This topic is locked from further discussion.

jhunte99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jhunte99
Member since 2003 • 2673 Posts
Hi, i'm trying to play xbox games on my 360, but because i'm using the VGA cable to use with my PC so i can have lovely HD visuals cheapo style it doesn't support 50hz which is what you need to use for original xbox games. So i thought could i connect composite cables (or even better component) into my 7800gt and run it through that. I've connected it, but now what? how do i get the picture up, infact is it at all possible, or am i just mistaken that it's actually VO only. I hope that makes sense, if not then just ask :)
Thanks.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
You'll need to find an app that will display Video Input from composite cables... DScaler is a decent one, if you want to try that. I've never had any luck with it, however (I was trying to set up my PS2 through my PC). I hear you can get some sort of adapter, but they're pretty expensive... Just of note, I am using a VGA cable on my 360, and I play Xbox games on it... I haven't had any problems so far. The only game I've had a problem with is Forza, where I need to set the res to 640*480 to maintain the proper aspect ratio. Ninja Gaiden and Jade Empire looked fine.
jhunte99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 jhunte99
Member since 2003 • 2673 Posts
hmm, maybe it's because i am using the madcats vga cable and not the official one. Are you using the official one?
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
Yes, I had the MadCatz cable before and it was ****. I returned it ASAP and got the official cable.