deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1 deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
Member since 2020 • 1426 Posts

https://www.thehindu.com/news/international/george-floyd-death-four-minneapolis-police-officers-face-charges/article31743732.ece

Can't even think of how George Flyod suffered and died. Thankfully its peaceful now as miami cops apologised to protestors. Do the cops got no common sense?

P.S - Please don't make this into a race topic, but about police brutality in US.

Well?

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14811 Posts

Bro, you've been here long enough to know that this goes in PG.

At least the other cops involved in Floyd's murder have been charged. And the one that killed him is now facing 2nd degree murder.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3 deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
Member since 2020 • 1426 Posts

@SOedipus said:

At least the other cops involved in Floyd's murder have been charged. And the one that killed him is now facing 2nd degree murder.

Good to know it :)

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17663 Posts

Upgraded to 2nd degree? Damn.

That’s willful intent to kill, only lacking premeditation. I hope the AG isn’t risking throwing an assured conviction as the burden of proof to demonstrate willful intent to take a life is far greater than to show it was not the actual intent, but an accident.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

While it’s a horrific thing that the cop killed a man, it’s still not 2nd degree murder. Even the newest lawyer on the planet can get that charge not to stick. I know lawyers will bring race into the equation, but there’s no proof of that either.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#6 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

This is one of those silly things where life really becomes parody of it self. You are persecuting a murder and you have to pick doors 1, 2 or 3 hoping to get it right. Wouldn't it be more logical to establish if there was a murder or not, and from there based on facts chose what door to open?

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@phbz said:

This is one of those silly things where life really becomes parody of it self. You are persecuting a murder and you have to pick doors 1, 2 or 3 hoping to get it right. Wouldn't it be more logical to establish if there was a murder or not, and from there based on facts chose what door to open?

You'd think so, The problem is there really isn't a solution to racist cops, so it's just best to do what the people want and hope it works till the next time.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#8 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7208 Posts

I hope this cop gets the death sentence. He is pure scum of the earth.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178850 Posts

@phbz said:

You know two coroners ruled homicide right? Should they ignore that?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#10 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: I didn't express my self clearly, sorry.

What I'm saying (not only just for this case) is that if you have a case when the death of someone was clearly due to the actions of another person, if proved in court, than that person should be condemn for murder. Without the risk of not being condemned because defence went for 1st degree and lost the case because there wasnt a certainty between 1st or 2nd. 1st, 2nd or 3rd degrees condemnations should come after it was guaranteed a base condemnation for murder.

"If the jury returns a verdict of not guilty then you can not be tried on a lesser included offense. All grades of murder are lesser included offenses of first degree murder so you could not be retired for second degree murder upon an acquittal for first degree murder."

Not sure if this explanation is correct. If so, it just sounds surreal that a person clearly guilty of murder can walk free because the accusation didn't get the right kind of murder right.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@magnum3000 said:
P.S - Please don't make this into a race topic, but about police brutality in US.

But this is a race topic, it's specifically a race topic because the police and the systemic oppression blacks are facing is why everyone is protesting, and why the cops are committing such high amounts of brutality, despite only weeks prior, doing nothing to the fully armed and armoured right-wing white supremacists who walked into state houses without resistance.

The police are a means with which the ruling class control the working class through violence and intimidation, to prevent them from organizing and acting out against the state or owners of capital. All fascist countries use militarized police to suppress the general public.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58357 Posts

I think it became murder after the first few minutes he kneeled on his neck. Just my opinion on the subject, not sure what the actual rules are.

You know, if it was an accident, he would been like "Oh shit, you can't breathe? I better got off you". But this? Nah man he was like "Oh, good, he can't breathe. I better kneel on his neck for a few more minutes just to be sure". Murrrrrrrrderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

What I am really curious about is whether or not it will be a hate crime.

@magnum3000 said:

Please don't make this into a race topic, but about police brutality in US.

Sorry broseph but the two are intertwined in this case. I just can't believe this would have happened to a white dude.

Cops will arrest white people. They'll shoot them. They'll beat 'em with sticks. But I don't think they would do something as brutal as kneel on their neck....for almost 9 minutes.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sevenizz

Has anyone bothered to check out Floyd’s rap sheet?

https://youtu.be/-ytQaMDkuuU

It’s not pretty. Dude shoved a loaded pistol into the belly of a pregnant woman. Not saying he deserved what he got on his final day, but he wasn’t a hero or saint the media’s cracked him out to be.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127509 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

I think it became murder after the first few minutes he kneeled on his neck. Just my opinion on the subject, not sure what the actual rules are.

You know, if it was an accident, he would been like "Oh shit, you can't breathe? I better got off you". But this? Nah man he was like "Oh, good, he can't breathe. I better kneel on his neck for a few more minutes just to be sure". Murrrrrrrrderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

What I am really curious about is whether or not it will be a hate crime.

@magnum3000 said:

Please don't make this into a race topic, but about police brutality in US.

Sorry broseph but the two are intertwined in this case. I just can't believe this would have happened to a white dude.

Cops will arrest white people. They'll shoot them. They'll beat 'em with sticks. But I don't think they would do something as brutal as kneel on their neck....for almost 9 minutes.

Isn't available data not very good on this? Another article I read here just minutes ago stated that good data isn't available, however it seems that black people are more often stopped (picked an example about drunk driving because it was used in a recent article about the same subject). When the sun goes down and it is harder to determine someone skin colour, there is a change in rate on who get stopped.

Police are brutal against everyone though, just some meet their brutality more often.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#15 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49572 Posts

@Sevenizz: Home invasion robbery is a very serious and violent crime. He did his time though for it, I don't recall hearing about anything in Minnesota. Granted, typically, those who partake in meth do not make good decisions in life.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178850 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

It’s not pretty. Dude shoved a loaded pistol into the belly of a pregnant woman. Not saying he deserved what he got on his final day, but he wasn’t a hero or saint the media’s cracked him out to be.

Victim blaming...…….

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58357 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Sevenizz said:

Victim blaming...…….

I don't understand why people keep trying to find an "out" for this cop's actions, or even try to lessen the severity of it. Oh he wasn't an ideal human being? Guess he had this coming....not.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23040 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Sevenizz said:

Victim blaming...…….

I don't understand why people keep trying to find an "out" for this cop's actions, or even try to lessen the severity of it. Oh he wasn't an ideal human being? Guess he had this coming....not.

This is ALWAYS the playbook. It's a core defense strategy in every police brutality defense case I've read about simply because it works.

Key life lesson from studying criminal cases: If you ever find yourself facing a jury, be petrified. Virtually no jurors are versed in law, and many of them can't even properly follow directions in how to apply the relevant laws to their case when explicitly told how to because law is complicated and people possess predispositions.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@mattbbpl said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Victim blaming...…….

This is ALWAYS the playbook. It's a core defense strategy in every police brutality defense case I've read about simply because it works.

Key life lesson from studying criminal cases: If you ever find yourself facing a jury, be petrified. Virtually no jurors are versed in law, and many of them can't even properly follow directions in how to apply the relevant laws to their case when explicitly told how to because law is complicated and people possess predispositions.

By this measure we could line up half of the Trump administration and let them suffer the same fate. Trump himself has been successfully sued several times again. The guy has broken the law through his sh*tty business practices for decades.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Sevenizz

@mattbbpl: @mrbojangles25: ‘Not saying he deserved what he got on his final day’

I guess y’all missed this part I clearly wrote. I’m not justifying the cop’s actions in the slightest. But I’ve seen Floyd’s picture plastered all over the media and on signs at verious protests. The man does not deserve hero worship status given his priors.

Also, there’s still no proof his killing was racially motivated. It was the stupid actions of a bad cop. But it’s not the norm of good cops which there’s more of than said cop.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23935 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

@mattbbpl: @mrbojangles25: ‘Not saying he deserved what he got on his final day’

I guess y’all missed this part I clearly wrote. I’m not justifying the cop’s actions in the slightest. But I’ve seen Floyd’s picture plastered all over the media and on signs at verious protests. The man does not deserve hero worship status given his priors.

Also, there’s still no proof his killing was racially motivated. It was the stupid actions of a bad cop. But it’s not the norm of good cops which there’s more of than said cop.

I can't think anyone who thinks he is a hero, he is a martyr. But not a hero.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23040 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

"I'm not saying he deserved it, I'm just saying look at his rap sheet! This is relevant to the brutality case!"

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@mattbbpl said:
@Sevenizz said:

"I'm not saying he deserved it, I'm just saying look at his rap sheet! This is relevant to the brutality case!"

'The cops were definitely in the wrong, but the toxicology report is certainly interesting.'