Rumor: Next PS4 Firmware update to include MP3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Don't take this as fact though

Industry insider Tidux, that is well known for having revealed quite a few features of the PS4′s operating system and UI before they wee unveiled, has been teasing the possibility of MP3 playback coming to PS4 for a while, but he never said it explicitly, until today.

So, some people ask for mp3 playback, that my friends is coming. but I do not know when it will come. #Soon#PS4

The Mp3 Playback is up and running at Sony. #PS4#soon

He also mentioned previously that the latest internal build of the PS4′s firmware has some unannounced features, but he’s not sure if those (or MP3 itself) will be included in 1.7, that he confirmed will come on the 30th.

He also made a quite cryptic statement: “The winter is coming, that’s a good way to put it.” “In a positive way.” Interestingly enough, that echoes something tweeted by Naughty Dog’s Neil Druckmann a while ago, but your guess is as good as mine on this. It could mean literally anything and the two things could be unrelated.

Of course we should always take what’s said by insiders with a grain of salt. We’ll have to stand by and see if this will come true, but considering that Tidux has a very solid track record with the information he leaks, there’s a good chance that it will.

Link

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

I don't know why Sony never integrated MP3 playback from the start. It was never a deal breaker for me, but being able to play my MP3 music through the console while gaming (especially racing games) is always a good thing.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

More interested in themes and being able to organize the menu.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#4 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I'm surprised mp3 playback wasn't in the original startup.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Feels like Winter is already here, its freezing.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Good news everyone!

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@jasean79 said:

I don't know why Sony never integrated MP3 playback from the start. It was never a deal breaker for me, but being able to play my MP3 music through the console while gaming (especially racing games) is always a good thing.

Why is it so important? You can play music on all of your other devices. I have never ever used music on my consoles

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

honestly I think it will be in 2.0 update, some limited access to video will be there in 1.7 for the new video editor thing, but you won't be able to have the videos in files and read them like for the PS3, just use the videos from a USB

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Last_Ride

@TheTenth10 said:

honestly I think it will be in 2.0 update, some limited access to video will be there in 1.7 for the new video editor thing, but you won't be able to have the videos in files and read them like for the PS3, just use the videos from a USB

It's just a rumor, so it's not confirmed. But i don't really care about it tbh

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

Why is it so important? You can play music on all of your other devices. I have never ever used music on my consoles

Because some games will let you use the music on your console hard drive in their game, such as MLB The Show.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Last_Ride

@dalger21 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Because some games will let you use the music on your console hard drive in their game, such as MLB The Show.

Still not an issue to me, i just play music on my laptop when i play games or even my phone

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@dalger21 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Still not an issue to me, i just play music on my laptop when i play games or even my phone

That sounds past awful

The whole idea is that you can play music while playing a game so you have new background music, what you're talking about seems awful. You just have two.....noises playing at the same time.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

Greatly looking forward to it. I understand the business decision not to have it from the get-go, but it's desperately needed. Now let us customize the UI!

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

That's great for you. Just because it's not an issue for you doesn't mean it isn't for other people.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 The_Last_Ride

@Jaysonguy said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@dalger21 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

That sounds past awful

The whole idea is that you can play music while playing a game so you have new background music, what you're talking about seems awful. You just have two.....noises playing at the same time.

ever heard of muting the tv?

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@jasean79 said:

Because the set up I have in my TV room doesn't include a computer. It's too much of a hassle anyway. I have the surround sound system hooked up to my TV and PS4. Playing music directly through the TV/sound system is better than any computer/laptop I could rig. I use it through my Xbox and it's perfect. Having the same capability on the PS4 would be awesome.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@jasean79 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@jasean79 said:

Because the set up I have in my TV room doesn't include a computer. It's too much of a hassle anyway. I have the surround sound system hooked up to my TV and PS4. Playing music directly through the TV/sound system is better than any computer/laptop I could rig. I use it through my Xbox and it's perfect. Having the same capability on the PS4 would be awesome.

Even though i have a sound system for the pc? It's not that hard mate, i honestly don't see the problem. Sure some might think it's bad. I just don't see the problem at all