Knicks Get Best Player In Draft

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Kristaps falls to the Knicks and now they finally have a piece you can build a franchise around.

Usually his weight coming into the league would be a concern but he's got two things going for him.

1. He's probably the most talented stretch four to ever enter the league (as in no one was more developed than he is when they were a rookie)
  2. He's not afraid to mix it up in the paint

This means that Kristaps can contribute right away. Make him face the basket on offense to start and as he gets a more NBA ready body he can go inside.

The main problems when you draft a C/PF is that they either don't have the body to withstand playing both defense and offense primarily in the paint or they don't like mixing it up in the paint so they never get a solid low post game.

I think Towns and Okafor will both be great picks by their teams but the Knicks snagged the best one.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

You're drunk....

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

You're drunk....

In what way?

Kristaps has been a point guard and is an excellent passer. He's played in the same league as Pau and Marc and held his own. He's got fast hands and is a threat from 3 point range. He's a student of the game and and can handle complicated offensive and defensive schemes. He also gets better as the game and season goes on being a player who wants the ball when the game is on the line and can deliver.

I'm very excited to see his game grow in the next few years.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

I have a strange hunch too that Porzingis is going to be good. Except that the Knicks will find its way sucking like always and he will leave for a better team. I'm crazy I know, but I just have this feeling.

Also I have a bad feeling that Russell for the Lakers is going to be a bust.

RevanBITW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By RevanBITW
Member since 2013 • 739 Posts

Fans wants to get the big names, they don't want the giant skinny european they never saw play who's going to need a couple years to develop his potential. Especially if you're a New York sports team fan.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts
@Bikouchu35 said:

I have a strange hunch too that Porzingis is going to be good. Except that the Knicks will find its way sucking like always and he will leave for a better team. I'm crazy I know, but I just have this feeling.

Also I have a bad feeling that Russell for the Lakers is going to be a bust.

It seems to me that more NBA athletes are starting to prefer small market teams more than big markets. Possibly due to be easier to get their names out and have less pressure on the media? I'm not sure why, because Anthony Davis decided to stay in New Orleans despite getting bigger offers from going to big market teams.