What do you think about the new Russel Wilson contract of 87.6M?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for madeinbrazil123
madeinbrazil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 0

Poll What do you think about the new Russel Wilson contract of 87.6M? (11 votes)

Way too much, he is been overrated. 73%
The amount is just perfect. 18%
For a guy with his talent, it is a bargain. 9%
 • 
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50613 Posts

He's good, but paying him around Rodgers money is just ridiculous. But QBs are being paid way too much now. I mean look at Cam and Kap...

centrifugal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 centrifugal
Member since 2015 • 104 Posts

Being over payed. He's good because of his team. Not Aaron Rodgers/Peyton Manning level of QB.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Currently he is not elite.

I don't know if it's wise to pay him elite money in the hopes he does become elite.

It challenges the entire way the players see the Seahawks though. It's one of the main reasons Kam is holding out. The Seahawks changed the way they're paying players so Kam wants in on that.

When you pay your QB you open yourself up to problems, lots of people think that it's simply because of salary cap issues but it's not always the case as shown in this case.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#5 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts

It's not outrageous at all. Anyone who thinks he is just a game manager isn't watching, simple as that. He makes us go and we don't get to two SBs without him at the helm. Money well spent and I'm glad we locked him up.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@monkeytoes61 said:

It's not outrageous at all. Anyone who thinks he is just a game manager isn't watching, simple as that. He makes us go and we don't get to two SBs without him at the helm. Money well spent and I'm glad we locked him up.

Ehhh

His completion percentage was lower than QB's like Cutler and Dalton. He's got major deficiencies in his game on his own side of the field becoming a huge liability in his own 20. It's hard to say someone is elite when in the red zone they become a QB that can't even complete 50% of his passes.

He's good, they paid him elite money hoping he'll get there.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#7 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts

@Jaysonguy: Who has he ever had to throw to? Shitty play calling has been the problem in the red zone, and all over the field for that matter. That dude can throw the ball, problem is we're always forcing him to throw garbage bubble screens that always get blown up. If we ever decide to unleash him, it'll be a different story.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22391 Posts

Getting paid that amount of money to play sport is ludicrous to me... but anyway.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44624 Posts

he took them to two Super Bowls, maybe he might not ever again but at least he got something for it, maybe he should pay for some better tackles to contain him out of his own pocket if he wants to prolong his career with a better performance and he can renegotiate later

personally, I can't tell you, I know NFL teams have limits on salaries and such, and I don't know how what that is and how a salary like this limits their ability to negotiate for better players elsewhere, I hope they still have wiggle room to recruit better talent is all

anyhow, if they can't recruit on salary, can they wiggle around that with milestone bonuses(?), like bonuses for so many yards in the season, so many first downs, so many whatever, can they get around salary caps with that? might be a better way of incentivizing results rather than letting players become complacent with mediocrity once they've negotiated a sweet deal

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Getting paid that amount of money to play sport is ludicrous to me... but anyway.

Shouldn't be, players (along with owners) generate a staggering amount of revenue and some of it flows rightfully to them.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22391 Posts

@Master_Live: So... it's still ludicrous. Especially when comparing it to professions that really matter to society such as doctors, nurses, police, scientists etc (who get practically nothing compared to some of the sport "stars").