Playstation 5 preorder ordeal

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DemiGamerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By DemiGamerX
Member since 2020 • 2 Posts

Hello readers and fellow gamers. We were all there during the livestream, September 17th, 2020(well except me, I was 3 days late). Sony announced the release date of the playstation 5, and viewers of the livestream were told they could preorder this beautiful system both the physical and digital versions on their website and other sites that have the Playstation 5 such as GameStop, Target, and BestBuy. After that was said, Gamers and parents of young gamers flooded those sites faster than screaming 14 year old girls at a Justin Bieber show..that joke is still relevant right? Please say yes. Anyway, everyone was on the site, preordering their favorite consoles, some ordered the physicals and some ordered digitals and even some ordered them both, why I have no idea but hey it's their money.

Ok, now insert me, the protagonist of this story..wait can the writer be the protagonist? Oh who cares, anyway. My mother had just woken me and my brother up to ask us which console should we preorder, we both said physical because we prefer to have the disc instead of having to download EVERY SINGLE GAME THAT COMES OUT AND TAKE UP A LOT OF GIGABYTES! (sorry personal issue of mine). So we went to pre-order and we got a message no one wanted to see, not a gamer, nor a collector, hell not even god would want to see.

I wanted to drop so many F bombs that even chef Ramsay would say "You curse too much". I wasn't the only one upset about this, both my mother and my little brother were mad. So we called up gamestop and they told us that they ran out yesterday. Sad thing is that I had the same issue trying to get my first Nintendo switch during the quarantine, left and right both gamestop and Target said they sold out, I had to go to New Jersey to buy the switch lite. So I'm already not a happy human being, so we checked Target and BestBuy and guess what, they sold out too! So our mom issued out a mission to us which is to keep an eye out for the system.

So a couple of days after that dilemma, we went to go shopping for food when my mom brought up a video she watched explaining about a Gamestop scandal. Yep Gamestop is yet at it again. According to the Youtuber KingAlexHD, in his video he reads two or three reddit post by Gamestop employees about how their Store managers and other employees are pre ordering these consoles both physical and Digital and telling customers who arrived on the day to pre order them that they sold out and suggest the come back the next day, only some of them decided to sell them on ebay for outrageous prices.

One story that stood out to me was about a store manager who pre ordered every single PS5 using fabricated names and sold them for between $800 to $1000, let me repeat that from $800 to $1000!!!! ONE AND THREE FLIPPING ZEROES!! Like seriously!? We're doing this again!? First it was the Nintendo switch and now it's the Playstation 5, the damn thing didn't even come out yet. My aunt said it best herself "This world is going to hell in a handbasket.". So yeah if you want to see the video yourself, in fact that's where I got the photo of the prices from, view the video Here.

Anyway that was my experience with trying to pre-order the playstation 5. Hopefully you readers were able to preorder one of the consoles, and if so then congratulations on being a winner while the rest of us are still fighting to get one. Also hope you all are staying safe during this pandemic, I understand the Playstation 5 is a must have but I don't think it's worth risking your health for it. Anyway stay safe, stay healthy, and keep gaming. Also if you're wondering if I got the happy ending and pre ordered the system? The answer is no, still searching. 2020 officially sucks.