Your Steam Deck... Buyer's remorse or love it, of course!

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8772 Posts

Now that it's been out for a while, how do you find your Deck? Love it, hate it, yah or blah?

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

I had one reserved, but didn't end up getting it. It's a PC, I have plenty of those. I would have regretted it.

Damn tho... the few times a year I go on vacation I would have been loving it. I already have a portable-ish PC with a 1070ti, but it's a pain to transport a monitor and all the peripherals.

Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1642 Posts

Love it. I don't play the latest games on it though. I think the most recent game I have installed is from 2015. I mostly use it as a retro gaming handheld.

Yama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Yama
Member since 2002 • 34151 Posts

Good topic because I questions this at times. I want to say love it, which I do love the tech, though absolutely find myself using it a TON less than I thought and I travel across the country almost weekly. It's size and feel contribute to this, I find myself just using Switch and playing something I'm not as into just for the extra battery life, less weight and easier portability.

One thing I will say though is I'm playing a ton of Steam games I'd probably never launch on it, things good for portable play, quick pick up and plays. So that's a huge plus.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7271 Posts

@Yama: I don't have one, but kinda feel the same way you do. Love the idea of the Steam Deck, but it's just too big and doesn't have the battery life it needs. This is why I am not in a big hurry to see a Switch 2. The longer Nintendo waits, the easier it will be to get a good balance on size, battery, and power.

If Switch was my primary console, I could see how it would be frustrating missing the big AAA 3rd party games. But as a secondary console for travel and family gaming, Nintendo 1st party stuff rounded out with some interesting indie and retro games, it's great.