SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45315 Posts

It can be anything.. change the industry, resurrect your favorite IP, make a system vanish, make you forget such and such game, etc etc.. For me, I would have one wish about reliving some of my favorite games in the 90s. Is it nostalgia, or were they truly amazing for their time? Second wish would be to stop Silent Hills from getting canceled. The PT Trailer was an incredible experience, and to think that was almost 10 years ago.. Third wish would be to bring back the pioneering spirit of games.. it seems like 90% of games today play it safe. Would love to see more risk taking and innovation, tho I know that is difficult.

How about you, SW? A Game Genie grants you three wishes, what would they be?

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6410 Posts

Anything huh, well digital would be the first to go, cutscenes would be next and all micros third. Gaming has become worse because of those 3 things.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@last_lap: 😄 no digital games at all? Damn, that is rough!

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50613 Posts

Final Fantasy goes back to turn based.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Last_Lap

@SolidGame_basic said:

In your country digital is the EXACT same price as physical, there is no reason for that at all, and not a single game dev or publisher can explain why that is.

Secondly in my country digital is on average $20 dearer than physical which is stupid beyond belief. No games are made in Australia, so they are shipped here costing money and yet Steam/Sony/MS/Nintendo charge you $20 more for digital that has ZERO shipping, packaging costs etc. It is insane.

Let's be honest and say gamers are dumb fucks, we really are because they (not me) pay for that without complaint.

I know by cutting cutscenes altogether will hurt your faction, but in time you will learn to appreciate playing games again.

And micros, well I think it's the one subject that all gamers (on here at least) can agree with.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39384 Posts

All three wishes would be laser focused on one thing and one thing only. Nintendo sells the Metroid IP (they don't deserve to have it) to Fromsoft, and fromsoft creates a mother*cking banger like we've never seen before.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#7 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70012 Posts

Easy, no exclusives.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#8  Edited By dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16021 Posts
  • Get rid of micro-transactions
  • Give Halo 2 an ending
  • Increase the sales of indie games
Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

A proper Parasite Eve sequel.

Silent Hills not being murdered.

More exclusives.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1258 Posts

Ubisoft buys fromsoft and has them work on dlc for Assassin's Creed.

Microsoft buys Nintendo and all their games are put on gamepass.

I'd like to see everything past and present released on Steam and work flawlessly on the Deck

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts
  1. No forced exclusives. Obviously incidental exclusivity will exist based on demand (for example, not a lot of need for a study-sim like DCS World on the Nintendo Switch), but the kind of exclusivity we see practiced by major corporations in the gaming world needs to go.
  2. Encourage more risk-taking on the larger AAA space. Less milking of franchises. Where is my Splinter Cell? Where are all the new IP's? We made a big deal when Bethesda made their first new IP in 20+ years and we acted all grateful for it, but the question we should be asking is why 20 years? Why not 5?!
  3. No predatory microtransactions. DLC is fine, legitimately good content is fine. I'm not opposed to extra content coming at later dates like proper expansions of old. But day-one DLC is bullshit. Any content released on the first day (hell, the first few months) should be included with the retail game.
@my_user_name said:

Ubisoft buys fromsoft and has them work on dlc for Assassin's Creed.

Microsoft buys Nintendo and all their games are put on gamepass.

I'd like to see everything past and present released on Steam and work flawlessly on the Deck

Not sure if you're jesting but that actually sounds pretty damn good to me.

We might love to hate Ubisoft but they've been cranking out some good games. Nintendo games on Game Pass would be dope. And all games on Steam would be amazing, and doesn't take away from anyone.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15954 Posts
  • Bloodborne 2 and with proper closure so that I can move on.
  • More time to play games
  • Cheaper cost of games
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44353 Posts

A new Chrono game made by the same team behind Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross with a AAA budget.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SolidGame_basic

@last_lap said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

In your country digital is the EXACT same price as physical, there is no reason for that at all, and not a single game dev or publisher can explain why that is.

Secondly in my country digital is on average $20 dearer than physical which is stupid beyond belief. No games are made in Australia, so they are shipped here costing money and yet Steam/Sony/MS/Nintendo charge you $20 more for digital that has ZERO shipping, packaging costs etc. It is insane.

Let's be honest and say gamers are dumb fucks, we really are because they (not me) pay for that without complaint.

I know by cutting cutscenes altogether will hurt your faction, but in time you will learn to appreciate playing games again.

And micros, well I think it's the one subject that all gamers (on here at least) can agree with.

Lol, Have you seen the Hellblade 2 trailers? More cut scenes than all PlayStation games combined!

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Last_Lap

@SolidGame_basic said:
@last_lap said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Lol, Have you seen the Hellblade 2 trailers? More cut scenes than all PlayStation games combined!

Hellblade 2 is crap to me. But having said that it has a LOT of work to do to beat Sony and its games when it comes to cutscenes. I mean games like God of War, Last of Us 2 etc have around 7hrs of cutscenes.

And people question how racing games are my favourite genre, all thriller no cutscene filler.

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lavamelon
Member since 2016 • 851 Posts

1) Ultima 8 remake

2) FromSoftware games have easy mode

3) All console manufacturers make Switch-like hybrid consoles (no more massive consoles the size of pregnant cows)

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22819 Posts

Wish 1.... A unified hardware platform.

Wish 2... The end of exclusive games.

Wish 3... Handheld platforms remain innovative and relevant.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

Bring back SOCOM in a big way... like a mega AAA game with 1,2, or Confrontation gameplay with new systems like battle pass, battle royale (on the side), cash shop, live service with a lot of updates, ranked and unranked play, all the classic game modes, emphasis on 1 life non health regen, guns hot, the whole 9 yards.

Two would be to give me a huge budget and let me be the creative director of a game of my choice. I think I could make an incredible game with more than just a little help.

Three would be to see a new competitor join the race with a console/PC hybrid. I'm sure that MS and SONY are already planning something like this at some point, but I want to expedite the process. Give us a system that gets console support and marketplace with Steam and other launcher compatibility... hell give it the ability to run and play mobile, pc, console, retro, emulators, etc.

I know the last one is only a matter of time with all the consolidation going on, but one day it will be nice to have most games under one roof. Rumors already have MS leaving the console business at some point, so SONY and Nintendo need to join forces and have the console side united with the PC side on the side.

Give us like 3 to 5 models to choose from with varying power, storage, features, etc. Possibly make the top 2 models upgradeable, but I do want to keep generations in tact somewhat so the gap isn't so extreme as to giving major advantages.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

1) extricate gaming development from its economic and logistical considerations.

This FAR and above anything I can think of, and is something that I wish would be possible for all creative mediums. If the almighty dollar was no longer a factor in the creation of games, such a liberation would reverberate throughout many aspects of the hobby, for the better: a game’s creative potential would no longer be handcuffed by real world constraints. Variety would explode, creativity would flourish, and niche games would get the AAA treatment as nothing would entail risk. Micro transactions would cease to exist and hold no impact on game design. Games as a service would go away. Etc, etc.

2) a new Silent Hunter MMO with an unlimited budget. I want a full-fledged, open-source simulator modeling the Atlantic Theatre in WWII.

3) the return of Sega to their prime. Their diminishment was a massive loss to the industry.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3091 Posts

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1332 Posts

I wish every time I play my top 3 games it's like playing them for the first time.

I wish every rabid fanboy be joined like a huge human centipede and the first one fed dog shit.

And finally 3 more wishes for money,better looking wife and bigger dick n shit

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6048 Posts

More time to play games

Cheaper Digital costs

Less idiots in multiplayer games

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

No microtransactions. No small DLCs.
Dial back the time and money that goes into making games.
Unified gaming account. Buy a game and play it wherever it can be played.

That would fix.. probably everything I dislike about modern gaming.

Then I wouldn't have to buy redundant hardware, pay 300 bucks for a full game, wait 10 years for the next game, or see money wasted on cutscenes.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#24 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3658 Posts

Shenmue 4 with Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio taking over development of the franchise. Yu Suzuki will still serve as director/writer though Gotoku Studio could definitely bring Shenmue up to the standards of the Yakuza/Like A Dragon games.

Sony announces Resistance Fall of Man with Bungie taking over development of the franchise. You get kidnapped as a baby from earth in the year 2020 and are raised on the home world of the Chimera. You get experimented on and are infused with health regeneration abilities and the ability to have super powers. Bungie could definitely do for Resistance what they did for Halo franchise.

Sega never releases the 32X add on for Sega Genesis.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1137 Posts

Bloodborne Bluepoint Remake and sequel

No more publisher NDAs

Emulation to continue making progress and helping preserve all games/game content

No more game design patents

Bring back 1up and Joystiq

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46487 Posts

@Litchie said:

No microtransactions. No small DLCs.

Dial back the time and money that goes into making games.

Unified gaming account. Buy a game and play it wherever it can be played.

That would fix.. probably everything I dislike about modern gaming.

Then I wouldn't have to buy redundant hardware, pay 300 bucks for a full game, wait 10 years for the next game, or see money wasted on cutscenes.

True this, I hate having to rebuy a game a hundred times to get access to it anywhere.

I never buy microtransactions, wish they would go away and by God I wish they would stop bugging me about buying them.

And yeah make games smaller again. Make them like in the 80s: arcadey and fun.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1137 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: In order to not have to do that though you would probably end up with one of these scenarios:

There would be a cross platform game VM and the games run from there, it would be up to the platform to accelerate it in whatever way they can. A new VM spec could be certified and agreed upon by an open standards body every so often.

Or somehow everyone agrees on using same open license APIs and open hardware specs that could be freely reimplemented on each platform without patent encumbrance.

Otherwise impose a burden on the developer to get the game to run on each platform and include that in the price of the game so that each buyer will subsidize this cost.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#28 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17847 Posts

A Game Genie isn't going to grant you shit when a Game Shark comes to eat it. ;)

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11191 Posts

Move GTA 6 up a year (Also day one PC launch)

A DC vs Marvel fighter developed by Capcom

A universal VR set that's not bulky and very lightweight

Reverse most of these layoffs

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23949 Posts

Reverse the layoffs

Devs find a way to make AAA game development sustainable

IP laws get loosened up a bit, so Nintendo can no longer abuse them

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hardwenzen

@Maroxad said:

Reverse the layoffs

I would use all three wishes to get you instantly shadow banned the second you bitch about my Elden Ring's dlc.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#32 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3658 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

Bloodborne Bluepoint Remake and sequel

No more publisher NDAs

Emulation to continue making progress and helping preserve all games/game content

Bring back 1up and Joystiq

I miss 1up it had a great gaming community.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8782 Posts

Bring on the holodecks.

Bring on the holodecks.

Bring on the holodecks.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Maroxad
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:

Reverse the layoffs

I would use all three wishes to get you instantly shadow banned the second you bitch about my Elden Ring's dlc.

Why would I complain about Elden Ring's upcoming DLC?

Unlike you, I don't complain about games I haven't played... or in the case of ER's DLC (which I forgot was even coming out) wont play.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By hardwenzen
@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:

Reverse the layoffs

Why would I complain about Elden Ring's upcoming DLC?

Unlike you, I don't complain about games I haven't played... or in the case of ER's DLC (which I forgot was even coming out) wont play.

If you're incapable of judging a product without spending hours with it, its your own fault for not knowing what you enjoy and what you don't. In my case, i know exactly the traits of a game that are a must for me, and if they ain't looking pretty from all the videos and streams available, there is a 90% chance the game will be shit, and extra shit for me. Did i play Starfield? I did not, and knew all its issues way before you rented the damn thing🤷‍♂️

And don't get it mistaken, you didn't forget the dlc is approaching. You're just trying hard to dump on the game, making it sound like the dlc is so irrelevant that most have forgotten its coming out. You're not fooling anyone, Maroxad, you're way too easy these days.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15954 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

Really good shout there. Such a pity nemesis system from the Shadow of Mordor and Shadow of War not emulated more due to patent dev hold. Really fun and dynamic A.I system.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Maroxad
@hardwenzen said:

If you're incapable of judging a product without spending hours with it, its your own fault for not knowing what you enjoy and what you don't. In my case, i know exactly the traits of a game that are a must for me, and if they ain't looking pretty from all the videos and streams available, there is a 90% chance the game will be shit, and extra shit for me. Did i play Starfield? I did not, and knew all its issues way before you rented the damn thing🤷‍♂️

And don't get it mistaken, you didn't forget the dlc is approaching. You're just trying hard to dump on the game, making it sound like the dlc is so irrelevant that most have forgotten its coming out. You're not fooling anyone, Maroxad, you're way too easy these days.

I know what I like and what I don't like.

However, I am intellectually honest and open minded enough, to have my mind changed.

This is probably why we are content with the state of gaming while you do nothing but whine. People such as myself are constantly getting fresh new experiences while you are playing through the same game over and over with diminishing returns.

Edit: And lol at your shadowbanned comment.