful, and I happen to like it more than WoW.

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#6 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
Isn't this kind of old? I've known they were in the works with a new one.

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
Vista Only? I hope this isn't a continuing trend.
MajinFix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MajinFix
Member since 2005 • 480 Posts
I am guessing that was what Unreal engine 3.0 was for :D
Aufban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Aufban
Member since 2006 • 53 Posts

Meh no big news in my opinion, Square Enix still has yet to make a solid MMO.. Final Fantasy XI had promise but in the end it ultimately failed.sSubZerOo

And, you're basing this statement on...?

darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 darklord888
Member since 2004 • 8382 Posts
Vista Only? I hope this isn't a continuing trend.MyopicCanadian
If they plan releasing it within the next 2 years they are going to lose a LOT of players because of that. Anyway I don't care there are already enough crap asian MMO's around, why do we need another?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"] in the end it ultimately failed.Erlkoenig

Failed your own expectations you mean. Objectively the game was pretty successful, and I happen to like it more than WoW.

No failed over all buddy, have you seen the community?  There is none.  The game just never drew enough people.. But not just that but the times they had acceptable population half of them were in the Asian continent most could never speak english..   Top that off the only way you could communicate to them is a very very limited translater..

Making even harder to find groups.. Infact on average when I played that game it took me 4 hours+ to actually find a group.. And Later on its impossible to solo...  With a dead community and no solo matieral there isn't much to do but wait.  Don't get me wrong I found it a pretty cool game its just in the end I got sick of waiting that long trying to find a group regardless of which characters I played.

zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
Hopefully it wont be a sequel to FFXI, and it wont be a massive grind fest like FFXI.
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
a MMO with the UE3 engine would be :shock:
godofratz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 godofratz
Member since 2005 • 398 Posts
Go figure, another MMO that will be just like the other ones out there. 
Viper_GTS-R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Viper_GTS-R
Member since 2004 • 4454 Posts
Kingdom Hearts mmorpg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please please :D:D:D:D:D
Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts
[QUOTE="mismajor99"]Square MMO announced for the PC, "Vista only" as well as the 360:

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/02/08/square-enix-confirms-new-mmo-for-xbox-360-and-vista-maybe-ps3/[/QUOTE]

Cool, I remember hearing about this like a year ago when it was in the early stages, but now I know what systems it's on.  360 you say?!  Sweet!!!  The 360's looking better all the time...
Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts
[QUOTE="mismajor99"]
Cool, I remember hearing about this like a year ago when it was in the early stages, but now I know what systems it's on. 360 you say?! Sweet!!! The 360's looking better all the time...Conjuration

Lets just say this is one of the projects to do with the 20th Birthday of Square ^-^ I could tell you more but it will be revealed later this year and its a real kicker too ^_^
Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts
[QUOTE="Conjuration"][QUOTE="mismajor99"]
Cool, I remember hearing about this like a year ago when it was in the early stages, but now I know what systems it's on. 360 you say?! Sweet!!! The 360's looking better all the time...Zenkuso

Lets just say this is one of the projects to do with the 20th Birthday of Square ^-^ I could tell you more but it will be revealed later this year and its a real kicker too ^_^

I must hear more.  Please, go on.
Gun-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gun-Unit
Member since 2003 • 9866 Posts
[QUOTE="Erlkoenig"]

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"] in the end it ultimately failed.sSubZerOo

No failed over all buddy, have you seen the community?  There is none.  The game just never drew enough people.. But not just that but the times they had acceptable population half of them were in the Asian continent most could never speak english..   Top that off the only way you could communicate to them is a very very limited translater..

Making even harder to find groups.. Infact on average when I played that game it took me 4 hours+ to actually find a group.. And Later on its impossible to solo...  With a dead community and no solo matieral there isn't much to do but wait.  Don't get me wrong I found it a pretty cool game its just in the end I got sick of waiting that long trying to find a group regardless of which characters I played.

It was a great MMO for its time,infact for you to say it has no community show that you never played the game.FFXI is one of the biggest populated MMO's out with closer to a million people,yea sure you can say WoW has 8 million,but no MMO has been as succssful as WoW not to mention that fact not many MMO's come close to 1 million mark FFXI has a bigger population the Everquest 2 and City or Heroes.

Not to mention i never had long waits for parties in  FFXI from 2004 till this year.FFXI is a group base game and many people like it and many don't like it.If you don't like that its not solo friendly thats your opinion and you shouldn't have played it known that if you even did.To say some failed because you didn't like it is down right rude as a MMO is successful.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-59d151f079814
[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="Erlkoenig"]

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"] in the end it ultimately failed.Gun-Unit

It was a great MMO for its time,infact for you to say it has no community show that you never played the game.FFXI is one of the biggest populated MMO's out with closer to a million people,yea sure you can say WoW has 8 million,but no MMO has been as succssful as WoW not to mention that fact not many MMO's come close to 1 million mark FFXI has a bigger population the Everquest 2 and City or Heroes.

Not to mention i never had long waits for parties in  FFXI from 2004 till this year.FFXI is a group base game and many people like it and many don't like it.If you don't like that its not solo friendly thats your opinion and you shouldn't have played it known that if you even did.To say some failed because you didn't like it is down right rude as a MMO is successful.

I never mentioned WoW once, so stop assuming.. I infact disliked WoW alot.. And yes I did play FFXI, I had a Monk/Rogue it got pretty fun.. I think I got to the late 30's.. It was just too hard finding groups regardless of your claim I still had trouble finding even any groups even up.  The Dragoon and Samurai were also two other classes that were real cool though were sorta  a pain to get..   Groups were interesting with the limit breaks and chaining them together in groups, and group combat got challenging at times which made it very interesting...

And no there you go assuming again that I want Solo material.. No I personally don't care I used to play EQ1 ALOT the fact of the matter is theres a problem when there is no groups forming what so ever..  I prefer group material over solo, but I don't want to wait 4+ hours to actualy find a group forming.. I have had a few friends quit FFXI for the exact same reason...  Its not the games fault its just the community form the time I played was becoming dead..     Now if it has changed witht he addition of the Xbox360 version of the game making the community larger good for you! I am merely saying my experiences from the game.

Gun-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Gun-Unit

I never mentioned WoW once, so stop assuming.. I infact disliked WoW alot.. And yes I did play FFXI, I had a Monk/Rogue it got pretty fun.. I think I got to the late 30's.. It was just too hard finding groups regardless of your claim I still had trouble finding even any groups even up.  The Dragoon and Samurai were also two other classes that were real cool though were sorta  a pain to get..   Groups were interesting with the limit breaks and chaining them together in groups, and group combat got challenging at times which made it very interesting...

And no there you go assuming again that I want Solo material.. No I personally don't care I used to play EQ1 ALOT the fact of the matter is theres a problem when there is no groups forming what so ever..  I prefer group material over solo, but I don't want to wait 4+ hours to actualy find a group forming.. I have had a few friends quit FFXI for the exact same reason...  Its not the games fault its just the community form the time I played was becoming dead..     Now if it has changed witht he addition of the Xbox360 version of the game making the community larger good for you! I am merely saying my experiences from the game.

sSubZerOo

Doesn't matter whether you like WoW,just saying very few MMO's have a bigger poplution then FFXI,FFXI has a bigger population then even EQ,and your passing around miss information about it being dead has server average about 3000 people online at a time peak at 4000-5000 and 2000 at low,ever since i been playing since PS2 launch.

The fact you were only in your 30's says you didn't play the game long,like i said FFXI isn't suppose to be solo friendly.If it isn't your cup of tea then go play another game no one isn't saying your not intitled to your opinion,but because thats your opinion doesn't make FFXI unsuccssful because you say so when numbers prove it was a very successful MMO.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

Gun-Unit

Doesn't matter whether you like WoW,just saying very few MMO's have a bigger poplution then FFXI,FFXI has a bigger population then even EQ,and your passing around miss information about it being dead has server average about 3000 people online at a time peak at 4000-5000 and 2000 at low,ever since i been playing since PS2 launch.

The fact you were only in your 30's says you didn't play the game long,like i said FFXI isn't suppose to be solo friendly.If it isn't your cup of tea then go play another game no one isn't saying your not intitled to your opinion,but because thats your opinion doesn't make FFXI unsuccssful because you say so when numbers prove it was a very successful MMO.

lol I never said I was complaining about no soloability..  I was complaining that it takes LITERALLY HOURS even to find a group, its harder to find a group then actually be in the group..  I have had numerous friends complain about this, some even recently..  Groups are very rare in this game when compared to multiple other MMO's..  Now the problem isn't that everythign is party base, the problem is it takes upwards to 4 hours to find a freaking group to begin with.

Mind you I played when it was pre Xbox360 now if it did increase do to that, then good because it was a pretty good MMO there were some pitfalls in my opinion, but nothing major..

Gun-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gun-Unit

lol I never said I was complaining about no soloability..  I was complaining that it takes LITERALLY HOURS even to find a group, its harder to find a group then actually be in the group..  I have had numerous friends complain about this, some even recently..  Groups are very rare in this game when compared to multiple other MMO's..  Now the problem isn't that everythign is party base, the problem is it takes upwards to 4 hours to find a freaking group to begin with.

Mind you I played when it was pre Xbox360 now if it did increase do to that, then good because it was a pretty good MMO there were some pitfalls in my opinion, but nothing major..

sSubZerOo

It doesn't take 4 hours to get a party,there are problems with some jobs not getting party invites but there no issues with there being not being any groups as that is untrue before and after the xbox release.Take PUP for example,people don't like that job yet my worse day as PUP was waiting 1 hour to get a party.Same with my THF or SAM before the xbox release.Also if you have a bad rep you will have a hard time getting a party.

Also even before the xbox release there was never a problem with the population infact it was at a peak of 700,000 before the xbox version.Its very well known around the FFXI thats theres no population problem.