What would you ideal Last of Us 2 game be like? (possible spoilers)

Avatar image for Alexander2cents
Alexander2cents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

User Lists: 0

#1 Alexander2cents
Member since 2012 • 712 Posts

Everyone hated the Last of Us 2. It was the most hated game of the year by audience. But one would wonder what it would be like if the game was ideal? I never played it but I want to so I can see what it's like.

My ideal TLOU 2 game would be this. A game where it continues the story of Joel and Ellie continue the journey around the post apocalyptic world to find a cure for the clicker virus.They find a good doctor.

The game would have open levels.

There is less focus on identity politics because after the apocalypse anything goes and the fight for survival is the most important thing unless maybe there was an right wing group that at some point hated people like that causing further shock. But that would be a story beat only in the middle of the plot.

But really, what would you ideal TLOU2 tale be? Let me know in the comments below what you think? We're all adults here (i think) so keep it peaceful.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#2 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

My ideal TLOU2 would be a game that actually has something of a unique or engaging story, and no goddamn ladder puzzles.

I played through the original late last year and I have to say that apart from graphics, it's overrated in every single way and the story did nothing for me.

HankMulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 HankMulder
Member since 2020 • 203 Posts

@Alexander2cents said:

Everyone hated the Last of Us 2.

Not true at all.

It's always the vocal minority. I've recently finished the game and went through all the ''haters'' comments. Most of them are in the line with ''it's not what I wanted in TLOU game''. I understand some of the gripe people have with the story (gameplay wise game is flawless) but blaming it on bad writing and ''why am I playing as Abby'' is just ludacris. As mad as sending death threats to Laura Bailey.

It's a revenge story. Story with no winners. Deal with it.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

The one I played. I loved it.