BRA vs GER (1-7) World Cup 2014

This topic is locked from further discussion.

drodriguesaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 drodriguesaar
Member since 2012 • 173 Posts

Wow I just can't belive that Brazil lose the football match in a such shamefull way.

Brazil national team wasn't playing very well since the start of the world cup against the national team of Croatia. It seems that they can't hold very well the pressure and lose the control of the match.

Even Algeria played against Germany in a high level match due to the tactical scheme. After the first goal of germany the team just vanished....

What do you guys think that Brazil could have done to win the match?

Star0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Star0
Member since 2012 • 451 Posts

It's no surprise that they got hammered by a well-oiled, efficient machine like Germany. The only surprising thing is the reaction of the home nation as if if they had some God-given right to win the tournament. They've had an average side for quite a few years now. Croatia got screwed in the opening match and Brazil have played relatively easy opposition since. Brazil struck once but Germany struck seven times and it could have been more had Ozil been worthy of the national team. Klose should have buried more too, but for his overall contribution to the whole competition, you can't really fault him. Karma won in the end. They were always going to face a decent side eventually, it just so happens that 'decent' side is the current best team in the world. You couldn't pick out any star players from the Brazilian squad. There are no strong leaders such as Cafu, Jairzinho, Zico, Pele, Carlos, Rivaldo, Romario, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Lucio, Emerson, Kaka, Silva, Juninho, Edmilson, Socrates etc. David Luiz is an utter liability and has no footballing brain. As a Chelsea fan I'm over the moon the club managed to get £50M for him! Brazil could have done nothing to win that match as they are nowhere near the same level as Germany. They need to rebuild from the grassroots because at this moment in time they're looking like a group of amateur street-footballers with a thuggish mentality rather than a professional team. They are light years apart from their predecessors and Scolari should be sacked. He fielded a lightweight midfield that got brushed aside with ease and left Ramires and Willian on the bench - two strong runners who are full of stamina. Who does that? He stuck with Fred the whole tournament. Again, who does that? That Brazil team is a group of average individuals, not a tight-knit, well-drilled, disciplined unit like Germany who have an abundance of quality on top. That's the job of the manager and his tactics were pathetic. He chose 'big' names instead of having the balls to choose players on merit and now he's saying the squad doesn't need an overhaul! Brazil need a manager with a fresh attitude to the game, much like England. Scolari has to go, in my opinion. The funny thing is despite being as bad as they are, England are ten times worse. That's how far England are from challenging on the international scene. You can blame the pressure, you can pinpoint their failure of their poster boy Neymar not playing, but the crux of the matter is that they are simply not good enough.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

Brazil learned that we can't win everytime based on jeitinho, acting on the edge of legality, diving and being violent. Quality is essential. This is a reflect of what our daily lives are today in Brazil: no one cares about studying to know what they're doing at work, and brazilian football athletes think they are great just because of the nationality, so they don't train nearly as much as other national teams do. So... it was the first game in this cup that Brazil tried to experiment fair play, with almost no fauls, no divings, and by doing that, we saw that there was no inherent quality underlying the schemes of our seleção. The better won the game, I think that's just. I hope my fellow brazilian citizens understand that this game shows that there's a reason for law to exist, for merit to be hard earned, and we can't become a great nation while indulging in this "jeitinho" way-of-like we currently have. The "jeitinho" somehow got it's way even into football, and it destroyed even that last proud of ours...

Mercuria1_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Mercuria1_King
Member since 2014 • 278 Posts

I am disappointed that I missed the game.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#5 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19660 Posts

It looks like the current Brazil football team was becoming too over-dependent on Neymar, at the expense of developing the rest of the team as a whole.

udUbdaWgz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By udUbdaWgz1
Member since 2014 • 633 Posts

lol, nobody was or is scared about nomar. puzzy personified. soccer glitz perfect. soccer proved its the 5th best sport, again.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#7 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

What the **** do you expect when you put Fred on top? Look at guys who were left out. Coutinho, Robinho, Marqinhos, Rafael, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Moura, Lucas, Sandro, etc. All of them were superior to Fred. What the hell was Scolari thinking?

NoxRainbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 NoxRainbow
Member since 2014 • 36 Posts

As I'm German, it was one of the best days in my life. Watched it at friends home and holy shit, my voice was dead the next day!