Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning. Who will play it? and who wont?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cornerstore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Cornerstore
Member since 2006 • 2137 Posts
Okay I have been watching these videos for quiet some time now for Warhammer online. I was wondering how many of you people are going to Join this MMORPG and who will pass it and not think they will play it? I will definatly be playing this game. Thanks for your answers and i can't wait intil this comes out
Cornerstore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Cornerstore
And one more thing in this game will there be Mounts? will there be groups and guild and can you do instances and stuff like WoW? thanks
EndersAres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 EndersAres
Member since 2005 • 5711 Posts
I'll probably pick it up and try it.
peeviness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 peeviness
Member since 2004 • 2023 Posts
I would, because I played Warhammer when I was 12-13 (awesome game, I still try to keep up with it) but....

WoW is too good.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
It looks really cool... I'll be playing it if Age of Conan sucks.
Cornerstore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Cornerstore
And one more thing in this game will there be Mounts? will there be groups and guild and can you do instances and stuff like WoW? thanksCornerstore
FlameMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 FlameMe
Member since 2006 • 1165 Posts
Warhammer is heavily built around PvP. I Imagine this game being like WoW but built around PvP with PvE added in. WoW is built around PvE with PvP added in IMO
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
   Maybe too soon to see.... I honestly hope there is actual risk involved in the game, imo that was one of the major pit falls in WoW..   If the game is much harder with alot of risk involved then I might give it a shot.
XkhalidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 XkhalidX
Member since 2005 • 203 Posts

Well,  it is a Mythic entertainment game so i believe it will rock . And just like u, i cant wait to play it . Considering DAoC (Dark Age of Camelot) having a big fan base i believe that Warhammer will get alot of subscribers at launch . In addition, Mythic is trying to "kill" DAoC preparing people to switch to Warhammer.

xenophone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xenophone
Member since 2004 • 251 Posts
 Yeah I won't say yes or no until it comes out and I can get some feedback on it, but as of right now, it seems to really be coming together.  It's not slated for release until Q4 and it already looks more polished than Vanguard.  It also has pretty cool art style.  I think it has the potential for some deep and exciting PVP.  For instance, bigger tank type chars can actually use their bodies to block opponents from penetrating a front line and attacking casters.  It sounds like a small design decision but stuff like that I think could add lots of depth to PVP.  I love the PvP in WOW, but mostly it feels like a bunch of people just trying to kill who is in front of them with little thought to tactics and such.
Cornerstore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cornerstore
Well for the people who are going to purchase this game which race and class are you going to be?

I think I am going to be a Chaos Magus.
sergio_afonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sergio_afonso
Member since 2004 • 460 Posts
Its not going to be only PvP, its going to be...Realm Vs Realm!!! A dream come true!!! I will be a Chaos Chosen!!!
IBEX333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 IBEX333
Member since 2003 • 553 Posts
I DEFINATELY wont play it because MORPGS are evil an they take away ppl's lives. On a serious note, the reason I wont play it is because it has monthly fees. It's enough that I pay for the game itself. I dont have to pay monthly fees. (please, I dont need to start a flame war on this comment. This has been discussed to death on WoW forums/threads)
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
I saw some videos and it looks pretty bad. But it was pre alpha so it should be much better. ATM i plan to skip this game.
lokstah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lokstah
Member since 2005 • 1213 Posts
Okay I have been watching these videos for quiet some time now for Warhammer online. I was wondering how many of you people are going to Join this MMORPG and who will pass it and not think they will play it? I will definatly be playing this game. Thanks for your answers and i can't wait intil this comes outCornerstore
I'm going to pass. I love the Warhammer universe, and there have been some decent-to-excellent Warhammer titles in the last few years, but I'm more or less boycotting the MMORPG industry. I think it's a derrivative, deadly un-inventive genre. For now, at least. That said, if there's real compelling evidence that Age of Reckoning somehow busts the mold open, I'll consider it... maybe...