Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Complete List

Some believed it would never happen. But after 13 years, the cult gameAlan Wakefinally has a proper follow-up—and it’s a doozy. More than just another video game,Alan Wake IIis a celebration of art infused with meta-narratives, musical numbers, connections to Remedy’s games,Control, andQuantum Break, and a frightening and elegant examination of writing and what it means to put your words out in the world. And if all of that wasn’t enough, it’s also one of the most terrifying survival horror games of the last decade, and practically begs you to keep the lights on. The game is divided between two protagonists and their journeys. The first is FBI Agent Saga Anderson, who is drawn to the small town of Bright Falls, Wash., to investigate a mysterious cult with ties to Wake’s novels. The second is Alan Wake as he tries to free himself from the seemingly endless loop of the Dark Place that he’s been trapped in for those 13 years. Eventually, their two narratives converge and their seemingly separate journeys are revealed to be more enmeshed than either of them thought

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8875 Posts

@Heil68: I have three Diablo IV characters, two of which are at 100. Diablo IV is not GOTY worthy. I love it, I really do, but it is a very fun yet flawed gem.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44360 Posts

Fantastic game, no objections here.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56281 Posts

I've been really enjoying Alan Wake 2, the game is completely different from the first game. I have been playing Saga's story for the most part as I find her more interesting, to say the least than Alan himself. But the best part of the game was while playing as Alan, the musical stage part was a huge surprise, I wasn’t expecting that in this game but that’s fuckin hilarious it won me over as my top 10 of 2023.

I'm enjoying all the remedy-verse connections with Alex Casey, (max Payne) Alan Wake 1, Control, and seeing it culminate into Alan Wake 2. Remedy/Sam Lake are one of a kind, I always say Remedy is my favorite game developer, and I'm really glad Alan Wake 2 is living up to my expectations, they really have a hidden banger for 2023.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39409 Posts

Of course it'll win. The game is literally a copy of Sony exclusives. Sony should just acquire the studio, it suits their style a bit too well.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hardwenzen

@dabear: Its not a flawed gem. Its a POS of a video game, and that's coming from someone with over 300h in it.

You don't release a gear grind heavy title with zero endgame, variety, and most importantly, fun gear. D4 is an abomination, and the worst purchase in years.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56281 Posts

@hardwenzen: Well, if you really want Sony to own Remedy, they'll need to go through Epic first and foremost as they are the legal guardian after all.

The funny thing is, MS was at the right time/place to buy Remedy long ago, but for odd reasons, they never did nor care. Huge missed opportunity by MS lol.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hardwenzen
@davillain said:

@hardwenzen: Well, if you really want Sony to own Remedy, they'll need to go through Epic first and foremost as they are the legal guardian after all.

The funny thing is, MS was at the right time/place to buy Remedy long ago, but for odd reasons, they never did nor care. Huge missed opportunity by MS lol.

What do yoiu mean a lega guardian? They financed AW2, but not their upcoming games, so if Sony wanted to, they'd acquire them and finance their future titles.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Heil68

@dabear said:

@Heil68: I have three Diablo IV characters, two of which are at 100. Diablo IV is not GOTY worthy. I love it, I really do, but it is a very fun yet flawed gem.

I suppose you have it on Xbox? I need some help in PS version..lmao

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7334 Posts

Nice. I definitely want to play this one day, but I'll get the ultimate edition on sale in a few years. Holding out for a GOG release too.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8317 Posts

I hate movie games

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13049 Posts

@davillain said:

Remedy would be a bad buy. They barely sell many games. Control was a dumpster fire. They were not happy with AW1 sales. Not happy with AW2 sales. CrossfireX campaign was removed from the servers and people that paid for the campaign can't even play it.

Sony has low standards, but even though wouldn't buy this company.

@hardwenzen said:

Of course it'll win. The game is literally a copy of Sony exclusives. Sony should just acquire the studio, it suits their style a bit too well.

Sony games are garbage.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14817 Posts

Love to see this ported to the Switch.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#14 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70024 Posts

This is the game that was struggling on the PS5. Did they patch it?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Heil68

@Pedro said:

This is the game that was struggling on the PS5. Did they patch it?

Dont need to, makes more cinematic experience and overall masterpiece, best played on PS5.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hardwenzen

@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:

Sony games are garbage.

Who's games are so shit that they aren't running for goty?😂On the Sony side, they aren't only running for goty, they win constantly🤭

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7223 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:

Sony games are garbage.

Who's games are so shit that they aren't running for goty?😂On the Sony side, they aren't only running for goty, they win constantly🤭

Critics love movie games, they basically play themselves and print them money.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hardwenzen

@mesome713 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:

Sony games are garbage.

Critics love movie games, they basically play themselves and print them money.

That's why Mario and Zelda gets highs cores, actually, tbh, honestly.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:
@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:

Sony games are garbage.

You mean Starfield that won GOTY? Or do you mean Spider-Man 2 that didn't win GOTY? We are confused young man.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Heil68

@kvallyx said:

Sony games are garbage.

How dare you! :D

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6427 Posts

I heard you spend most of your time walking around searching for stuff, and Time does video game reviews, excuse me while I 🤣🤣🤣

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Heil68

@last_lap said:

I heard you spend most of your time walking around searching for stuff, and Time does video game reviews, excuse me while I 🤣🤣🤣

I heard you like.......Racing games!

See, just hanging out in SW's, we find out so much about each other.

One of the blessings of this board, don't you agree? :D

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Last_Lap

@Heil68 said:
@last_lap said:

You heard wrong, I don't like racing games, I love them. Not sure what that has to do with AW2 being a walking/searching simulator, and Time wouldn't know what a good game is if it's giving AW2 GOTY🤦‍♂️

Why all the threads and posts, did you have 1 to many Coffees this morning heil?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Heil68

@last_lap said:
@Heil68 said:
@last_lap said:

You heard wrong, I don't like racing games, I love them. Not sure what that has to do with AW2 being a walking/searching simulator, and Time wouldn't know what a good game is if it's giving AW2 GOTY🤦‍♂️

Why all the threads and posts, did you have 1 to many Coffees this morning heil?

Bored at work and have access to PC..lmao

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44631 Posts

Got this at same time I got Robocop: Rogue City, I liked Robocop better myself. Alan Wake 2 was impressive from a design standpoint, really beautiful detailed environments, and an exceptional graphical achievement. Story was good too. Gameplay though, I felt they pushed too hard on the survival horror aspect. It does this weird thing with item pick-ups where what you find is determined by what you're carrying. Carry too much ammo and health and loot containers will often be empty, or if they do have ammo, it's like 1 bullet or 1 shotgun shell. Whereas if you keep extra inventory in your shoebox, travel lean, item pickups are more frequent and give you more. So, if I have 9 or less extra bullets for my handgun, I'll pick up 10 bullets on my next pickup, if I have 10 or more it's only 5 bullets, and 20 or more I only get one bullet. For shotgun it's 5 or less gets you 6 shotgun shells when picking up an ammo box, more than 6 shells in inventory it's like one or two shells per box after that. I guess they want players to be riding a line just having barley enough to get by, which wasn't always well thought out. This on the fly fight with what you've got would work better if the player didn't have to map their inventory to the D-pad constantly. Once I figured this inventoey-loot situation out though the rest became a breeze, I just knew when I should be stocking up supplies at the shoe box and when I should be looting containers or avoid looting containers until I dropped off excess supplies that made it easier. Batteries were also horrible to come by, but I figured out a trick that whenever I reloaded a checkpoint, battery power would be at full. So when I had a checkpoint or save point, I'd reload, just to keep myself from having to use a battery to recharge the flashlight. I found work-arounds to this game's annoying quirks, got by fine, I don't think people should have to struggle so hard to enjoy a game like this.

Plot-wise though, I loved this idea they want to bridge Remedy's various game universes. Curious if Rockstar will let them make those Alan Wake / Control / Quantum Break connections with Max Payne when Remedy remakes those for Rockstar, or if they loosely and spiritually connect them like with in the Alan Wake / Control universe with characters like Tim Breaker or Alex Casey being sort of proxies to parallel worlds.

Gameplay though it's very different to the original. Combat in original Alan Wake felt more casual but was still lots of fun, more forgiving availability of ammo and supplies like batteries and healing wasn't even an issue, plenty of flares and flare gun ammo and flash grenades and loads more bad guys. Here it felt like they wanted combat to feel somewhat Souls'y. The Dark Place being mostly shadows that melt when you shine light on them with the occasional tougher enemy was weird, not sure I care for that design aspect. I think they should have stuck with what they did for original games, just improve on it a lot, it could have been an action spectacle.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hardwenzen

@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:

Sony games are garbage.

You mean Starfield that won GOTY? Or do you mean Spider-Man 2 that didn't win GOTY? We are confused young man.

Forget about winning anything. To have a chance, you first need to be a contender, and MS titles are not yet there. Give it another 15 years, maybe they'll get there. nvm, they're exiting gaming by 2027.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Last_Lap

@Heil68 said:
@last_lap said:
@Heil68 said:
@last_lap said:

I'm privileged as i'm the only one at my workplace that I can post most of the day lol. My boss even lives in a different town. All I can say is go hard while you can 🤣

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Heil68

@last_lap said:
@Heil68 said:
@last_lap said:
@Heil68 said:
@last_lap said:

I'm privileged as i'm the only one at my workplace that I can post most of the day lol. My boss even lives in a different town. All I can say is go hard while you can 🤣

My boss doesnt care as long as shit gets done. :D

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#29 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70024 Posts

@Heil68: So, still struggling. :)

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Last_Lap

@Heil68 said:
@last_lap said:
@Heil68 said:
@last_lap said:
@Heil68 said:

My boss doesnt care as long as shit gets done. :D

My boss tries to tell me how he wants the job done, but I just do it my way and he doesn't say a word. I haven't seen my boss face to face in over a month, greatest job i've ever had lol.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#31 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59181 Posts

Time once made Hitler man of the year.

Alan Wake 2 is overrated.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

They play games? Barely, I'm guessing, since a movie game won.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@hardwenzen: From someone who has 11,200 hours in Diablo 2 over 10+ years...

Diablo 4 is god awful. Whenever people saying

"gaming sucks these days",

"games aren't what they used to be",

"2023 games are shit",

"They don't make them like they used to"

etc etc. They are completely ignoring some of the best games of all time like BG3, Elden Ring, TLOU1-2, RDR2, GOW/GOWR etc.

Its because of games like Diablo 4 that people think like that. Diablo 4, EA and Ubisoft are the reason for those statements mentioned above.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@kvallyx:

Microsoft: Hasn't had a strong GOTY contender since 2001. (23 years since the last LOL)

Sony: 4 GOTY winners in 5 years, annually providing GOTY candidates and multiple GOTD contenders.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KvallyX

@Mozelleple112 said:

@kvallyx:

Microsoft: Hasn't had a strong GOTY contender since 2001. (23 years since the last LOL)

Sony: 4 GOTY winners in 5 years, annually providing GOTY candidates and multiple GOTD contenders.

^lol this guy. Starfield won GOTY this year, Sony didn't. And, sadly, PS has no games :(

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Heil68

@Mozelleple112 said:

@kvallyx:

Cant compete with gen leading SONY.

#legendary

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

I was kinda meh on AW1, but I've heard a lot of great things. May need to check it out.