Is Playstation VR worth it for the PS 4?

Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Realmjumper
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts

So a topic I had in mind is, PS VR. Is it worth it on PS 4? Are there good games or just mostly tech demos? Am I better off buying another VR system? I have a gaming PC and a PS 4.

Jendeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Jendeh
Member since 2004 • 740 Posts

For me, it wasn't, but then I was an early adopter. It's felt like a massive disappointment. I still have it, but it's been in it's original box for the last few years. It just seemed like some interesting experiences, none of which really grabbed me. Batman was fine. I thought that playing No Man's Sky with it might be fun. I've heard Blood and Truth is one of the better titles. I just don't feel like there is simply a single game that makes the PSVR must have, but that doesn't mean it sucks. It was just underwhelming imho.

OmegaBlueUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By OmegaBlueUp
Member since 2006 • 501 Posts

PSVR on the base PS4 was my introduction to VR and I loved it. It felt like the next step in gaming, reminding me of the awe I had when playing Mario 64. I've had the PSVR for about 3 or 4 years and while that "new" feeling has gone away it is still something I pull out to play on occasion (would more often but haven't had much time to game).

While I am a big fan of the PSVR, I struggle to recommend getting it now. There are a lot of great games for it, but many of them can be played on other devices, and at $350 MSRP it is not the cheapest option out there and it could become obsolete when PSVR 2 comes out as it's not certain if the PSVR games will be playable on PSVR 2 (I sure hope so).

As for other Headsets, I have only tried the Quest (don't know if it was 1 or 2). It was a little more clear than the PSVR and I liked the controllers, but it was so uncomfortable compared to the PSVR. It was pushing against my glasses and actually was hurting after a bit.

If you could buy one cheaply, I would recommend PSVR, otherwise I would suggest waiting for a discount or getting something better.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

No. I bought it and I used it for around six hours in total.