PLAYSTATION PLUS GAMES SEPTEMBER 2016

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ArranDavidson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By ArranDavidson
Member since 2016 • 11 Posts

Three hours ago, Sony announced on the Playstation Blog what free games Playstation Plus members will be getting in September. Overall (based on the comment section of the blog) this month's titles have been well recieved by fans with one fan, 'ge0smash' saying "Is the boss crazy or on drugs? This is actually a good list! It’s time to become a subscriber again then."

Playstation 4:

Journey: Journey is a gorgeous adventure game made by thatgamecompany back in 2012. The game has the player taking the role of a robed figure in a desert, travelling towards a mountain in the distance. Other players on the same journey can be discovered, and two players can help and assist each other, however they can not communicate through text or speech, instead, players must talk using a musical chime.

Reviewers of the praised the auditory and visual art as well as the sense of companionship created by playing as a stranger, calling it a "moving and emotional experience". Journey has been dubbed as one of the greatest games of all time and has won several "game of the year" awards among others.

Lords of the Fallen: In this gorgeous RPG game you take on the role of Harkyn in his quest to end the war between gods and humans. In a game where every decision matters, the choices you make throughout the game can have devastating consequences. Players can choose from 3 classes so the experience can be tailored to their play style.

Badland: Badland is a multi-award-winning side-scrolling action adventure game with over 30 million players worldwide. Badland has been praised for its innovative physics-based gameplay, deviously creative levels and stunningly atmospheric graphics and audio. Badland features a ton of content for its single-player and its unique single-device up-to-4 player multiplayer modes.

Playstation 3:

Journey: Journey is a gorgeous adventure game made by thatgamecompany back in 2012. The game has the player taking the role of a robed figure in a desert, travelling towards a mountain in the distance. Other players on the same journey can be discovered, and two players can help and assist each other, however they can not communicate through text or speech, instead, players must talk using a musical chime.

Reviewers of the praised the auditory and visual art as well as the sense of companionship created by playing as a stranger, calling it a "moving and emotional experience". Journey has been dubbed as one of the greatest games of all time and has won several "game of the year" awards among others.

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands: Produced by Ubisoft back in 2010, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands takes place in the seven year gap between Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time and Prince of Persia: Warrior Within.

The game makes you take on the roll of the Prince who is riding through a desert on his horse, on a quest to see his brother, Malik, and learn about leadership from him. When the Prince arrives at Malik's kingdom, he finds it under attack by an army which is attempting to breach the treasure vaults for a great power known as "Solomon's Army".

Datura: Datura is a game which creates a hallucinogenic world where the things you see aren't really there. You can read Colin Moriarty's Review here - http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/05/07/datura-review

Badland: Badland is a multi-award-winning side-scrolling action adventure game with over 30 million players worldwide. Badland has been praised for its innovative physics-based gameplay, deviously creative levels and stunningly atmospheric graphics and audio. Badland features a ton of content for its single-player and its unique single-device up-to-4 player multiplayer modes.

PS Vita:

Amnesia: Memories: On the 1st of August, you awake as the Heroine, with previous memories of who you are somehow snatched away from you. In your confusion, a mysterious spirit named Orion appears to help you regain your memories. Youll explore your own world as a complete stranger, trying to understand what was once familiar all while hiding your condition from the five men close to you. Because, as Orion warns, you may jeopardize any chance of recovering your memories if anyone finds out. Its now up to you recover the past to rewrite your future love story!

What do you think of this months Playstation Plus games? Drop a comment below.

You can follow me on twitter - @DavidsonArran

vespuche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 vespuche
Member since 2007 • 1078 Posts

Good news for those who haven't played Journey. Not a great value because it is so cheap anyway.

Not familiar with Lords of the Fallen. Watched this IGN review on YouTube. Doesn't look half bad, I may give it a shot. :)

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I got Journey PS3 and then the PS4 version was free with Crossbuy. I also already have Lords of the Fallen, which didn't really grab me.

It's not a good month for me, but I'm not going to complain about it. There's always next month.

A few titles in there I'll give a try (Datura, Badland), even if I'm not excited right now.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I have never played journey believe it or not so im glad i waited. I have lords of the fallen on games with gold but havent downloaded it yet. Not really my type of game. I hated dark souls.

Avatar image for rosinmonkekyx17
rosinmonkekyx17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rosinmonkekyx17
Member since 2015 • 3019 Posts

One of the best line-ups I've seen lol

Avatar image for logicallizard07
logicallizard07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 logicallizard07
Member since 2015 • 325 Posts

Can't wait to play Journey and Badland looks like it could be cool.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#6 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I've actually never played Journey... might as well give it a go now. None of the other games interest me. I played The Forgotten Sands long ago and it was average at best to me.

Chris_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#8 Chris_53
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts

Journey I already own and love. Lords of the Fallen I've tried since it became free and thought it was pretty horrible. A blatant Dark Souls rip off with slow, unresponsive controls