Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Warm_Gun  Online
Member since 2021 • 2467 Posts

Senate passes bill to make Daylight Saving Time permanent starting in 2023

Washington — The Senate on Tuesday unanimously approved a bill that would make Daylight Saving Time permanent beginning in November 2023, a significant leap forward in the push to ensure an extra hour of sunlight at the end of the day all year round.

The bill, known as the Sunshine Protection Act, earned 17 cosponsors from both parties in the upper chamber and was passed by unanimous consent. Senator Marco Rubio, a Republican from Florida, has long been a proponent of making the clock change permanent and led the push to pass the bill.

"The good news is if we can get this passed, we don't have to keep doing this stupidity anymore," Rubio said on the Senate floor. "Hopefully this is the year that this gets done and, pardon the pun, but this is an idea whose time has come."

Instead of getting rid of this stupid practice, the US government is making it permanent for the entire country. **** Florida. God damn.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts

Thank god, it's about time. I honestly don't care what option they chose so long as we stopped the practice.

@warm_gun said:

Instead of getting rid of this stupid practice, the US government is making it permanent for the entire country. **** Florida. God damn.

What is your issue with this? Would you rather it be lighter earlier and darker earlier?

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

It doesn't really matter to me how it's done, the whole practice of switching clocks around is ridiculous, and doesn't make sense. Most people are intelligent to understand days get shorter in the winter, we don't need to change our clocks to compensate for it.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Warm_Gun  Online
@mrbojangles25 said:

Thank god, it's about time. I honestly don't care what option they chose so long as we stopped the practice.

@warm_gun said:

What is your issue with this? Would you rather it be lighter earlier and darker earlier?

Confused by your question, because in the first part of the post it seems as if you dislike adjusting clocks and altering your schedule as much as I. Heard it takes some people two weeks to adjust.

Also makes it harder to watch my movies at the volume I want, with as little daylight as I want.

@eoten said:

It doesn't really matter to me how it's done, the whole practice of switching clocks around is ridiculous, and doesn't make sense. Most people are intelligent to understand days get shorter in the winter, we don't need to change our clocks to compensate for it.

This. Rubio is a douche.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#5 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6101 Posts

I wish Canada would follow the same bill. Wasn’t the reason for the time change had something to do with the 2nd World War?

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7333 Posts

Excellent. I've been waiting for this to happen for years.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8317 Posts

I like this, I don't like getting home from work and it's already night. Prefer the extra hour of light in the evening.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

Probably need to change school start times then, which conflicts with work times for parents. Or stay with standard time.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Warm_Gun  Online

Wait, they're getting rid of the time switching? Well, that was confusing. So I don't have a reason to hate Marco Rubio for this, for pushing it through. Good, get rid of it.

Wait, no, that's even worse! I don't want that much daylight in the evening!

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

This is a good thing, I hope the rest of the world that still change the clocks twice a year stop this.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#12 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

2023 is too far... It should have started a few weeks ago. :P

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Warm_Gun  Online

Most places in America aren't even that pretty, because it's almost all designed around cars and businesses. Go home earlier for what?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38684 Posts

seems a little stupid. i'd rather have daylight in the morning than at night. it's already pitch black early in the morning in the winter when on standard time. at this rate, the fucking sun won't rise until like 8:30am at the start of winter.

who fucking cares if it's light out at 5pm in the dead of winter??

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#15 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

I don’t know how to feel about this. Anyone have a simple breakdown of the advantages and/or disadvantages of this change? Social, economic, other reasons?