Does anyone here have a "Made in Japan" PS4?

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

Are all of them made in china now? I think I saw an article before the ps4 launch that stated that it will be manufactured in china AND japan, wondering if any of you guys got one.

edit: well I learned that europeans get the made in japan ps4 and americans get the made in china....damn I really wanted the made in japan version, but europeans have to pay almost $200 more for it. oh well

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Nice user name. Just a question, why would you want a ps4 if it has "No games"

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PS4hasNOgames

@marcheegsr: because all the games I wanted got delayed and I was pissed off about not having anything to play.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Maybe that's why most of the failures of the PS4 have been in America, sucks to be in America for once, you don't get to say that often when it comes to gaming.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PS4hasNOgames

@BattleSpectre said:

Maybe that's why most of the failures of the PS4 have been in America, sucks to be in America for once, you don't get to say that often when it comes to gaming.

I'm hoping the only difference is that the japans factory makes the euro power cords and such, but from experience the japanese factory workers are better treated and they take much more pride in their work so they usually produce higher quality products. Maybe its just assembled in japan?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

Wait, so the US gets "Made in China" while the rest of the world gets "Made in Japan", that's awesome lol, what about Canada? maybe that's the real reason as to why the PS4 is cheaper there, minimum wage is higher in Japan.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PS4hasNOgames

@GTR12 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

Wait, so the US gets "Made in China" while the rest of the world gets "Made in Japan", that's awesome lol, what about Canada? maybe that's the real reason as to why the PS4 is cheaper there, minimum wage is higher in Japan.

thats not awesome its horrible lol, my ps1 and ps2 are both made in japan and still work perfectly.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GTR12

@ps4hasnogames said:

@GTR12 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

thats not awesome its horrible lol, my ps1 and ps2 are both made in japan and still work perfectly.

It is for me as I don't live in the US.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PS4hasNOgames

@GTR12 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@GTR12 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

It is for me as I don't live in the US.

u wanna trade?

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Was it the same with the PS3s? Like is there an actual way of checking to see where they were made, does it say it anywhere on the console?

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PS4hasNOgames

@BattleSpectre: on the back or bottom of the console there is a small "Made in...."

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

Not all PS4's being sold in Europe are made in Japan.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/11/27/not-all-ps4-sold-in-europe-are-made-in-japan-as-revealed-by-picture/

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PS4hasNOgames

@Nonstop-Madness: Yes I know, I guess the ones who got the made in japan are lucky. I have been looking for a way to find one but its hard.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GTR12

@ps4hasnogames:

Nah I like mine how it is.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

What is the difference between PS4's made in Japan and those made anywhere else?