Is there any way...?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

slip_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 slip_killer
Member since 2006 • 1261 Posts
To get off those guitar hero stickers off a ps3? I put one on in my stupidity and now it seems like it is sealed on and will never come off cleanly.
cristoefur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 cristoefur
Member since 2008 • 75 Posts

you can try: soap n water or nail polish remover but im not sure if that might damage the surface.

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
To get off those guitar hero stickers off a ps3? I put one on in my stupidity and now it seems like it is sealed on and will never come off cleanly.slip_killer
:lol: you put a GH sticker on your PS3!? WHY!?
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts
I could understand putting on a domo kid sticker or even a spongebob sticker but GH!? Maybe you could sell it to a kid for a price above retail since its a collector's item now.
xsamk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xsamk91
Member since 2009 • 100 Posts
owned.
bloomper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 bloomper
Member since 2004 • 72 Posts
White Sprit
Shmoe82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#7 Shmoe82
Member since 2003 • 672 Posts
To get off those guitar hero stickers off a ps3? I put one on in my stupidity and now it seems like it is sealed on and will never come off cleanly.slip_killer
Rubbing alcohol (70%-95%) should work, strong vinegar or hydrogen peroxide (may not work if you get 2% or lower). Very hot direct heat from a hair dryer may work.
AfgZeroVirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AfgZeroVirus
Member since 2007 • 631 Posts

[QUOTE="slip_killer"]To get off those guitar hero stickers off a ps3? I put one on in my stupidity and now it seems like it is sealed on and will never come off cleanly.Shmoe82
Rubbing alcohol (70%-95%) should work, strong vinegar or hydrogen peroxide (may not work if you get 2% or lower). Very hot direct heat from a hair dryer may work.

What he said, try the hair dryer first by applying heat to one corner of the sticker and slowly peel it while applying heat.

slip_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 slip_killer
Member since 2006 • 1261 Posts

[QUOTE="Shmoe82"][QUOTE="slip_killer"]To get off those guitar hero stickers off a ps3? I put one on in my stupidity and now it seems like it is sealed on and will never come off cleanly.AfgZeroVirus

What he said, try the hair dryer first by applying heat to one corner of the sticker and slowly peel it while applying heat.

I'll try that, thanks.
ZacherWol19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 ZacherWol19
Member since 2007 • 1336 Posts

Hope it works.

I really posted this to make sure my new sig works last time it didnt so thanks

Edit: It worked. TC, your good luck

Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#11 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts
I reckon. Buy some of that Goo-Off stuff :P
bubnux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bubnux
Member since 2006 • 1934 Posts
Don't listen to these guys, here's what you do. Take a bowl, mix equal parts mayonnaise, peanut butter (chunky works best but any will do) toothpaste and mustard. It doesn't take much, spread evenly over surface of sticker and let it dry. Then, put a piece of white bread in the toaster, when it's done butter the toast heavily and rest the buttered side over the sticker which is now covered in goo. After aboot fifteen minutes, remove the toast and spread a piece of bologna (the store bought blister pack type) over the now butterey goo- press firmly over bologna to flatten the goo and peel off. Voila! No more sticker. By the way, this method of sticker removal is confirmed!!
hyperkass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hyperkass
Member since 2009 • 938 Posts

smooth. very smooth.

your ps3 is scarred for life.

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
Don't listen to these guys, here's what you do. Take a bowl, mix equal parts mayonnaise, peanut butter (chunky works best but any will do) toothpaste and mustard. It doesn't take much, spread evenly over surface of sticker and let it dry. Then, put a piece of white bread in the toaster, when it's done butter the toast heavily and rest the buttered side over the sticker which is now covered in goo. After aboot fifteen minutes, remove the toast and spread a piece of bologna (the store bought blister pack type) over the now butterey goo- press firmly over bologna to flatten the goo and peel off. Voila! No more sticker. By the way, this method of sticker removal is confirmed!!bubnux
Hahahahaha...that's hilaaaaaaaarious. To the TC...don't do that. You could try scraping it off with a little hot hair and a plastic razorblade. That's what I always used when I was a detailer to get bumper stickers off resells.